Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

[MfG-43] 750711 Los Angeles - some help please
Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: September 1, 2013 02:28

I recently downloaded [MfG-43] 750711 Los Angeles from file factory using all the links posted on this site - all 8 of them. When I came to extract the zip files, all went well except for the fact that I got the following error message:

"[MfG-43] 750711 Los Angeles.part03.rar: CRC failed in [MfG-43] 750711 Los Angeles\Disc 1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB. The file is corrupt"

I am not exactly sure what this means but the outcome was that I had no VTS_01_4.VOB file and could not therefore burn disc 1 out of the 4 disc set. Just wondered if anyone else has had that problem? I downloaded the paer.03 file a few times but it always gave me the same result.

I am therefore desparate to get hold of disc 1 from this set. Could someone who still has all the files on their hard drive send me a copy of the VTS_01_4.VOB file from disc 1 via wetransfer (to [email protected])? I could then slot this into my files and burn the disc. Or if anyone else has any better ideas as to how I can solve this problem?

Huge thanks in advance for any help you can give me with this dilemma!

Re: [MfG-43] 750711 Los Angeles - some help please
Date: September 2, 2013 15:50

I have also found problems with disc 2 of [MfG-54] 1976.06.06 Paris which will not burn because the constituent files seem to be invalid for whatever reason. The files extracted Ok with winzip but it when I came to burn it, I just got a message saying some of the files did not match and it would be unplayable. Disc 1 was fine and great stuff to watch!!

Like a few others I have read, i have recently got back into the 75/76 tour having left it behind some time ago.....really enjoying these shows and appreciating all the uploads put on here by the various members of this fine Forum. Its just frustrating when little issues like this come along and I just don't understand how to solve them.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: September 2, 2013 17:06

ic1960
I have also found problems with disc 2 of [MfG-54] 1976.06.06 Paris which will not burn because the constituent files seem to be invalid for whatever reason. The files extracted Ok with winzip but it when I came to burn it, I just got a message saying some of the files did not match and it would be unplayable. Disc 1 was fine and great stuff to watch!!

Like a few others I have read, i have recently got back into the 75/76 tour having left it behind some time ago.....really enjoying these shows and appreciating all the uploads put on here by the various members of this fine Forum. Its just frustrating when little issues like this come along and I just don't understand how to solve them.

Re: [MfG-43] VTS_01_4.VOB

I've just checked the file and it is corrupt, I will upload the VOB tomorrow.

Re: [MfG-54]

Are all the filesname in CAPITALs? They need to be.

Are the VIDEO_TS.BUP & VIDEO_TS.IFO the same size?
Are the VTS_01_0.BUP & VTS_01_0.IFO the same size?

If they are not the same size, make a copy of the IFO file and rename it as BUP (deleting the original BUP first)

[MfG-54] Disc 2 file sizes:

VIDEO_TS.BUP = 12,288 bytes
VIDEO_TS.IFO = 12,288 bytes
VIDEO_TS.VOB = 40,960 bytes
VTS_01_0.BUP = 55,296 bytes
VTS_01_0.IFO = 55,296 bytes
VTS_01_0.VOB = 161,792 bytes
VTS_01_1.VOB = 1,048,899,584 bytes
VTS_01_2.VOB = 1,048,494,080 bytes
VTS_01_3.VOB = 928,094,208 bytes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-02 19:45 by JimmyShelter.

Date: September 3, 2013 01:40

Hi Jimmy.

Huge thanks for your help with this. Look forward to the upload of the correct VOB file for mfg-43.

As for mfg-54 I have checked out the questions you raised and those files are the same size. Some of the big files are slightly msaller than the ones you quote above, but not by much. The problem comes when I try to burn disc 2 and I get the message "One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file". Any clues what the problem might be from this?

Thanks

Ian

Date: September 3, 2013 12:16

That's weired.
"One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file" sounds like it is the problem. Some files are wrong!

As far as I know my copy hasn't been changed at all, so all the files should be the same size as mine. I've just skipped through my copy and it is Ok.

When you say "mostly VOB file(s)" does it tell you which files?
Are they the ones that are different sizes to mine?

The answer is probably to upload a new disc 2, but if only 1 or 2 files need replacing then it may be easier to upload those.

Date: September 3, 2013 15:07

No, that is all it says and it gives no more clues than that as to which files do not correspond. I have to say I have never come across that message before but its not that helpful in solving the problem!!

Date: September 3, 2013 15:24

ic1960
No, that is all it says and it gives no more clues than that as to which files do not correspond. I have to say I have never come across that message before but its not that helpful in solving the problem!!

Yes a lot of software falls just short of being useful like that, and it must have identified which ones were wrong eye rolling smiley

I'm uploading the MfG 43 - Disc 1 - VOB 4 to the stones vault at the moment as a fix for the set (will that do, or do you still need it on wetransfer?).
I will also upload the MfG 54 Disc 2, but that will probably be tomorrow.

Date: September 3, 2013 15:35

JimmyShelter
I'm uploading the MfG 43 - Disc 1 - VOB 4 to the stones vault at the moment as a fix for the set (will that do, or do you still need it on wetransfer?).
I will also upload the MfG 54 Disc 2, but that will probably be tomorrow.

Thats fabulous thanks. I can just download the VOB 4 and slot it in with my other files to burn disc one of that set. No need to wetransfer if you are doing that via filefactory.

Huge thanks for your time and assistance with this.

Date: September 3, 2013 21:56

No problem mate, always try to help if I can.

The Mfg 43 VOB is uploaded, Japp will post the link when he has time.

I've downloaded MfG 54, it's exactly the same as mine (I only had files on HDD, not on DVD) and using Nero I get the same error message with both copies.
I've tried everything I can think of, and all the software I have, but I cannot figure out what the problem is. It is a known issue with Nero, but whether it is a real problem or not nobody really seems to know.

Anyway, I've burned the discs and disc 2 is playing ok on my DVD player.

I can only suggest ignoring the warning and see what happens. I will ask falo if he has any ideas, and let you know if I come up with anything.

Date: September 3, 2013 22:42

Thanks for the VOB.....I'll keep an eye out for the link.

As for mfg 54 I gave it a whirl in my burner and ignored the warning signs. Just had a quick flick through the disc and its looking good to me! I had wondered whether to take a flyer when I first saw the warning as all the files looked OK to me, but I just hadnt taken the plunge! So thanks for the tip off. Maybe we will never understand the error message but on the face of it, all looks well.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: September 3, 2013 23:14

Yes, it's probably nothing. I always like to know WHY these things happen, but sometimes there is no obviouse answer. It may be that the IFO files have been edited, I don't know. But it seems to play ok.

It's good as well isn't it thumbs up

Date: September 3, 2013 23:20

Yes indeed...its terrific. Its funny how for some time I never really listened to this tour and wasn't that into Love You Live for many years, but with the catalyst of LA Friday coming out (which is awesome) I have gone mad listening to this period again...and this is a great document of it, as is mfg-43.smileys with beer

Date: September 4, 2013 00:02

Yes, I love the 60's and 70's stuff. I'm still there, the 80's haven't happened yet in my world smoking smiley

Date: September 5, 2013 01:44

JimmyShelter

The Mfg 43 VOB is uploaded, Japp will post the link when he has time.

Hi Jimmy....any idea if the link has gone up anywhere yet or could you e-mail it to me? Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home