Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones 2010-2011 DSD Remasters Torrents
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 7, 2014 03:26

I haven't heard all of the 2010-2012 DSD (SHM-SACD) Remasters but what I've heard was great!

Love You Live

Dirty Work

Some Girls

Still Life

Re: Stones 2010-2011 DSD Remasters Torrents
Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 7, 2014 03:58

I have 21 of them...from Englands Newest Hitmakers to Dirty Work, I think that is all that are available? Every one of them have THE best sound I have ever heard on Stones recordings!smiling smiley

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 7, 2014 15:56

DSD Remasters or Bluray Audio¡? which better?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 7, 2014 16:41

I hope you're right about the sound on these. I have SF on Platinum SHM and it sounds like the regular Universal remasters, which are brick walled or over loaded. Listen to Wild Horses and there's a couple spots of distortion. I didn't hear that on the Virgin remaster. Anyone else notice this? Hope the SHM-SACD version sounds right. I received my copy yesterday in the mail. Haven't played it yet.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 7, 2014 17:03

This is one of we are talking about?

its better than this?

i´m looking for the best sound and best package (mini lp)

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 7, 2014 17:47

They've come out with Platinum SHM since the series shown above. I have VL in the same format. Very nice piece, but it's a Universal remaster I believe. Seems there has been many issues of the Japanese mini LP format. The latest SHM-SACD don't come in the LP sleeves, rather a fold-out style digi-pack without all the cool inserts and original label artwork. Maybe one day they'll combine everything and call it the end all CD?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 8, 2014 17:46

frankotero
I hope you're right about the sound on these. I have SF on Platinum SHM and it sounds like the regular Universal remasters, which are brick walled or over loaded. Listen to Wild Horses and there's a couple spots of distortion. I didn't hear that on the Virgin remaster. Anyone else notice this? Hope the SHM-SACD version sounds right. I received my copy yesterday in the mail. Haven't played it yet.

There are two different masterings available on Japanese SHM-CD. One is the regular 2009 Universal remaster, the other is from the 2011 DSD transfers. Sticky Fingers sounds just awful on the SHM-CD from the 2009 remaster but quite nice on the SHM-CD from the 2011 DSD transfers...

This is the version from the 2011 DSD transfer: [www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 10, 2014 19:53

hi exiles,<
can you up the others ......

thank you very much

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: May 10, 2014 20:44

Suppose I wanted to download these, on what kind of media can or should I burn them?

I had a look at the "Still Life" torrent and it's over 900 Mb....

Any suggestions?

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 20:50

coowouters
Suppose I wanted to download these, on what kind of media can or should I burn them?

Any suggestions?
DVDR

Date: May 10, 2014 21:05

Godxofxrock9
coowouters

Any suggestions?
DVDR
Thanks!

I never bothered about these remasters when they came out. Where they also on DVD or did they use special CD's?
Also, did/do you special equipment to listen to them in perfect quality?

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 21:32

coowouters
Godxofxrock9
coowouters

Any suggestions?
DVDR
Thanks!

I never bothered about these remasters when they came out. Where they also on DVD or did they use special CD's?
I don't know very much about them chris but you can read all about them here [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: May 10, 2014 21:41

Godxofxrock9
coowouters
Godxofxrock9
coowouters

Any suggestions?
DVDR
Thanks!

I don't know very much about them chris but you can read all about them here [en.wikipedia.org]
Thanks for the link! It doesn't really hail SACD as a real innovation, doesn't it grinning smiley
What's the use of having a range up to 50 KHz if the average young person's maximum range is 20 KHz (and for middle-aged adults between 8 and 15 KHz) (and yes, I know there are exceptions)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 11, 2014 11:55

also at demonoid Sweet summer sun audio Produced by Don Was, Remixed by Bob Clearmountain [www.demonoid.ph]

Date: May 11, 2014 16:51

Mr.D
I have 21 of them...from Englands Newest Hitmakers to Dirty Work, I think that is all that are available? Every one of them have THE best sound I have ever heard on Stones recordings!smiling smiley

Of course the best sound doesn't necessarily make it the ultimate version of that album, although I like what I hear! It all depends which mix you may like. What amazes me is how often the Stones albums are remastered and re-released.

I started to figure out how many mixes there are of each album (which masters do they use for each). Not only which masters are used for each album but then there are the singles which could be different!

I don't have it all figured out yet but I do have most of it. There are web sites that say exactly which masters that were used and then there are markers, little hints of something special to a particular song such as the static during the cow bell in Honky Tonk Woman on many releases of the song.

Universal Music is one great source Universal Music Web Site Link .

Here is an example Emotional Rescue 2009 Remaster Link

LINK

The 2013-2014 UM "14 ON FIRE" SHM-CD Series have catalog numbers in the UICY-76000's. It's always strange to hear a different mix of a song/album that I know very well!

The "14 On Fire" series are all SHM-CDs. 14 stands for the year released not how many SHM-CDs. This SHM-Cds were released to coinside with the 2014 "ON FIRE 14 JAPAN TOUR" a.k.a. "The Rolling Stones visit to Japan commemoration campaign!".

"Japanese original reissue from The Rolling Stones features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format (compatible with standard CD players). Includes a sticker of "14 ON FIRE TOUR." Available only for a limited time until May 20, 2014. Part of 21-album The Rolling Stones reissue series features the albums "Exile On Main St.," "Flashpoint," "Stripped," "Shine A Light Original Soundtrack," "Emotional Rescue," "Love You Live," "Tattoo You," "Goats Head Soup," "Undercover," "Jump Back: The Best Of The Rolling Stones," "Dirty Work," "Black And Blue," "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll," "Live Licks," "Some Girls," "Still Life (American Concert 1981)," "Bridges To Babylon," "Sticky Fingers," "A Bigger Bang," "Voodoo Lounge," and "Steel Wheels.""

Also, of course the obi strip indicates which series.

LINK

The 2011 DSD Remasters which started this thread are SHM-CDs and are cataloged with UICY-4000s. They include a paper sleeve (cardboard) and are mini LPs.

On the exact same dates there was also the Platinum SHM-CDs (not to be confused with the SHM-CDs which are not Platinum). The non-platinum SHM-CDs are cataloged in the UICY-76000 series.

2013's It's Only Rock and Roll platinum SHM-CD UICY-40031

For example, the very best version of "It's Only Rock and Roll" album to ever be released was released as a platinum SHM-CD UICY-40031 and as a SHM-CD UICY-76017 (not platinum). This two IORRs were released on December 18, 2013.

Please don't confuse "It's Only Rock and Roll" UIGY-9069 from the SHM SA-CD UIGY-9000 series released on June 22, 2011.

There is also the UICY-94000 CD series from 2010 which also included "It's Only Rock and Roll."

Then we have the 2009 Cd series UICY-6000's.

2010 It's Only Rock and Roll" mini LP SHM-CD UICY-94574

It's Only Rock and Roll 2005 TOCP series

If this is a little confusing, well at least you have a guide and you now know (Agreed by everyone) which is the best It's Only Rock and Roll! There's more It's Only Rock and Rolls out there. Which masters were used on which release? Then there's the ABKCO which don't have as many.

The best sound isn't always the best version/mix.

Sticky Fingers....there's even more than any other album I believe. You can spend the rest of your life comparing all of the Rolling Stones album releases! Download them all!

Date: May 11, 2014 16:54

mariano
hi exiles,<
can you up the others ......

thank you very much

I didn't up those torrents. What are you looking for? try here: [www.hdmusic.me]

Date: May 11, 2014 17:08

coowouters

Any suggestions?

Media? You may have to loose some quality if you want it to fit on some media. I use Micro-SD cards. Get a Samsung phone that plays flac or try this LINK for Hi-Res Audio.

(sent by StonesKid)

Date: May 11, 2014 17:14

coowouters
Godxofxrock9
coowouters

Any suggestions?
DVDR
Thanks!

I've never seen rolling Stones music on DVD Audio however Grrr! was released on Blu Ray Audio.

Perfect quality...hmmmm...Well, how good is your equipment? That conversation could go on forever!

I use VLC for my computer and have a really nice professional grade head phones. You also need HD codecs for the best sound, especially SACDs (or SACD rips) and for the HD Tracks. I'm no expert in codecs a I had to figure out all of that stuff but can't remember now.

Get a Samsung phone, micro-SD cards and you can have all of the high quality Rolling Stones music and video you want to bring anywhere, to plug in to your car, home computer or home entertainment system.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home