Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brixton Academy No Label version more complete
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: October 25, 2013 03:50

Just read on the CMR website that the Brixton show has been released by the No Name bootleg label has the band introductions before "Connection" that are missing from the Rattlesnake label. Strange that the Rattlesnake label is incomplete and a week later another label releases a more complete version.

[www.giginjapan.com]

Re: Brixton Academy No Label version more complete
Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 07:56

Not that strange if the band intro comes from the audience recording.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: October 25, 2013 08:56

I had discussed with a friend if it might have been flown in. I'm just not willing to buy it to find out.

Posted by: tomcat 6 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 09:39

Of course it will be a copy of the Rattlesnake title, do you think that the producers of this new title would have sat on the Brixton tape for all these years and then suddenly decide to put it out two weeks after the Rattlesnake version. I'll bet my salary that the introductions are from the Aud tape and if they had been sitting on it for years they surely would have corrected the channel anomaly.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 25, 2013 11:15

tomcat 6
Of course it will be a copy of the Rattlesnake title, do you think that the producers of this new title would have sat on the Brixton tape for all these years and then suddenly decide to put it out two weeks after the Rattlesnake version. I'll bet my salary that the introductions are from the Aud tape and if they had been sitting on it for years they surely would have corrected the channel anomaly.

It's not uncommon for bootleggers to release a tape in various vesions just to earn more money. If you have a good stereo soundboard you can release it first in mono, then incomplete in stereo and then complete, and then remastered. It maximises the profit.

Mathijs

Date: October 25, 2013 12:30

I'm not saying that bootleggers won't issue several versions of the same tape but the question is..........is this new title a copy of the Rattlesnake disc with the itroductions brought in from an Aud tape or is it a more complete Sbd source .

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 25, 2013 13:14

I'm expecting the silver in a couple of days, will let you know about the introductions

Date: October 25, 2013 14:18

My first thought was the intros were either from the audience tape or another night.

Or as Mathijs stated the owner of the tape maximizing his return by selling two different versions. But it did seem strange the no name label would wait for RS to release their version before they cashed in so the audience tape option makes the most sense.

Look forward to what Erik finds out.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 25, 2013 16:50

riccardo99
Not that strange if the band intro comes from the audience recording.

Bingo

Date: October 25, 2013 17:48

Just had an e mail from a friend in Japan....this new title is from the Rattlesnake source the channels have been corrected and the introductions are from an Aud recording. It also sold out in one hour....but I'm sure Erik will upload a copy from his disc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-25 17:54 by tomcat 6.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 25, 2013 18:07

and isn't it amazing that the "channel correction" was recently done and shared on a torrent site? hmmmmmm?

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: October 25, 2013 18:32

scottkeef
and isn't it amazing that the "channel correction" was recently done and shared on a torrent site? hmmmmmm?

That might well be but they "could" have done the channel correction themselves quite easy. It's no big deal to do even with a cheap audio editing software.

Date: October 25, 2013 23:21

Have the Rattlesnake on orderbut may have to order this for the channel correction as that is one thing that bugs me about the RS release. Yeah I know it is anal but it does bug me.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 25, 2013 23:30

henrik87
scottkeef

That might well be but they "could" have done the channel correction themselves quite easy. It's no big deal to do even with a cheap audio editing software.

that would take too much effort...and they probably would have never thought of it themselves...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-25 23:31 by scottkeef.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: October 26, 2013 00:20

take the praise, henrik ;-)

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 26, 2013 19:25

I have uploaded a channel-corrected version:

[www.iorr.org]

scroll down a bit!

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: October 28, 2013 00:12

really like the recording but dont understand why Rattlesnake didnot " remastered " the recording themselves , they arenot amateurs are they , and so hard wouldnot it be

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 28, 2013 21:49

Thanks Rank

Posted by: gilles ()
Date: October 29, 2013 00:49

i still have ON HAND a few copies of the original silver pressed Rattle Snake 2CD

price = 32 euro + postage
postage for France = 1,05 euro
postage for European Union/Swiss = 1,80 euro
postage for the rest of the wold = 2,35 euro

IF interested in,
pliz email pv at: megad78@aol.com

tomcat 6

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 6, 2013 22:05

Erik_Snow
I'm expecting the silver in a couple of days, will let you know about the introductions

A couple of days has passed now...and yes, the band introductions comes from the audience source, as expected

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-07 00:35 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 7, 2013 03:01

Erik_Snow
Erik_Snow

A couple of days has passed now...and yes, the band introductions comes from the audience source, as expected

Did they also swap the channels?

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 7, 2013 19:34

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-10 18:34 by midnrambler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home