Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Palais Rehearsals?
Posted by: Chris D. ()
Date: June 13, 2005 00:18

People,

attended today a record convention near my hometown. As usual (at least in Italy) dutch guys with loads of DVD were there. I stopped buying that stuff a while ago, but use to always check titles ("if you're on a diet, you can still look at the menu"), to see if something new surfaces from the underground sea.

At a certain point, my hand picked up a double set DVD. Title: "Toronto Palais Royal 2002". I knew it's out in pro-shot, but I told to mysefl, why a double? I then looked at the setlist: 1) The Palais Royal show (and this is not a novelty); 2) CLUB SHOW REHEARSALS. Various songs were listed under this chapter. I never heard about their existance, would someone please shed some light? Are them pro-shot, are them really from the Palais?

Disc 2 featured "MTV Highlights", which was a generic title for all the press stuff (satellite feeds, etc...) we knew from this show, "DOCUMENTARY: THE STREETS OF TORONTO" (which we equally news) and, quoted as bonus, various tracks from the Vodoo Lounge 1994 club show. Regarding this one, I can't remember if a pro-shot is out there, or if it's a private.

Well, as you'll have understood, advice on this title heavily needed. Recommended, or the single DVD with just the palais is enough?

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Palais Rehearsals?
Posted by: marston ()
Date: June 13, 2005 05:16

IT's Dr. Exiles version and worth having!!!!!!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2005 07:51

for me disk two of that set was ... well, watching it one time was a lot.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 13, 2005 09:30

I have to admit I agree with "with sssoul." I certainly thought the rehearsals would be more exciting, yeah right, about as exciting as re-arranging furniture. Very Little music at all.

Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: June 16, 2005 12:47

Members,

I would like to get a copy of this 2 dvd set and I have a video list for a trade.

Your consideration and kindness is appreciated !

Mike

Posted by: MelodySway ()
Date: June 17, 2005 01:45

I thought this DVD was excellent! The chance to see the stones in rehearsal,laid-back and grooving through "Hot Stuff","Happy",a brilliant "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" etc..Wonderful!

The bonus from the RPM Club in 1994 is Pro-shot,segments of tracks and some interview footage.Highly recommend this DVD!

Posted by: marston ()
Date: June 17, 2005 06:07

if you still need it email me

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: June 17, 2005 16:57

Hi Greg,
i have send you a mail
Onlystones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home