Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RE-POST DVDR - MICK TAYLOR - GARDE'N BLUES 1998
Posted by: corstones ()
Date: December 30, 2014 12:40

On request again:

[we.tl] (part 1)

[we.tl] (part 2)

[we.tl] (Artwork)

Available on WT untill 05-01-2015.

Enjoy !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-30 12:41 by corstones.

Re: RE-POST DVDR - MICK TAYLOR - GARDE'N BLUES 1998
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: January 2, 2015 17:11

Thank You Kindly

I love Mick Taylor. Met him in NYC in 1988 at The Lonestar Roadhouse Cafe.
By accident, I went upstairs to use the bathroom. Inside the bathroom I saw this guy dressed in black leather pants and vest, with mountain boots and a red spandex shirt with lightening bolts It turned out to be Leslie West. We chatted for about 15 minutes about chicks, beer and diabetes. He told me that he couldn't drink because of the diabetes and had lost lots of weight. In his raspy voice he said" kid, do whatever the @#$%& you want, just don't ever get diabetes." I said "Ok Man" Incidentally, I had no idea that he was Leslie West until the house announcer said"Thank you the fabulous Mick Taylor, stay tuned for Leslie West." Leslie said, "Ok kid that's my cue, gotta see if this new tech knows how to tune a guitar..later" I walked out of the bathroom quite stunned and was more amazed when I figured out that upstairs was for stars. I was in a private party. I saw Mick Taylor coming up the stairs with his 2 bodyguards who had apparently left their post at the bottom of the stairs during the last song to usher Mick from the stage to the staircase. In the interim, I went looking for a bathroom. I followed a sign, and went upstairs. I can remember Little Red Rooster was playing the entire time I was talking with Leslie. Anyway, I quickly went back around the corner and made my way into the room where the party was taking place. It was mostly members of both bands with girlfriends. Mick was standing alone. I went up to him and complimented him on the show. Since he was sweating, I asked him if he wanted a beer. I got 2 bottles of Heineken from the roving bar and we shared a beer. He was very cool and asked me if I would bring any friends to a bar on 48th Street called Manny's Car Wash. He was making an appearance at Manny's with a friend's band at 2 am. I met him later that night and again in 2014, but those are 2 different stories for another time..

Thanks,

Soulsurvivor

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 2, 2015 18:38

soulsurvivor1
Thank You Kindly

I love Mick Taylor. Met him in NYC in 1988 at The Lonestar Roadhouse Cafe.
By accident, I went upstairs to use the bathroom. Inside the bathroom I saw this guy dressed in black leather pants and vest, with mountain boots and a red spandex shirt with lightening bolts It turned out to be Leslie West. We chatted for about 15 minutes about chicks, beer and diabetes. He told me that he couldn't drink because of the diabetes and had lost lots of weight. In his raspy voice he said" kid, do whatever the @#$%& you want, just don't ever get diabetes." I said "Ok Man" Incidentally, I had no idea that he was Leslie West until the house announcer said"Thank you the fabulous Mick Taylor, stay tuned for Leslie West." Leslie said, "Ok kid that's my cue, gotta see if this new tech knows how to tune a guitar..later" I walked out of the bathroom quite stunned and was more amazed when I figured out that upstairs was for stars. I was in a private party. I saw Mick Taylor coming up the stairs with his 2 bodyguards who had apparently left their post at the bottom of the stairs during the last song to usher Mick from the stage to the staircase. In the interim, I went looking for a bathroom. I followed a sign, and went upstairs. I can remember Little Red Rooster was playing the entire time I was talking with Leslie. Anyway, I quickly went back around the corner and made my way into the room where the party was taking place. It was mostly members of both bands with girlfriends. Mick was standing alone. I went up to him and complimented him on the show. Since he was sweating, I asked him if he wanted a beer. I got 2 bottles of Heineken from the roving bar and we shared a beer. He was very cool and asked me if I would bring any friends to a bar on 48th Street called Manny's Car Wash. He was making an appearance at Manny's with a friend's band at 2 am. I met him later that night and again in 2014, but those are 2 different stories for another time..

Thanks,

Soulsurvivor

Greaty story Soulsurvivor, thanks for sharing it here! Waiting for the other two...

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: January 2, 2015 19:21

Thanks corstones! smileys with beer

---------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: January 2, 2015 19:56

Thanks for this one !!
I was a this show dans le Jardin de la Barasse, great souvenir smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home