Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Voodoo Lounge Tour Soundboards
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 22:45

Hi all on abit of a concert hunt wondering if anyone can recommend some great soundboards or excellent audience recordings from the VL tour

Thanks

Re: Voodoo Lounge Tour Soundboards
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 29, 2014 01:23

Rio
Buenos Aries
Oakland
Meadowlands
South Africa
New Orleans

All good

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: June 29, 2014 02:05

Tokyo also

Date: June 29, 2014 02:14

Yup Tokyo has great sound

Date: June 29, 2014 02:19

Miami and chile are also ok

Date: June 29, 2014 02:21

San Diego too, not sure if there are any more soundboards......some great audience recordings too

Date: June 29, 2014 02:21

Sparks Will Fly (KTS Label) is okay... not a full show (about 1 hour 13 minutes), audio taken from the full official New Jersey tour VHS audio.
Tokyo is good, too.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 29, 2014 03:04

Very "muddy" sound on these overall...but Miami, New Jersey, Tampa, Oakland and Tokyo (95) are the best. All are soundboards...skip the audience sh t.

Date: June 29, 2014 03:39

Voodoo cult is a hot mix

Date: June 29, 2014 08:12

shadooby
Very "muddy" sound on these overall...but Miami, New Jersey, Tampa, Oakland and Tokyo (95) are the best. All are soundboards...skip the audience sh t.

The Voodoo Lounge Tour does not have the best audience recordings but,the Syracuse '94 audience recording of "I Go Wild" from 'The Sun,The Moon,and the Stones' release is a must. It's one of the best versions of "I Go Wild" .... if not the best.

You heard ??

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:00

Brixton Academy (22 songs, including 4 official) hasn't been mentioned yet, as are the other Stripped sources L'Olympia (4 songs, all official) and Paradiso (5/26 2 songs, both official, and 5/27 6 songs, 3 official and 3 from the MTV Special).

There are also some circulating SBD tracks from Washington DC, and the VH1 Music awards.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 16:32 by blakeeik.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:05

Tampa is one of the last SB recordings that was released of this tour, last year. I think it's one of the best.
It almost sounds like you, as listner, are standing right next to Jagger, his voice is right up front in the sound. A realy great recording.

Also the sb of South Africa, Everything but the Cobra, is also an exellent stereo SB, all the others of this concert are in mono.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 30, 2014 03:09

Winning Ugly VXII
shadooby

The Voodoo Lounge Tour does not have the best audience recordings but,the Syracuse '94 audience recording of "I Go Wild" from 'The Sun,The Moon,and the Stones' release is a must. It's one of the best versions of "I Go Wild" .... if not the best.

You heard ??

All audience recordings s uck.

Date: June 30, 2014 07:40

shadooby
Winning Ugly VXII
shadooby

You heard ??

All audience recordings s uck.

No. Actually they don't all s uck . Some of them actually sound more realistic than soundboards. A good audience recording sounds more like actually being there.

Many soundboards are flat and / or missing one aspect or another. The vocals may be clear but,various instruments (such as guitars in some cases) may be too low in the mix.

The soundboards all are not of the quality of the '70's K.B.F.H. broadcasts .... not by far.

Compare some of the recent soundboard recordings to the Stuttgart audience recordings from 2006 and 1999. The Stuttgart audience recordings are MUCH better. There's another great one from one of the A.B.B. tour concerts in Spain. Marseille 2003. The Stockholm theater show from 2003 is yet another one.

It all depends on many variables , types of equipment etc. .

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 30, 2014 11:28

the best is Tokyo (Voodoo Edo is the Bootleg Name) and Brixton Academy ....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home