Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Roll Over Beethoven: Radio Broadcast, 1963 CD
Posted by: Matt ()
Date: February 8, 2016 10:50

What is this? Got a mail this morning that this CD will be released on Feb 12. According to CD Universe it is a Live recording, but from what I can hear it is the ordinary studio recordings. Anyone having more info?

Re: Roll Over Beethoven: Radio Broadcast, 1963 CD
Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 8, 2016 10:56

Same old stuff, and stupid artcover:

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 8, 2016 12:03

It's a re-packaging of the BBC recordings.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 8, 2016 12:34

Live in the BBC studio counts as live in my book ...

Date: February 8, 2016 13:39

Aren't Route 66, Cops And Robbers, You Better Move On and Mona from 1964?

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: February 8, 2016 14:12

In my book as well. but if you listen to the clips available these are certainly not BBC live recordings.

Date: February 8, 2016 14:37

Matt
In my book as well. but if you listen to the clips available these are certainly not BBC live recordings.

Can't listen now, but if these versions are the ones I'm thinking of – they are on the bootleg «How Britain Got The Blues». At least Ain't That Loving You Baby is on that bootleg.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 8, 2016 14:51

Legendary FM Broadcast? In 1963? Yeah, right!

The clips available here sound remarkably like the original Decca versions.
[www.cduniverse.com]

A review on Amazon UK:

Terrible sound quality as though the tracks have been dubbed from poor bootlegs. I now discover that the Stones only recorded 3 BBC tracks in 1963. The rest must be from the following year, and they differ little from the studio versions. Furthermore, the intros of some tracks are trimmed. I now discover that some of these tracks give better sound on Youtube. I may ring Amazon about this. I cannot recommend this.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 14:54 by Deltics.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:12

I always assumed that ABKCO were one of the reasons for the non appearance of a "Stones at the Beeb" release in the nineties.
The Beatles, Bowie, The Who, The Kinks ( I think) have all put out official releases and certainly in the case of The Beatles, they achieved very creditable sales figures.
So why nothing from the Stones camp?

Date: February 8, 2016 17:15

jlowe
I always assumed that ABKCO were one of the reasons for the non appearance of a "Stones at the Beeb" release in the nineties.
The Beatles, Bowie, The Who, The Kinks ( I think) have all put out official releases and certainly in the case of The Beatles, they achieved very creditable sales figures.

They released a live EP with Route 66, Cops And Robbers, You Better Move On and Mona in 2012.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 17:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:47

DandelionPowderman
jlowe

They released a live EP with Route 66, Cops And Robbers, You Better Move On and Mona in 2012.

But you could only get it with the very expensive super-duper deluxe version of Grrr.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:53

Best illegal download ever

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 8, 2016 17:58

Deltics
DandelionPowderman
jlowe

But you could only get it with the very expensive super-duper deluxe version of Grrr.

there was a brief moment on amazon where you could buy it for $30-40...your timing had to be good!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home