Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HOW ABOUT PHILADELPHIA, MARKO?
Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: December 24, 2014 10:42

Hi Marko,

once I asked via Chris for YOUR remaster of a very unique (performance-wise) concert in Philadelphia 1981-09-25. Any chances?

Best,
Greg

Re: HOW ABOUT PHILADELPHIA, MARKO?
Posted by: marko ()
Date: December 24, 2014 11:00

yes i have cleaden that,and buffalo-LA-San Franciso mono soundboards.....i just tought that people has those allready,multiple times.

Posted by: misko ()
Date: December 24, 2014 20:14

I was at this show. I am just curious to know what makes this concert "Very unique?" Was it "Tops", "no sax"? It was the first gig so it was a bit sloppy. I loved the show . It was an all day event. Anytime you're going to see The Rolling Stones is a great day.

Date: December 24, 2014 22:03

The Rolling Stones were drunk (at the best) what influenced their ability to "cooperate" but that makes their performance unique. Usually they are so correct and so predictable that it's almost boring

Posted by: misko ()
Date: December 24, 2014 22:40

That "perfection" imho began in 1989 with the Steel Wheels tour. The shows I saw and listened to from '81 were all pretty loose. I have no need for backup singers on stage with the Stones. They don't agree. Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 25, 2014 21:02

marko
yes i have cleaden that,and buffalo-LA-San Franciso mono soundboards.....i just tought that people has those allready,multiple times.

There are better soundboards of Philadelphia 1981 than the mono monitor soundboards but it would be good to have the entire collection of mono monitor mixes of the same sound quality. Then I'd like to listen to every ones of them and make a few 'the best of' the monitor mixes and all of the sound would be consistent.

I'd like to figure-out which shows had no sax. When did the sax start? The sax changes the show. Ron does two solos on Black Limo in Philly '81 but only one when the sax came along. There's other major differences too.

It would a nice project to take all of the concerts before the sax and pick the best of and make one concert from it all. It's so important to have the sound match.

I'd like to have'm all with your touch, Marko!

Thanks!

Date: December 25, 2014 21:48

So maybe you could post recording which is better than VGP-175?

Posted by: marko ()
Date: December 25, 2014 21:58

Philly 81 what i have are cleaned remasters of VGP set,,,and for the 2nd day i have empress valley,,,not cleaned,but my usual remaster.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home