Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ROLLING STONES LIVE AT HIDEPARK BOOTLEG LP
Posted by: pep ()
Date: September 7, 2013 20:27

Hello,
According Das Schwarzbuch, this is a VERY RARE LP, I think it was released in japan, do not knwo the year.
ROLLING STONES: “Live At Hidepark” OG-504

But does anybody knows how many copies exists?

Myabe somebody have this record and explain when/where it was bought, year of reléase, copies, value, etc?

Thanks

fortylicks

Re: ROLLING STONES LIVE AT HIDEPARK BOOTLEG LP
Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: September 8, 2013 00:05

Japases bootleg, very rare.
I can't tell you the year of release, because I bought it as a second-hand LP to a japanese seller.
The music is taken from the Granada VHS. I guesss it was released mid 70's.

edit : released mid 80's of course, not mid 70's ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-09 11:51 by LiveAtHidepark.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: September 8, 2013 20:56

I would love to find a copy of the "Comeback to England" LP which, I believe, was released by the same bootleg label.

Posted by: makim ()
Date: September 8, 2013 23:55

This is the LP cover (not the CD as pictured above):

Comeback To England OG 787, rare Japanese LP on the same label as Live At Hidepark OG 504

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-09 00:01 by makim.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: September 9, 2013 01:55

Wow, makim, the difference between the cover I posted and the cover you posted is so ... slight.

However, the "Comeback" LP I have seen is like neither. It just states, "COMEBACK TO ENGLAND" on a plain white background.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 9, 2013 16:13

Thanks for the artworks,
Now I only need the audio the get this completed.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 9, 2013 19:11

That Comeback To England LP could be an interesting gem. Possibly better sound than the cd release.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: September 11, 2013 13:56

Dieter Hoffman's Schwarzbuch mentions this 'Live At Hidepark' LP as being 'very rare' and estimates it's value is 275,- DM. If it contains the audio from the common Granada video I can't imagine it being worth anything near that estimate, since there are better, more complete sources of the '69 Hyde Park show available.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: dph ()
Date: September 14, 2013 00:23

I was able to obtain a CDR copy of the "Comeback to England" LP years ago. It was just ok quality, from the same recordings available on CDs at the time, possibly "Come Back London." I can't be sure now because I threw out the CDR after comparing.

"Live at Hidepark" I've never heard but agree that its value is only due to its rarity, not its audio content.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-17 02:30 by dph.

Date: September 14, 2013 02:00

dph
I was able to obtain a CDR copy of the "Comeback to England" LP years ago. It was just ok quality, from the same recordings available on CDs at the time, possibly "Come Back London." I can't be sure now because I threw the CDR after comparing.

"Live at Hidepark" I've never heard but agree that its value is only due to its rarity, not its audio content.

Thanks for your input dph. It doesn't completely rule out the possibility that the vinyl is actually better than the circulating CD-bootleg. I would love to hear a decent, unaltered transfer of the LP. So if anybody has a copy lurking in the attic....

Speaking of Hidepark... Does anyone have a copy of the complete radiobroadcast that provided the material for the better Hydepark bootlegs? I have made a compilation of the tracks and interviews that have surfaced but it seems to be incomplete and gives no clue as to when or where it was broadcasted.

www.rsundercover.eu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-15 14:34 by Britney.

Posted by: makim ()
Date: September 15, 2013 17:42

MILKYWAY
Wow, makim, the difference between the cover I posted and the cover you posted is so ... slight.

However, the "Comeback" LP I have seen is like neither. It just states, "COMEBACK TO ENGLAND" on a plain white background.

The difference is indeed slight, I just wanted to show the "real" LP cover. I have seen it 5 or 6 times in the last 30 years and it always had the insert shown, so the "plain white background" LP might be one with missing insert?

Both OG LPs are mid 70s releases (as other OG LPs). The OG label released about 35 - 40 LPs which are very sought after.

This is a list I had compiled, please send additions or corrections:

Offshore 732 YARDBIRDS - LIVE!FEATURING JIMMY PAGE
OG-504 ROLLING STONES - LIVE AT HIDEPARK
OG-506 BEATLES - AT WHISKY-FLAT
OG-545 BEATLES - LIVE IN TOKYO
OG-545 THE BEATLES - LIVE IN JAPAN
OG-569 BEATLES - LIVE IN TOKYO
OG-593 BEATLES - HOT AS THE SUN/
OG-595 BEATLES - SOME LIKE IT HOT
OG-596 BEATLES - DAWN OF OUR INNOCENCE
OG-600 BEATLES - DAY AFTER & DAY BEFORE
OG-606 BEATLES - DAY AFTER & DAY BEFORE
OG-614 BEATLES - HOT AS THE SUN/
OG-630 ELP - 21st Century Schizoid Rock
OG-640 BEATLES - LIVE IN TOKYO
OG-660 LED ZEPPELIN - IN CONCERT
OG-692 YES - LIVE IN EUROPE
OG-718 BEATLES - LIVE AT SHEA STADIUM
OG-719/720 PINK FLOYD - PINK FLOYD (copy of European "Spreadleg" cover)
OG-722 YES - WHITE YES ALBUM
OG-723 SANTANA - LIVE AT ROTTERDOM
OG-733 BEATLES - LIVE IN TOKYO
OG-751 DEEP PURPLE - BACK TO THE ROCK
OG-787 ROLLING STONES - COMEBACK TO ENGLAND VOL.1
OG-798/799 LED ZEPPELIN - LIVE IN JAPAN 1971
OG-802 BEATLES - LIVE AT SHEA STADIUM / OF-730
OG-812 YES LIVE IN JAPAN
OG-813 BEATLES - SOME LIKE IT HOT
OG-824/825 ERIC CLAPTON - ON TOUR '74
OG-859 LIVE 1975 MARCH
OG-860 QUEEN - A BEAUTIFUL ALBUM
OG-879 BECK BOGERT & APPICE - BECK LIVE IN JAPAN

Other LPs where I have no numbers / pics are Pink Floyd - Watergate, Silverhead - In Japan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-15 18:34 by makim.

Date: September 17, 2013 02:37

Britney
dph
I was able to obtain a CDR copy of the "Comeback to England" LP years ago. It was just ok quality, from the same recordings available on CDs at the time, possibly "Come Back London." I can't be sure now because I threw out the CDR after comparing.

Thanks for your input dph. It doesn't completely rule out the possibility that the vinyl is actually better than the circulating CD-bootleg. I would love to hear a decent, unaltered transfer of the LP. So if anybody has a copy lurking in the attic....

Speaking of Hidepark... Does anyone have a copy of the complete radiobroadcast that provided the material for the better Hydepark bootlegs? I have made a compilation of the tracks and interviews that have surfaced but it seems to be incomplete and gives no clue as to when or where it was broadcasted.

Trust me, the "Hidepark" LP isn't worth tracking down for its recording quality.

I assembled a compilation of Hyde Park 1969 from various sources including the radio broadcast. I had a CDR of the broadcast but threw it out after finishing. It was from the 1979 tenth anniversary broadcast of the soundboard tape plus interviews, by WLIR FM, Long Island, New York (near New York City). The interviews are with Jo Bergman (pretty sure) and a guy I don't recognize, possibly with Granada TV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-17 02:38 by dph.

Date: September 17, 2013 03:19

dph
Britney
dph

Trust me, the "Hidepark" LP isn't worth tracking down for its recording quality.

I assembled a compilation of Hyde Park 1969 from various sources including the radio broadcast. I had a CDR of the broadcast but threw it out after finishing. It was from the 1979 tenth anniversary broadcast of the soundboard tape plus interviews, by WLIR FM, Long Island, New York (near New York City). The interviews are with Jo Bergman (pretty sure) and a guy I don't recognize, possibly with Granada TV.

I share your conclusions regarding the Hidepark bootleg, but I was talking about the Comeback To London LP that possibly could be slightly better than tapes/CD-bootlegs.

The assembly I made of Hydepark radiotracks probably belongs to the radiobroadcast you describe. It is about 1 hour and 15 minutes long. It has no content identifying the radiostation and is most probably missing some interviews/deejay talk. The woman interviewed is indeed Jo Bergman. Could it be a better tape of the Hydeparkshow is gathering dust in the WLIR archives?

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: September 19, 2013 03:12

Sorry, I meant to say that years ago I did compare the CDR of the "Comeback to England" OG LP against the "Come Back London" CD on the Alley Cat label and they were basically the same quality. The LP was also a bad pressing.

It's odd how both are a combination of 9/8/73 2nd show and 9/9/73.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1271
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home