Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hold on tight 75
Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 21, 2013 10:50

yes they are from the same taper smiling smiley maybe i´m confusing herespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 21, 2013 10:52

marko
yes they are from the same taper smiling smiley maybe i´m confusing herespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yes you are, Marko,
They're from the same taper. BTW, lower generation tapes of that show (from the same taper) has been torrented, better quality than the vinyls.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: September 22, 2013 19:26

Erik_Snow
daytime
Erik_Snow
mickcawber
But if anyone has that No Label CD referred to by Mrs Hop PLEASE do upload it.

I have it; and uploaded it to Hungercity some time ago.....the torrent is still active

But, what MrsHop did not mention is that both the no-label and the DAC are taken from a torrent kindly shared by TornAndFrayed which is a member here on IORR; which was a vinyl-rip of the Hold On Tight 3LP.
DAC didn't "copy" the no-label.....maybe just a detail, but...

The no-label and the DAC is only mixed/EQd differently

When it comes to VGP-255 "Hold On Tight"....it's a different recording than the vinyl with the same title. VGP-255 (w/ the screaming girls) is taken from same source as the vinyls "Preserve For Future" and "Discover New York"
It's not as great sounding or as "up-close" as the "real" Hold On Tight.....but it has more mood, as the audience are so lively....and there's a great atmosphere. ...I wouldn't do without neither of the 2 sources, but there's no doubt that the "original" Hold On Tight is the best sounding one.

The ultimate version is Falo's matrix, which he made from both these EX recordings

What did Falo do with these 2 different recordings,did he remaster? Is there artwork?

He "matrixed" them, meaning that both sources are to be used at the same time.
Captain Acid "remastered" them, afterwards

Hi Stones fanatics,

here it is Acid Project Vol 15, Live At MSG June 27th `75.

First of all i would like to thank Falo for initiating the work on this one. This is an amazing concert and i have never listened to it with much attention, until now.
Falo has matrixed vinyl rips of "Discover New York", "Preserve For Future", low gen tape source with vinyl rip of "Hold On Tight".
I did the usual : Azimuth misalignment, pitch, level correction and EQ !
I have also made flac files, fixed SBE errors, made checksum files with TLH.
Mr. D, has produced yet another amazing artwork and made a logo for Falo !

So is Falo's cds, the sound more crisp and clear than Hold on tight? Just want to
find this out and see if I want it or not. Any back cover art?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-22 19:28 by daytime.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 22, 2013 19:34

Falo is hands down the best

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 22, 2013 20:14

Shelter is offered for free : grinning smiley
[www.partage-facile.com]

(click on "normal" then click on the green button)

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: September 22, 2013 20:52

Godxofxrock9
Falo is hands down the best

Thanks for info. I'll get it.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 24, 2013 11:27

Erik_Snow
daytime
Erik_Snow
mickcawber
But if anyone has that No Label CD referred to by Mrs Hop PLEASE do upload it.

I have it; and uploaded it to Hungercity some time ago.....the torrent is still active

But, what MrsHop did not mention is that both the no-label and the DAC are taken from a torrent kindly shared by TornAndFrayed which is a member here on IORR; which was a vinyl-rip of the Hold On Tight 3LP.
DAC didn't "copy" the no-label.....maybe just a detail, but...

The no-label and the DAC is only mixed/EQd differently

When it comes to VGP-255 "Hold On Tight"....it's a different recording than the vinyl with the same title. VGP-255 (w/ the screaming girls) is taken from same source as the vinyls "Preserve For Future" and "Discover New York"
It's not as great sounding or as "up-close" as the "real" Hold On Tight.....but it has more mood, as the audience are so lively....and there's a great atmosphere. ...I wouldn't do without neither of the 2 sources, but there's no doubt that the "original" Hold On Tight is the best sounding one.

The ultimate version is Falo's matrix, which he made from both these EX recordings

What did Falo do with these 2 different recordings,did he remaster? Is there artwork?

He "matrixed" them, meaning that both sources are to be used at the same time.
Captain Acid "remastered" them, afterwards

Hi Stones fanatics,

here it is Acid Project Vol 15, Live At MSG June 27th `75.

First of all i would like to thank Falo for initiating the work on this one. This is an amazing concert and i have never listened to it with much attention, until now.
Falo has matrixed vinyl rips of "Discover New York", "Preserve For Future", low gen tape source with vinyl rip of "Hold On Tight".
I did the usual : Azimuth misalignment, pitch, level correction and EQ !
I have also made flac files, fixed SBE errors, made checksum files with TLH.
Mr. D, has produced yet another amazing artwork and made a logo for Falo !

Erik, is this Falo Matrix / CaptainAcid work still available somewhere?

Mathijs

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 24, 2013 15:00

its now on dime

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 24, 2013 20:28

Anybody got a link for this on wetransfer?

Many thanks

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 24, 2013 20:34

barbabang
Anybody got a link for this on wetransfer?

Many thanks
Yeah in my post [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 24, 2013 20:52

Thank you!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 24, 2013 20:57

dcba
Shelter is offered for free : grinning smiley
[www.partage-facile.com]

(click on "normal" then click on the green button)

Still, the band & Mick sound like s h i t e. & don't flame me, kids. I know a good show from a bad one & I do not believe they descend from the clouds. Esp. this sad excuse of an abortion for a show. They should've been ashamed of themselves for cheating 20K paying audience members out of a decent performance in favour of another night of coke & jack. I feel blessed to have seen the Seattle show instead of this muck.

OK - flame away - I'm so scared!!!! drinking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 25, 2013 14:40

No I agree... hadn't this show been taped by two teams of skilled tapers it would have fallen into oblivion.
Imo the most remarkable thing about this gig is Jagger's spectacular black outfit.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home