Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post: The Satanic Sessions - 8 cds - Flac - Wetransfer - 1 week only
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 30, 2013 12:03

The Satanic Sessions - 8 cds - Flac - Wetransfer - good 'til 5.9.2013

The Blue box - 4cds - [www.wetransfer.com]

The Red box - 4 cds - [www.wetransfer.com]

Artwork, thanks to Stonesmuziekfan............. [www.wetransfer.com] .........good 'til 6.9.2013

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-31 03:07 by EddieByword.

Re: Post: The Satanic Sessions - 8 cds - Flac - Wetransfer - 1 week only
Date: August 31, 2013 03:08

up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 31, 2013 06:06

There is so much to be taken from this set. Fascinating and informative.

It reveals a lot about who played what, at least on the 'live takes' backing tracks, it even reveals that Macca plays percussion with Mick on She's A Rainbow.

The few takes of Child Of The Moon are from 1968, not 1967 as stated on the box and in the booklet that comes with the box sets.

If only there were sets like this for all their albums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-31 06:08 by His Majesty.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 5, 2013 10:00

Now also available in stonesvault

Satanic Sessions - Blue box - 4 cds.zip [www.filefactory.com]
Satanic Sessions - Red box - 4 cds.zip [www.filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-03 22:08 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: September 6, 2013 02:24

Thanks for this one...but what exactly is a "flash document" which is what these files come out as. Not exactly sure what to do with them, let alone try and play them or burn them!

Date: September 6, 2013 03:14

ic1960
Thanks for this one...but what exactly is a "flash document" which is what these files come out as. Not exactly sure what to do with them, let alone try and play them or burn them!

I'm not sure what that is, once downloaded you should have had a RAR file, you then use a program like Winrar or Tugzip or 7zip to extract the files/folders in it. Then you should be left with a brown folder (Satanic Sessions - Red box(or Blue box)) each with another 4 folders in that, CD1, CD2, CD3. CD4. The files in each folder are Flac files. You can use a program like Nero to burn those files to disc. Each folder = 1 disc.

I just checked the download and everything is as it should be, at my end at least................

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-06 05:15 by EddieByword.

Date: September 6, 2013 09:39

Thanks Eddie. Thats really odd because I did all that but they are all displayed as Flash Documents and not FLAC files which has never happened to me before. I will try it again from the filefactory links and see what happens.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: September 6, 2013 14:28

well what happened on my end with the we transfers was that all the files were named "fla" which didn't show as anything...I had to rename all files by adding a "c" and they immediately were recognized as flacs and I was able to play them...this was mentioned in another thread about these offerings...don't know anything about the file factory ones though...I tried one but it wasn't working for me, or at least the "free" link wasn't...as I mentioned in the other thread about these ("Satanic Sessions" by Koen), no biggie for me anyways to rename them, this stuff is great and thanks to all who had a hand in getting this out...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-06 14:29 by rovalle.

Date: September 6, 2013 15:51

rovalle
well what happened on my end with the we transfers was that all the files were named "fla" which didn't show as anything...I had to rename all files by adding a "c" and they immediately were recognized as flacs and I was able to play them...this was mentioned in another thread about these offerings...don't know anything about the file factory ones though...I tried one but it wasn't working for me, or at least the "free" link wasn't...as I mentioned in the other thread about these ("Satanic Sessions" by Koen), no biggie for me anyways to rename them, this stuff is great and thanks to all who had a hand in getting this out...

Thanks for the tip....mine were all named fla and came out as these Flash Documents......I will try adding that "c" tonight and hopefully it will work!

Date: September 6, 2013 17:19

ic1960
rovalle

Thanks for the tip....mine were all named fla and came out as these Flash Documents......I will try adding that "c" tonight and hopefully it will work!

Ahh yes, the old Fla/Flac thing again,
OK, when I transfer my discs to the HD ready for upload, Nero asks which format I want. mp3, WAV or (as one single option - Fla/Flac)...
So of course I choose that. (although I could have gone with WAV with these as that's what the originals were - Koen who originally requested this upload was happy with Flacs. The files labelled Fla are Flacs but for some reason (which someone did explain once) Nero calls them Flas............
I just downloaded the file myself and like you I got Fla, but.....using Nero6 Ultra I am able to burn these straight to disc without adding a 'c'. I haven't try playing them on my computer...(as I never do) so don't know if I can or not. I've got Windows Media player installed but never use it.
Anyway, glad that worked out............

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 6, 2013 17:39

Worked out great. The artwork doesn't fit the track order with the inclusion of the extra tracks (Shades of Orange, Degree of Murder, etc..) but I renamed, added 'c' and retracked...only took 30 minutes...

After all how many times are you gonna pull this collection out?

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: September 7, 2013 02:20

EXACT-ER-LY!!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 7, 2013 03:58

Munichhilton

After all how many times are you gonna pull this collection out?

I've listened to it a lot over the past few years. grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home