Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones iTunes singles and EPs
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:26

I got this idea to compile what looks like being a fairly short list of Stones singles and EPs that have been specially released on iTunes, but only stuff that hasn't been released on vinyl or CD. In other words, releases that have been exclusively iTunes with their own artwork. You'll hopefully see what I mean with this small list that I've identified so far:

Wild Horses EP - 12.11.09 (2009 remastered tracks, including studio and live versions plus the Knebworth video, also released the same day as a single without the video)

Undercover Of The Night (live) - 24.10.12 (the 4:11 track most likely from the Ruby Tuseday CD in the 1971-2006 box set)

Doom And Gloom (Jeff Bhasker mix) - 11.10.12 (stated by Nico Zentgraf on his site (12.9.12 post) to be a new name given to the original radio edit)

Doom And Gloom (Benny Benassi remix) - 9.11.12

Sweet Summer Sun (live) single or EP (you decide which it should be called) - 1.1.14 (the 12th day of iTunes' "12 days of gifts", comprising Beast Of Burden, Tumbling Dice, and Doom And Gloom, all live)

I don't include Plundered My Soul (13.4.10) because it was released on vinyl and CD. Likewise Five By Five EP and Got Live If You Want It! EP on iTunes because these of course were vinyl releases in the mid-1960s. Anybody got any others to add to this list in terms of my "rules for inclusion"? At this stage, I can't identify any others, so this list might be complete.

Re: Stones iTunes singles and EPs
Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:06

Missing i-tunes exclusive tunes:

it's all over now - Live from Paradiso 1995

(no link found)

i'm free remixes

[itunes.apple.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 27, 2014 13:19

Most of these releases are far from being exclusive to iTunes. They can be found on other online music retailers such as Google Play, Qobuz, 7digital, Amazon...

Could be added : All Down The Line - Alternate Take which was released as a stand alone track in 2010

Date: May 27, 2014 14:24

kowalski
Most of these releases are far from being exclusive to iTunes. They can be found on other online music retailers such as Google Play, Qobuz, 7digital, Amazon...

Could be added : All Down The Line - Alternate Take which was released as a stand alone track in 2010

Thanks for letting me know. It's a "sort of" iTunes singles and EPs list I thought of developing, with my own rough (very rough, I admit) "rules for inclusion". Turns out to be something that suits my own individual amusement, so I acknowledge some of the stuff is on other sites that you mention.

Interestingly, I also found your entry on 23.11.12 at [www.iorr.org]. I've added some of these under my personal "rules for inclusion", including your mention of All Down The Line. The She Said Yeah one is VERY interesting. The content isn't too difficult to find, including both the original and new advertisement clips.

Date: May 27, 2014 14:36

Now, does anybody know which version of Plundered My Soul was used for the iTunes single? There's an LP version and a radio mix, both almost the same length but with different audio. One difference is that the radio mix has Keef backing vocals right at the start, from the first verse.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 27, 2014 17:26

I think all download versions of Plundered My Soul single are the "radio mix". At least it's the case on Qobuz (even if it's not mentionned on song description) : [www.qobuz.com]

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 31, 2014 03:08

The itunes version of Live Licks Neighbors was a "longer" release but I have not heard it to know if the song itself or the audience cheering that makes it longer. If it's longer crowd noise like the Live Licks Sampler of Rocks Off, then it's useless.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 31, 2014 15:54

I believe there are releases in iTunes of Rolling Stones material that is a different mix than the other official releases of the same material. Any comment?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home