Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Beggars Banquet Box
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 24, 2015 21:18

I'm looking for more information on this Beggars Banquet Box. Is this official (looks official to me). Were there other Rolling Stones boxes in a series? How valuable is this Beggars' box?

Here's what I found online (http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=19402):

ROLLING STONES The Beggars Banquet (Rare 1993 UK Limited Edition box set including a 48-page 11½" square softback book with photos by Tony Gale & text by Andy Neill, a white XL t-shirt with 'Beggars Banquet' motif, a fold out reproduction Jumpin'Jack Flash advertisement poster, a colour postcard & individually numbered certificate of authenticity, all housed in a superb 12" square high quality picture box!)
** Limited to just 2000 **.

Box contains London CD MCPS 800 084-2 made in Germany

Record Label: UFO
Catalogue No: ISBN1-873448-15-X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 21:31 by exilestones.

Re: Beggars Banquet Box
Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 24, 2015 21:31

exilestones

With the "Olympic Recording Session 1998" book with the pic from 1970 Stargroves pic on the cover...

There were some other boxes like this one back in 1993 from the same editor.
I remember a Rockn' Roll Circus Box with a book with pics I have never seen since.
Don't know if it is rare but I have never seen them again 20 years later.

Posted by: max56 ()
Date: February 25, 2015 13:00

It's a bootleg with original cd

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 25, 2015 15:09

Sorry max56, UFO wasn't a bootleg-label, that's nonsense.

As far as I can remember they realeased Betwenn The Button as well.

They bought a bunch of original CDs and put them into a box-set. A practice that is still legal. Other companies did the same thing with Stripped, Their Satanic Majesties and I'm sure quite a few others which I can't remember anymore.

From a collector's poit of view this items are very questionable as they weren't released by the original record company (nor by the band). I mean even I could build a box-set of 500 copies out of any given CD/LP on the market...

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 26, 2015 20:42

It's a cool box to have. The CD is German with the wider stereo mix.

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:05

I bought one of these last year off ebay. No CD was included (and none is listed in the contents in the first post, above) - but I'd seen the reference to the London 800 084-2 release being associated with this box-set, and managed to find one of those on ebay as well.

A nice set to have - although the white T-shirt looks a little grey now! smiling smiley

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:29

Bought one a couple of years ago from an online sale (UK record store - but can't remember/find out which one)
Mine is #1379 and came with the CD; booklet with photos is very good and the T-Shirt has obviously never been worn.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a high quality box - a rather large claim - but lovely cover photo.
A nice item at the right price - as always cool smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: February 27, 2015 15:27

I don't know if it was released by the same label, but I bought 20 years ago two boxes one from Keith's Main offender release and one from Mick Jagger (don't know from which solo album). You actually could choose yourself: with or without a cd.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1230
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home