Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

any US help for PAL dvd playing problem: a godfather 1CD asreward
Posted by: gilles ()
Date: October 4, 2013 21:33

oh lord

i fell on a hassling US girl who sent me 20 mails before finishing our deal & now she got her oasis dvd, she has a PAL playing problem
is there a US geek or technically easy to explain her how she can solve this?
(unfortunately she bought Apocalypse sound DVD #2 at the very beginning when all the Apocalypse DVD's were not ALL NTSC transcoded, but the DVD is code free (0))

i will reward with one godfather 1CD if the problem is solved

thx

G

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 21:39 by gilles.

Re: any US help for PAL dvd playing problem: a godfather 1CD asreward
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: October 4, 2013 23:23

ifoedit link [www.ifoedit.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 23:28 by Godxofxrock9.

Date: October 4, 2013 23:26

Godxofxrock9
Here is a method i use first you need to put the files on the computer then go in to ifoedit

Then Open the Video_Vts File From The Folder then you will see this now this method works both ways i used ntsc in this one

and then click were it says ntsc twice then you should see this

then convert it to what ever you want and then when you are done and want to save it this is what it will say

that's my method it has worked every time in converting pal to ntsc

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:10

i just use avs4you to convert everything works fine

Date: October 5, 2013 03:26

rovalle
i just use avs4you to convert everything works fine
You Don't Lose Video Quality With ifoedit

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: October 5, 2013 03:37

i'm 63...hearing and vision shot so it don't bother me grinning smiley ...never have noticed the diff...

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: October 5, 2013 11:29

Godxofxrock9
Godxofxrock9
Here is a method i use first you need to put the files on the computer then go in to ifoedit

Then Open the Video_Vts File From The Folder then you will see this now this method works both ways i used ntsc in this one

and then click were it says ntsc twice then you should see this

then convert it to what ever you want and then when you are done and want to save it this is what it will say

that's my method it has worked every time in converting pal to ntsc

Hi Godxofxrock9
After trying your method several times it still doesn't work.
I tried your method with IFO Edit by saving PAL converted to NTSC successfully.
However when i test the converted dvd with GSpot it still says that it's PAL format.

If i go back to IFO edit and recheck the file it shows that the conversion was done successfully.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: October 5, 2013 11:39

It is still PAL, all ifoedit is doing is changing the .ifo file.
It's more like a header really, so it tells the player that it is NTSC but the video is still PAL because no actual conversion has been done.

Posted by: happystoned ()
Date: October 5, 2013 12:12

Say to her if she thought that all bootlegs are NTSC coded she's moron winking smiley. It's her problem, not yours, friend smiling smiley.

Date: October 5, 2013 12:31

JimmyShelter
It's more like a header really, so it tells the player that it is NTSC but the video is still PAL because no actual conversion has been done.

Thanks JimmyShelter, makes sense.

By the way i don't like to convert from PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAl because i don't believe it keeps the quality good.

The reason i tried it was to see if it really worked and for a learning experience.

Posted by: tomcat 6 ()
Date: October 5, 2013 12:39

Tell her to buy the cheapest DVD player she can.........they usually play everything and don't care about the video format. People get confused over the PAL/NTSC issue.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: October 5, 2013 15:22

tomcat 6
Tell her to buy the cheapest DVD player she can.........they usually play everything and don't care about the video format. People get confused over the PAL/NTSC issue.

Do you mean there are still DVD (or BR) players manufactured that can only play NTSC?????? grinning smiley

Chris from Belgium

Date: October 5, 2013 16:15

coowouters
tomcat 6

Do you mean there are still DVD (or BR) players manufactured that can only play NTSC?????? grinning smiley

I've come across this a few times recently, like you I assumed that ALL players played both nowadays.
But we are in Europe, it seems that US players assume that everybody uses NTSC.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 5, 2013 16:22

Hey...we're the US...we assume a boatload of things...

Date: October 5, 2013 16:47

Munichhilton
Hey...we're the US...we assume a boatload of things...

I didn't like to say too much smiling smiley

Date: October 5, 2013 20:01

THE DON
JimmyShelter

Thanks JimmyShelter, makes sense.

By the way i don't like to convert from PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAl because i don't believe it keeps the quality good.

The reason i tried it was to see if it really worked and for a learning experience.

Forgot to mention that this method you use to change PAL to NTSC or vice-versa is ok because like you said you are not converting the whole movie and therefor if you really have no choice for watching it this is best way.

Can come handy at times and for others who i may advice.

So thanks JimmyShelter once again.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 5, 2013 23:02

This is useful for me, as my old Sony dvd player (DVP-DS575P) only plays NTSC dvds.

Date: October 6, 2013 01:24

Quique-stone
This is useful for me, as my old Sony dvd player (DVP-DS575P) only plays NTSC dvds.

Hi Quique Stone.

I just wanted to let you know that indeed this method JimmyShelter mentioned works fine as i have tested it with my DVD player and worked fine.

And no quality lost.

Date: October 6, 2013 01:45

THE DON
Quique-stone

Hi Quique Stone.

I just wanted to let you know that indeed this method JimmyShelter mentioned works fine as i have tested it with my DVD player and worked fine.

And no quality lost.
So the method i put on here worked for you?

Date: October 6, 2013 03:29

Godxofxrock9
THE DON
Quique-stone

Hi Quique Stone.

And no quality lost.

Yes Godxofxrock9, your method worked well and thanks.
Sorry for the confusion i should have thanked you for the method and JimmyShelter for the extra info that the movie is not really converted but the ifo is edited.

Date: October 6, 2013 03:55

THE DON
Godxofxrock9
THE DON
Quique-stone

Hi Quique Stone.

And no quality lost.

Yes Godxofxrock9, your method worked well and thanks.
Sorry for the confusion i should have thanked you for the method and JimmyShelter for the extra info that the movie is not really converted but the ifo is edited.
No problem its the best way to do it you don't lose any of quality of the video but can still play it on anything

Date: October 30, 2013 20:04

sorry, but this girl NEVER wanted to understand anything & turned me back the dvd (i got recently) with all the care i asked her (as i shipped it) & it costed her $25.70 ...paid on the padded letter...(registered+maybe receipt proof?)

i can't fight against these closed doors of unperception...or maybe there is something i did not understand: she is handicapped & do not want to bother herself with technical problems...
anyway it was even better to resell it there or she works at USPS?

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: October 30, 2013 20:27

gilles
sorry, but this girl NEVER wanted to understand anything & turned me back the dvd (i got recently) with all the care i asked her (as i shipped it) & it costed her $25.70 ...paid on the padded letter...(registered+maybe receipt proof?)

i can't fight against these closed doors of unperception...or maybe there is something i did not understand: she is handicapped & do not want to bother herself with technical problems...

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

Chris from Belgium

Date: November 4, 2013 13:13

ok thx a lot;
i just forwarded her tese links (for the future...)

coowouters
gilles

[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home