Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: St. Louis 81, HOPE this works
Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 12:57

falo01
adrianmfa2
We assume that all 1981 shows will be on WV web some day?

well I doubt it and this one isn`t from WV too.

classic IORR upload btw, lossy CD rip who's poisoning the pool and nobody cares.

Someday we will get the lossless ome, i hope.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 15, 2013 13:13

m4a is lossy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-15 13:17 by dcba.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 14:14

dcba
m4a is lossy?

233 MB download size is definetly lossy

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: December 15, 2013 14:33

dcba
m4a is lossy?
[en.wikipedia.org]
.m4a COULD BE lossless, but as falo points out, size is too small for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-15 14:35 by blakeeik.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: December 15, 2013 14:46

falo01
adrianmfa2
We assume that all 1981 shows will be on WV web some day?

well I doubt it and this one isn`t from WV too.

classic IORR upload btw, lossy CD rip who's poisoning the pool and nobody cares.
And YOUR WELCOME Falo. Didn't realize I POISONED THE POOL. Just delete my upload and buy the damn cd like I did. merry Christmas...

Date: December 15, 2013 14:58

DrPete,

No reason to be defensive. We all appreciate your willingness to share. But long standing etiquette for sharing is to do so in lossless format. FLAC is preferred, but others will do (wav, AppleLossess) if you cannot do FLAC. The problem with mpeg formats is that they can never be as good as the originals. Don't be upset with Falo or others - they are just trying to keep the standards. Too many new sharers do not understand this at first. And Falo shares too much of his own stuff to be unappreciated.

Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: December 15, 2013 15:08

Thanks for sharing DrPete thumbs up

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: December 15, 2013 15:10

Well I'm not an uploader and don't know crap about computers and don't know how to upload in flac. Was actually quite stressed just trying to get THIS show up and don't appreciate being accused of poisoning anything. VERY dramatic overstatement. Anyway enjoy and if its Shiite, then delete until someone else can put up a better version

Date: December 15, 2013 15:41

DrPete
Well I'm not an uploader and don't know crap about computers and don't know how to upload in flac. Was actually quite stressed just trying to get THIS show up and don't appreciate being accused of poisoning anything. VERY dramatic overstatement. Anyway enjoy and if its Shiite, then delete until someone else can put up a better version

If iTunes is your software of choice, here is how to make it LOSSLESS:

Edit > Preferences > General > Import Settings > Import Using > Apple Lossless Encoder

iTunes is not the best audio ripper, however. EAC provides much better error handling capability, but if it is all you got, it is better than the mp3 option.

Date: December 15, 2013 15:42

DrPete
Was actually quite stressed just trying to get THIS show up

Don't worry, be happy. No reason to stress at all.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 15, 2013 16:47

Thanks for your generosity and efforts in sharing this brand new bootleg with us DrPete!!! >grinning smiley<
Maybe you have the will someday to try rip the cds again to wav or flac files, without any doubt we will be very thankful to you. thumbs up

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: December 15, 2013 19:28

Thanks Pete!!
Chris

Posted by: Ebling ()
Date: December 15, 2013 21:58

Thank you for St Louis '81!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 15, 2013 22:07

DrPete

Hi Dr Pete, I think, reading between the lines the problem has been this, most Silver discs such as the one you've just bought come as WAV files or Flac. I'm guessing that as you've uploaded in M4a that maybe Falo thinks you might have deliberately have degraded the originals from Flac/WAV to M4a. And so...........
It may be that the audio ripper you have used has a default setting of M4a for the output file and so converted the Flacs/WAVs on your originals without you knowing it.
If you let us know what the name of the program is that you used to 'rip' the audio then (if not for immediate use) someone may be able to guide through 'ripping' without loss of quality for the future. I use Nero 6 Ultra so could help you if you also use this.

MP3s and M4as tend to have a pinched sound compared to Flac/WAV full sound. One way to hear the difference would be to listen to your original and then D/L your M4a St. Louis upload, burn a CDRW (so not to waste a disc) and compare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 02:56 by EddieByword.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 15, 2013 23:09

Sorry, another amateur question...is there a free unzip tool??

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 23:15

kovach
Sorry, another amateur question...is there a free unzip tool??
Try 7zip

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: December 16, 2013 00:22

M4a is a bigger file like wma

I make one in Full Sound File in flac (stereo) ?
in released CD Quality

I would offer it to hir if it is ok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 03:36 by rskinno.

Date: December 16, 2013 03:55

First, Dr. Pete, thank you for your efforts! This is like the holy grail of concert recordings for me being my first Stones show ever.

Secondly, Godxofxrock9, thanks for the 7 Zip recommendation.

And lastly, Rskinno, no reason you can't share that!!!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: December 16, 2013 11:57

Hey DR Pete,

No reason to be upset! We all had to learn this FLAC, Wetransfer, ripping and so on.

Now we're so used to it that we expect other people to have the same knowledge as we have, which is of course totally wrong.

I for one enjoyed your upload and after 60,70,.... Stones concerts, my hearing is ruined anyway, so I don't hear the difference anymore, LOL!

So thanks again for this great show and the effort you made to make it available to us!!!

Chris from Belgium

Date: December 16, 2013 15:54

coowouters
Hey DR Pete,

No reason to be upset! We all had to learn this FLAC, Wetransfer, ripping and so on.

Now we're so used to it that we expect other people to have the same knowledge as we have, which is of course totally wrong.

I for one enjoyed your upload and after 60,70,.... Stones concerts, my hearing is ruined anyway, so I don't hear the difference anymore, LOL!

So thanks again for this great show and the effort you made to make it available to us!!!

And I apparently am still learning as I had to ask about 7zip earlier! Downloaded maybe a couple dozen things, have yet to figure out the upload yet either but I know folks here will help when I have something of interest to share.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 16, 2013 18:18

Thanx for the upload Dr. Pete. The waveform doesn't look very lossy by the way. The sound is good and similar to most of the '81 mono soundboards.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 16, 2013 22:21

- - -

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-21 10:58 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 4, 2014 03:32

Could some kind soul re-upload this, I've had a long Xmas break & missed this completely, with thanks in advance

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 21, 2015 11:15

In case this is strill wanted;
Here is a stonesvault link

[www.filefactory.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home