Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Show your collection (pictures)
Posted by: bibididone ()
Date: August 27, 2014 05:10

The idea is to show pictures of our own DVD collection. Count if ordered by date or label, and would also like to give their opinion on the scope of the collection and finally what good have a collection of dvd as this is becoming obsolete, or rather, there are better resources best quality, thank you very much

Re: Show your collection (pictures)
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: August 27, 2014 19:53

Some of my DVDs (most are not burned, but are on my external HDDs; if I want to see one, I burn it on a DVD-RW):

Some on HDDs:

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-27 19:58 by coowouters.

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: August 27, 2014 21:35

coowouters
Some of my DVDs (most are not burned, but are on my external HDDs; if I want to see one, I burn it on a DVD-RW):

Some on HDDs:

Hi Coowouters,
Nice idea to conserve space by keeping all shows on hard drive instead of burning and placing them on shelves. However hard drives are not perfect and can come damaged or corrupted unless you have an extra hard drive or backup plan.

Just my opinion.

Date: August 28, 2014 01:26

Thanks for share!

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 28, 2014 09:53

THE DON
Hi Coowouters,
Nice idea to conserve space by keeping all shows on hard drive instead of burning and placing them on shelves. However hard drives are not perfect and can come damaged or corrupted unless you have an extra hard drive or backup plan.

Just my opinion.

I've been saving all my stuff on HDs for about 10 years by now - at the moment I have 8 HDs (ranging for 1TB to 3 Tcool smiley and I'm making a backup for a close friend of mine instantly as soon as I'm saving something for me. There's always a backup-HD from him on my desktop. In all those years 1 HD got damaged and I had to reconstruct 1997 - 2002 from his HDs.

If I want to listen or watch to a show - well, my PC is connected to my HiFi and my bluray-player plays each and every format from my 64GB USB-stick - so I can even watch BluRays directly from my stick.

When I want to listen to music in my car I connect my cell-phone which plays flac format.

No need to burn anything anymoresmiling smiley

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 28, 2014 10:53

silkcut1978_
THE DON
Hi Coowouters,

Just my opinion.

I've been saving all my stuff on HDs for about 10 years by now - at the moment I have 8 HDs (ranging for 1TB to 3 Tcool smiley and I'm making a backup for a close friend of mine instantly as soon as I'm saving something for me. There's always a backup-HD from him on my desktop. In all those years 1 HD got damaged and I had to reconstruct 1997 - 2002 from his HDs.

If I want to listen or watch to a show - well, my PC is connected to my HiFi and my bluray-player plays each and every format from my 64GB USB-stick - so I can even watch BluRays directly from my stick.

When I want to listen to music in my car I connect my cell-phone which plays flac format.

No need to burn anything anymoresmiling smiley

Same here. Everything is saved on HDs. I started transferring all my stuff in 2007.

@silkcut1978: We wrote about some tapes from 2003 on EL some months ago. Can you maybe contact me please?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 28, 2014 19:47

coowouters

Some on HDDs:

Hi Chris - How do you save a copy of your files like that, I need to do that but can't work out how to.

Date: August 28, 2014 20:13

Tonstone

Hi Chris - How do you save a copy of your files like that, I need to do that but can't work out how to.

I just buy external HDD and transfer (using explorer) the files to the external (which is connected through USB ).
If you don't want to buy real external HDD, but you have some (good) internal HDD from older computers, you can always buy a docking station and use that to transfer from your internal HDD to those "older" HDD.

THE DON
Hi Coowouters,

Just my opinion.

Actually, I have a backup of my backup grinning smiley

Chris from Belgium

Date: August 28, 2014 20:32

coowouters
Tonstone

I just buy external HDD and transfer (using explorer) the files to the external (which is connected through USB ).
If you don't want to buy real external HDD, but you have some (good) internal HDD from older computers, you can always buy a docking station and use that to transfer from your internal HDD to those "older" HDD.

THE DON
Hi Coowouters,

Just my opinion.

Sorry Chris - Think I mislead you,I was meaning how did you save a picture of your document file Folders - Thanks for the info on the external hard dives etc - I already do all that and save mine to 3TB external Hard Drives - with a back up - Always pays to have a backup of a backup.thumbs up

Date: August 28, 2014 21:06

Tonstone
coowouters
Tonstone

THE DON
Hi Coowouters,

Just my opinion.

Sorry Chris - Think I mislead you,I was meaning how did you save a picture of your document file Folders - Thanks for the info on the external hard dives etc - I already do all that and save mine to 3TB external Hard Drives - with a back up - Always pays to have a backup of a backup.thumbs up

I opened a map/folder and used a "screen capture" software to capture that part. (just google it and you'll find plenty of them)

Chris from Belgium

Date: August 29, 2014 00:20

Ok many thanks again Chris.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 29, 2014 04:03

Movie marathon at coowouters' place! I'll bring the beer.

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: August 29, 2014 05:10

coowouters
Tonstone

THE DON
Hi Coowouters,

Just my opinion.

smart man, guess you got it all covered.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 30, 2014 18:28

My backup is Stonesvault for as far as uploaded to filefactory + some dvd are burned and saved to an external

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: August 30, 2014 19:52

It's very nicer to have the dvd's in your hand and silver pressed with nice colored dvd's than to have it on HDD.IMO.
tioms

Date: August 30, 2014 20:28

tioms
It's very nicer to have the dvd's in your hand and silver pressed with nice colored dvd's than to have it on HDD.IMO.
tioms

yes - but to a certain extend only IMO. I still like beautiful silvers but I really went back to my roots and I'm listening to vinyl with so much more fun that meanwhile I don't make a difference between CDs/DVDs/HDs anymore. It's all digital waste - no matter if on a CD or on an external drive winking smiley But that's me...

Date: August 30, 2014 20:29

henrik87

@silkcut1978: We wrote about some tapes from 2003 on EL some months ago. Can you maybe contact me please?

I'll be on EL tomorrow and PM you, ok?

Date: July 17, 2015 01:23

this is what I was talking about

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home