Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Winamp
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 31, 2015 02:25

Been using this to play music through the confuser (computer) for ages. Alas, it is no longer supported and may never rise again. So, I am using the last offcial version of it still for music playing. Is there anything out there equivalent to it? Thanks.

Re: OT: Winamp
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 31, 2015 02:35

Try VLC Media Player it's free and simple to use............

[wiki.videolan.org]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 31, 2015 02:36

Foobar2000. Free and so much better (and regularly updated).
[www.foobar2000.org]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 31, 2015 03:28

I used to use Winamp for just clicking on a song in Explorer and listening to a onesie. I have since switched to Media Player Classic Home Cinema. It's a "light" program just like Winamp, although it is also my main movie player, can't be beat for that IMO.

For really listening to and managing my music library, I use "heavier" MediaMonkey and have always been very satisfied with it.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 31, 2015 15:37

kowalski
Foobar2000. Free and so much better (and regularly updated).
[www.foobar2000.org]

thumbs up

C

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 31, 2015 23:41

After Winamp, MediaMonkey does it for me. thumbs up

Date: August 1, 2015 02:58

For Windows,I like AIMP 3.2 (All-In-one-Music-Player 3.2). There is a newer version but,I see no reason to switch. Version 3.2 seems light on computer resources and the newer version seems to have extra stuff that I don't really need.

Also for Windows,there is FooBar2000 , VLC Media Player , and Kantaris Media Player but, AIMP 3.2 seems to have a little bit better sound than the others for a straightforward audio player.

For Linux,I like Clementine and Audacious.Clementine has more features while Audacious is more streamlined. There is also XINE for Linux but,I haven't tried that particular one yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home