Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Not quite OT - The Complete Monterey Pop Festival DVD book
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: October 11, 2015 09:35

OK, let me get the OT stuff out of the way first. As a number of us would know, "His Majesty, Prince Jones" was at Monterey in 1967. Phew.

So ..... can anybody post nice scans of the front and back cover of the hard-cover book that comes with the DVD box set? I'm also looking for good scans of pages 20-21 and 36-37 from the booklet. It's the booklet that appears at, for example, the right-hand side of the shot at [www.publicsurplus.com]

Re: Not quite OT - The Complete Monterey Pop Festival DVD book
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 11, 2015 18:02

Does it come w\a tab of authentic Stanley Owsley (RIP) LSD w\a COA? California is sooooo trippy, man...smileys with beer

Date: October 11, 2015 23:24

Sorry, no winking smiley But even if it did, it probably would have just reached its use-by date by now.

Date: October 13, 2015 07:49

Oops, I also need pages 48-49 and 54-55.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 13, 2015 11:24

No Stones Involved but an impressing list of artists

Vrijdag 16 juni 1967
The Association
The Paupers
Lou Rawls
Beverly
Johnny Rivers
Eric Burdon & The Animals <<<
Simon & Garfunkel <<<

Zaterdag 17 juni 1967
Canned Heat <<<
Big Brother and the Holding Company
Country Joe and the Fish <<<
Al Kooper
The Butterfield Blues Band
Quicksilver Messenger Service
Steve Miller Band
Electric Flag
Moby Grape
Hugh Masekela
The Byrds <<<
Laura Nyro
Jefferson Airplane <<<
Booker T. & the M.G.'s <<<
The Mar-Keys
Otis Redding <<<

Zondag 18 juni 1967
Ravi Shankar
The Blues Project <<<
Big Brother and the Holding Company
The Group With No Name
Buffalo Springfield <<<
The Who <<<
Grateful Dead <<<
The Jimi Hendrix Experience <<<
Scott McKenzie
The Mamas and the Papas <<<

Bands of interest marked with <<<
Janis Joplin is mentioned also

On a beautiful June weekend in 1967, at the height of the Summer of Love, the first and only Monterey International Pop Festival roared forward, capturing a decade’s spirit and ushering in a new era of rock and roll. Monterey would launch the careers of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Otis Redding, but they were just a few among a wildly diverse cast that included Simon and Garfunkel, the Mamas and the Papas, the Who, the Byrds, Hugh Masekela, and the extraordinary Ravi Shankar. With his characteristic vérité style, D. A. Pennebaker captured it all, immortalizing moments that have become legend: Pete Townshend destroying his guitar, Jimi Hendrix burning his. The Criterion Collection is proud to present this timeless document of a landmark event.

Disc Features

•Restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised and approved by D.A. Pennebaker
•Soundtrack featuring a 5.1 mix by legendary recording engineer Eddie Kramer, presented in Dolby Digital, and DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray edition
•Two hours of performances not included in Monterey Pop, from the Association, Big Brother and the Holding Company, the Blues Project, the Byrds, Country Joe and the Fish, the Electric Flag, Jefferson Airplane, Al Kooper, the Mamas and the Papas, Laura Nyro, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Simon and Garfunkel, Tiny Time, and the Who (Blu-ray only)
•Audio commentary by Festival producer Lou Adler and Pennebaker
•Video interview with Adler and Pennebaker
•Audio interviews with festival producer John Phillips, festival publicist Derek Taylor, and performers Cass Elliot and David Crosby
•Photo-essay by photographer Elaine Mayes
•Original theatrical trailer and radio spots
•Monterey Pop Festival scrapbook
•PLUS: A booklet featuring new essays by critics Michael Lydon (Blu-ray only), Barney Hoskyns (Blu-ray only), and Armond White

Not only for myself but my wife as well would appreciate links for what you have, both the DVDs and the book.

My email is not hidden

Posted by: mcp ()
Date: October 17, 2015 01:38

stonesman87
OK, let me get the OT stuff out of the way first. As a number of us would know, "His Majesty, Prince Jones" was at Monterey in 1967. Phew.

So ..... can anybody post nice scans of the front and back cover of the hard-cover book that comes with the DVD box set? I'm also looking for good scans of pages 20-21 and 36-37 from the booklet. It's the booklet that appears at, for example, the right-hand side of the shot at [www.publicsurplus.com]

Does this help?
[drive.google.com]

[never mind - it's probably the same one you have - missing the same pages]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-17 01:40 by mcp.

Date: October 17, 2015 23:38

mcp
stonesman87

Does this help?
[drive.google.com]

[never mind - it's probably the same one you have - missing the same pages]

Thanks a lot for this. Yes, unfortunately, it's missing the same 4 page openings - 20-21, 36-37, 48-49, and 54-55. Oh well, I'll keep searching. thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home