Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: Get your Leeds lungs out - New remaster BBC 2012 edition
Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: April 1, 2015 15:09

Can anyone please upload Get your Leeds lungs out - New reamasterBBC 2012 edition, by Goldplate GP 1205cd1/2 (2012)? Thank you very much. Alex.

[dbboots.com]

Re: Request: Get your Leeds lungs out - New remaster BBC 2012 edition
Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: April 1, 2015 17:28

Just wait until the 25th May when the COMPLETE show gets it's official release as part of the Super Deluxe Edition of Sticky Fingers.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 1, 2015 18:50

Nasty Habits
Just wait until the 25th May when the COMPLETE show gets it's official release as part of the Super Deluxe Edition of Sticky Fingers.

The question is if this official release is better than the mentioned boot. Remember that the official Brussels Affair was way worse than the boot, and I'm talking about audio quality here!

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: April 2, 2015 06:48

Totally agree.

Releasing the COMPLETE show officially is a good new, but I'm wondering about sound quality, unnecessary & unwanted editing or overdub....as their recently archive vault series has. sad smiley

IMO, "Untouched" EX boot always sounds great and the best.

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: April 2, 2015 09:28

For me this cd is of interest to hear what the BBC did in 2012 remastering the 1971 recording. Also I hope to know if the audio of TV-performances of Bitch and Wild horses are any better than the ones I am familiar with. So I would welcome to know if anyone can upload this cd.

Alex.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 2, 2015 12:08

Nasty Habits

I thought JJF and Live with me were unavailable because the BBC soundman forgot to turn the mic on?.....Not so?...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 2, 2015 15:54

so far the sites I've seen that have the track listings implies it will start with DEAD FLOWERS just like the boot...

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:34

scottkeef
so far the sites I've seen that have the track listings implies it will start with DEAD FLOWERS just like the boot...

Not according to the official site..

[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: April 2, 2015 16:36

alexander paul
For me this cd is of interest to hear what the BBC did in 2012 remastering the 1971 recording. Also I hope to know if the audio of TV-performances of Bitch and Wild horses are any better than the ones I am familiar with. So I would welcome to know if anyone can upload this cd.

Alex.

I don't think there was any remastering involved, it was just a rebroadcast of the old mono tape that they have in the archive.

Date: April 2, 2015 16:42

kleermaker
Nasty Habits

The question is if this official release is better than the mentioned boot. Remember that the official Brussels Affair was way worse than the boot, and I'm talking about audio quality here!

I wonder if the official version would have sounded better had it not been so compressed in the mastering stage. I wouldn't be surpised if the mix had been quite dynamic. If you look at the waveforms for those archive releases, they suffer from the usual modern "everything squashed to oblivion" mastering.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:44

vudicus
scottkeef

Not according to the official site..

[www.rollingstones.com]

thanks!!! I'm stoked by that..all the sites I had seen were Japanese sites..

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 2, 2015 16:49

EddieByword
Nasty Habits

I thought JJF and Live with me were unavailable because the BBC soundman forgot to turn the mic on?.....Not so?...

Seeing as Great Britain was heavily unionized in those palmy, far away days, the tosser was prolly on a tea break!

Date: April 2, 2015 16:49

keithpinkmoon
Totally agree.

Releasing the COMPLETE show officially is a good new, but I'm wondering about sound quality, unnecessary & unwanted editing or overdub....as their recently archive vault series has. sad smiley

IMO, "Untouched" EX boot always sounds great and the best.

This should be a brand new stereo mix from the original multi tracks.
Not saying it will be better but it should be very different to the excellent mono version we've had all these years. I just hope it isn't compressed/brickwalled/buggered to oblivion.

As this was recorded for radio and not a live LP, they never did any overdubbing so we only need to worry about possible editing.
Editing this show seems unlikely as the performance doesn't have any major flaws. Of course, the first 2 tracks will be new to us, so these could be edited if they are not happy with them.

Date: April 2, 2015 19:36

vudicus
kleermaker
Nasty Habits

I wonder if the official version would have sounded better had it not been so compressed in the mastering stage. I wouldn't be surpised if the mix had been quite dynamic. If you look at the waveforms for those archive releases, they suffer from the usual modern "everything squashed to oblivion" mastering.

Judging the Brussels boot, which I consider dynamic, it would have been dynamic, which it isn't, alas.

Posted by: siette ()
Date: April 2, 2015 23:37

Off course we'll wait until the 25th of May. But still, can someone please upload Get your Leeds lungs out - New remaster BBC 2012 edition? thx in advance!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: April 3, 2015 04:56

vudicus

As this was recorded for radio and not a live LP, they never did any overdubbing so we only need to worry about possible editing.
Editing this show seems unlikely as the performance doesn't have any major flaws. Of course, the first 2 tracks will be new to us, so these could be edited if they are not happy with them.

My concern is that those first two tracks may have suffered from some sort of recording flaw which is why they were left off the broadcast to begin with.

And the performance does has several instances of feedback which the Stones are notorious for editing out of official material.

While there is the stereo Let It Rock, I have not seen any details that specify if this release will, indeed, be in stereo.

Nor, for that matter, do I see any details that indicate the Roundhouse tape is a soundboard. (I'm also waiting for the explanation as to why the entire show was not included).

J

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:26

JMARKO
vudicus

My concern is that those first two tracks may have suffered from some sort of recording flaw which is why they were left off the broadcast to begin with.

And the performance does has several instances of feedback which the Stones are notorious for editing out of official material.

While there is the stereo Let It Rock, I have not seen any details that specify if this release will, indeed, be in stereo.

Nor, for that matter, do I see any details that indicate the Roundhouse tape is a soundboard. (I'm also waiting for the explanation as to why the entire show was not included).

J

Leeds - of course it's possible that only a mono master mix (of which a copy was given to the BBC for broadcasting purposes - minus the two opening tracks, of course) of the complete show is all that survived the times and the orginal multitracks either got lost or are in an unusable state, which would leave Let It Rock the only track available in stereo because it was already mixed back then at a time when the multitracks were still usable. We have to wait and see (hear), I'm afraid.

And while there's still no evidence that the Roundhouse tape is indeed a soundboard, I would guess that they don't use the available bootleg audience source because for an official release, the quality is simply too bad.

If they really were in such a desparate need of suitable material, they would have used other outtakes or alternate mixes instead - Brown Sugar mono single mix, Sway mono single mix, Travellin' Man, Hillside Blues, Potted Shrimp - and where's this Wild Horses version with a string quartet that Don Was raved about as a "truly magnificent find" when he was searching the still existing tapes for Exile bonus material?

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 4, 2015 09:05

alexander paul
Can anyone please upload Get your Leeds lungs out - New reamasterBBC 2012 edition, by Goldplate GP 1205cd1/2 (2012)? Thank you very much. Alex.

[dbboots.com]

I have the Sister Morphine release, if you're interested.

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: April 4, 2015 10:13

I thought Leeds,London,Liverpool and Brighton were professionally recorded ?
Of course we have never found out why JJF and LWM were not included on the Leeds broadcasts.
I agree with most other people that this is again a massive wasted opportunity,but as I've said before Jagger has little interest in the recorded legacy.Or he doesn't understand what fans like us want to hear,or more likely doesn't care.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 6, 2015 03:02

EddieByword
Nasty Habits

It Depends on which mics the soundman forgot. with today's technology they can lift a vocal or guitar from another gig then edit and mix it into the faulty recording. this was recently done with the recent re-release of the Doors 1968 Hollywood Bowl concert. and one of the WHO's live albums.

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: April 6, 2015 09:36

Yes,they could patch in JJF and LWM from another show,although it would be nice to know the truth of the two missing Leeds songs.

Date: April 6, 2015 16:31

ghostryder13
EddieByword
Nasty Habits

It Depends on which mics the soundman forgot. with today's technology they can lift a vocal or guitar from another gig then edit and mix it into the faulty recording. this was recently done with the recent re-release of the Doors 1968 Hollywood Bowl concert. and one of the WHO's live albums.

It was also done with the official Brussels Affair: editing the solo from All down the line from the first show into the song from the second one (the release).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home