Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

England's Newest Hitmakers - ffrr label
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 11, 2005 11:34

I have a question. The label on my copy of England's Newest Hitmakers (purchased used many years ago) is one that I have never seen before, and I wonder if anyone on the board can shed some light on this. It (i) is maroon, (ii) has an ffrr ears logo and the "London" logo NOT in a box; and (iii) says "made in USA" on the label.

Since it says it is made in the USA, I assume that it came out after the first batch of discs, which were made in England by Decca.

Any idea?

Re: England's Newest Hitmakers - ffrr label
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 11, 2005 19:54

SUPER rare variation. Made for export to Europe, likely sold for Military Use.

Congrats on a RARE record!

JR

Date: July 12, 2005 10:38

That's fascinating. It's great to finally know what this is. The disc is in very good condition, so I may begin looking for an upgraded jacket and photo to go with it. Thanks!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 12, 2005 17:12

I will check and see if I have an extra one lying about.

Perhaps a trade or something.

Best,

JR

Posted by: Berlin ()
Date: July 13, 2005 19:12

Hi drbryant!

Try this site: www.beatzenith.com, click on the Stonespicture-Rolling Stones- US LP Label history. You`ll find rare variations of the London ffrr-labels. Great to chec first and later pressings. Great Site for collectors!
Have fun, Thomas

Date: July 17, 2005 23:16

Thanks for the information. I can't believe that there is actually a picture of this label on the internet. I have been wondering about this for years!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home