Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where to start with boots?
Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: November 29, 2014 07:02

I apologize if this has been discussed before but would someone be able to help me out in regards to bootlegs with what to look for and where to find them?

I've almost finished listening to all their studio/live albums now so I'd like to start checking out all the unreleased material and demos. Is there a definitive list of all the outtakes/demos boots or are they just scattered around on various releases in different qualities?

As with most things in life I'd like to do it in the simplest way possible without downloading loads of different releases just to find the odd song. I've found a helpful list of SBDs that blakeeik put together so that covers the live aspect of things so it's just the studio material I need help with.

If anyone could post a list or anything I'd really appreciate it. Thank you kindly

Re: Where to start with boots?
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 29, 2014 10:24

Have a look here [www.filefactory.com] especialy under the section Outtakes And Alternates, just to get started.

Date: November 29, 2014 11:13

Thanks stonesmuziekfan, I'll check that out now

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: November 29, 2014 17:35

This is a list that covers all bootlegged outtakes, rehearsals, TV and radio appearances, and promo-films (to my knowledge) in both audio and video formats. Titles are included only if they have at least one unique track compared to the rest of the list. It also does not include officially released material although some titles may contain them.

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

These are not necessarily the "best" sources, but that is for the listener to decide.

If anyone thinks I am missing a bootlegged track, please point it out. One example my be "It's a Lie (long, fast version)" that may be found on RYF-001.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-29 17:40 by blakeeik.

Posted by: illyad ()
Date: November 29, 2014 19:52

I have plenty of Stones boots on cdr. If you provide your email address I will send list of what I have.

Date: November 30, 2014 10:41

Many thanks blakeeik, you've made some very useful lists for noobs such as myself.

illyad, is there a pm function on this board?

Posted by: marko ()
Date: November 30, 2014 12:01

You could also become a member of my private group on facebook,,i mostly share there rare recordings...not the usual soundboards which we all freaks allready have,but once in while i could upload the standard recordings winking smiley

the bands that i share now and in the future are
stones
zeppelin
black sabbath
the who
pink floyd
ac/dc

then in the line are waiting
deep purple
jethro tull
rainbow
dire straits
david bowie
few aerosmith
jimi hendrix

i share flac or wave,usually the latter because not everyone has time to convert files so i try to make it easier for everyone.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: edwinholland ()
Date: November 30, 2014 12:26

You can buy my cdr collection.
I have paid for the cdr's too. and transport cost.
I can send you a list.

Date: December 2, 2014 05:51

marko
You could also become a member of my private group on facebook,,i mostly share there rare recordings...not the usual soundboards which we all freaks allready have,but once in while i could upload the standard recordings winking smiley

the bands that i share now and in the future are
stones
zeppelin
black sabbath
the who
pink floyd
ac/dc

then in the line are waiting
deep purple
jethro tull
rainbow
dire straits
david bowie
few aerosmith
jimi hendrix

i share flac or wave,usually the latter because not everyone has time to convert files so i try to make it easier for everyone.

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks Marko, I think I'll join your gang soon smileys with beer

illyad
I have plenty of Stones boots on cdr. If you provide your email address I will send list of what I have.

edwinholland
You can buy my cdr collection.
I have paid for the cdr's too. and transport cost.
I can send you a list.

Thank you very much for the offers guys but I don't think I'll be able to take you up on your offers any time soon - my bank balance is not looking very healthy at the moment and it'll take me a while before I could even contemplate buying them. I can barely afford to pay my bills at the moment it's that dire!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2014 10:14

Now's a good time to get started with boots compared to when I started in...1990. At the time you had to track down dodgy characters and pay a fortune for CDs, like €100 for the 3 Atlantic CDs or €30 for "Dirtiest Work" ;-)

I had started a project on mega for "essential" studio outtakes, I guess I'll post that thread now ;-) OK here you go : [www.iorr.org]

@blakeeik - what's this "It's a Lie (long, fast version)" ? RYF-001 comes up on Google as a live CD apparently ?

I think I'll start a "rare tracks" thread here as I just found out about the "long" "I Love Ladies" yesterday and I normally pay very close attention to outtakes ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-02 10:42 by gotdablouse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home