Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: STONES/LED ZEPPELIN:3 New US SCORPIO releases
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 9, 2013 18:01

hwkn can you confirm CD1 (Vancouver) starts with Brown Sugar then segues into Sweet Virginia?

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: September 9, 2013 18:45

Yes....btw there are 14 tracks on disc 1

Date: September 9, 2013 18:46

Double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-09 23:14 by hwkn.

Date: September 9, 2013 19:00

So indeed the Vancouver gig is ahcked to pieces and reconstructed in a way that'll make you scratch your head.
Toooo bad... for me that's a no-no! confused smiley

Date: September 9, 2013 22:00

The Vancouver show is spread over 2 discs(18 tracks in all).......even the touring party 72 box on the rattlesnake label's chopped up so you'll never win might as well quit complaining.(i've listened to the first few tracks on the Led Zeppelin Acetates disc sonically it's stunningly good imho)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-09 22:19 by hwkn.

Posted by: Bob Sharp ()
Date: September 10, 2013 02:40

The Vancouver tracklisting is NOT as listed on the cover. CD1 is as follows:

Brown Sugar
Rocks Off
Gimme Shelter
Bitch
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Honky Tonk Women
Loving Cup
Torn and Frayed
Sweet Virginia
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Ventilator Blues
Midnight rambler
All Down the Line.

Then, CD3 tracks 1-4 are as listed on the cover:
Bye Bye Johnny
Rip This Joint
Jumping Jack Flas
Street Fighting Man

Can anyone confirm if this is in fact the correct sequence of the show?

Date: September 10, 2013 04:53

According to what i've seen on last.fm it is.

Date: September 10, 2013 10:24

Bob Sharp
The Vancouver tracklisting is NOT as listed on the cover.

Good thing then! I was starting to wonder "wtf is this?". BUT that means the CD artwork is faulty (which is not cool)?

Date: September 12, 2013 21:14

That it is unfortanately companies like Scorpio need better quality control when it comes to the track listings on the back of the packaging.

Date: September 22, 2013 11:03

The 72 set has been posted here :
[www.hungercity.org]

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: September 24, 2013 01:07

I downloaded the set from Hunger City.

IMO same old same old. Any upgrades are _slight_ if at all.

I, too, dislike having the end of the two shows on disc 3 like that.

The MSG 72 is indeed the clean stereo source. Still don't know why they don't flip the channels so Keith is on the righthand side as he should be.

And, as assumed, the Ft. Worth Sweet Black Angel is from the same up-close audience source tape that surfaced in the late 90s.

Have not seen the Paris or Zeppelin torrented.

J

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 24, 2013 15:11

Any chance to have this "American Exile" bootleg here at IORR? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 29, 2013 11:16

I won't be torrenting the "Secrets Travel Fast" bootleg, at least not right now, since Hungercity is dead

But here is Roll Over Beethoven from the last Scorpio release, for those interested in how it compares with previous bootlegs of this Paris 1970 show......I know dcba, Hans-Jo and dph are, at least
Your ears will be ringing if you listen to this Scorpio at high volume.....

Could somebody please upload the track to another "file-upload-site" , as these yousend-it/hightail uploads only works for the first few downloaders? Thanks

[www.hightail.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-29 11:51 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: happystoned ()
Date: September 29, 2013 12:07

Can someone post Led Zeppelin's Master Acetates?

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 29, 2013 19:26

Erik_Snow
Could somebody please upload the track to another "file-upload-site" , as these yousend-it/hightail uploads only works for the first few downloaders? Thanks

Here we go:

[www.sendspace.com]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 29, 2013 19:44

I can only compare this to the VGP releases "Some Like It Hot" and "Shake Your Hips", I don't have the Sister Morphine boot from this show.

I don't know, if this sounds much better.
It seems they cut the low frequencies, that were very prominent on VGP, especially on "SLIH".
Or is it only because the Scorpio boot runs three seconds faster?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 29, 2013 20:01

Rank Stranger
I can only compare this to the VGP releases "Some Like It Hot" and "Shake Your Hips", I don't have the Sister Morphine boot from this show.

I don't know, if this sounds much better.
It seems they cut the low frequencies, that were very prominent on VGP, especially on "SLIH".
Or is it only because the Scorpio boot runs three seconds faster?

Hi Hans-Jo, thanks for putting it up on sendspace so that it will be available a couple of days more
No I did not say this was very much better, I said it might sound a little better, though it's somewhat harsh to my ears; and I haven't bothered to compare it with VGP, actually.
You are right though, it could be just a reworked version of the VGP. I'm not into music software.....so I don't know how this could be done, by cutting the low frequencies....would be interesting if somebody checked it out closer

But since "American Exile" was just a tweaked version of the torrents; unlike what the press report of Scorpio said (not that I/we didn't predict that!) it's not a surprise if "Secrets Travel Fast" also is just a tweaked version of the allready existing source.

I won't be buying any more Scorpio's from now on, that's for sure. Though I allready said that 4 years ago, after their lossy "Genuine Black Box" release....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-29 20:08 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 29, 2013 20:16

Rank Stranger
is it only because the Scorpio boot runs three seconds faster?

I'd bet my money (okay 10 Euros) that the VGP is spot-on and the Scorpio runs too fast... (or more precisely that Mr. Scorpio didn't check the tape he got before he sent it the CD pressing plant).

Conclusion : once more, a fan-made speed-corrected version will be better than the raw boot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-29 20:16 by dcba.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: October 1, 2013 17:59

Led Zeppelin Accetate Masters Mega link:

[mega.co.nz]

Date: October 1, 2013 18:39

Thx!
Plz be informed it's lossy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-01 19:29 by dcba.

Date: October 1, 2013 19:31

Lossy? Did they release something that is non-loseless form?

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: October 1, 2013 19:55

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-03 23:19 by midnrambler.

Date: October 1, 2013 20:07

Hmmm...at least not for me my friend smiling smiley. Lossy sound is....lossy, so it means when you're listening on high def equipment, especially old equipment, you feel that something is missing from the spectrum. Decklicking not always means crappy sound if done correctly with using modern software and professional plug ins. Such things as well as loudness war can create amount of distortion, I agree. However, I will take a listen and let you know my results.

On the other hand, I read somewhere (isn't Collectors Music Reviews few month before) that every Scorpio release is lossy. Funny, but I remember also discovering that Watchtower's Hendrix title (if my memory is correct, this was Newport 69 title) is also lossy sourced. So we have a proof that some of these plants are using torrents from sites where young kids have really no exact knowledge as it comes how to correctly check if their copy is lossy or not (not to mention that good torrent sites not allowed and always banning lossy stuff).

Crazy times!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-01 20:11 by happystoned.

Date: October 1, 2013 20:13

midnrambler
It's just as dissappointing as the recent Stones releases.
I cannot hear much difference to the official album tracks...

Agreed (x2). Case closed with these 3 Scorpio "sensations". We can now safely wait for the next Scorpio "event"... in 2016?

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: October 1, 2013 20:36

I ripped it straight from the silver onto my hard drive then made a .zip file and uploaded to Mega, so it must be in mp3 on the silver disc.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 2, 2013 08:44

Roll Over Beethoven - yes, it sounds a bit clearer than VGP, but if this really a better source tape generation or if this clearer sound was achieved by a good EQ job is open for discussion. Scorpio runs a bit faster, and of course, this also influences the sound.

Better tape generation or not, the difference is minimal and not the huge upgrade I was hoping for, considering the fact that a handful of Paris 1970 tracks are indeed available in truly excellent soundboard quality - Sympathy For The Devil, Brown Sugar and Love In Vain. I was hoping for the complete show from the source these three tracks were lifted from.

For a more enjoyable listening experience of Paris 1970, I still prefer Laughingsam's DSP remaster which sounds more natural than all these "harsh" undoctored releases from VGP, Sister Morphine and now Scorpio.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:29

if someone got this :Fillmore West 1969 Off The Reels – Idol Mind Label, please upload !

Thanks

cool smiley

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: October 3, 2013 14:20

alimente
Roll Over Beethoven - yes, it sounds a bit clearer than VGP, but if this really a better source tape generation or if this clearer sound was achieved by a good EQ job is open for discussion. Scorpio runs a bit faster, and of course, this also influences the sound.

Better tape generation or not, the difference is minimal and not the huge upgrade I was hoping for, considering the fact that a handful of Paris 1970 tracks are indeed available in truly excellent soundboard quality - Sympathy For The Devil, Brown Sugar and Love In Vain. I was hoping for the complete show from the source these three tracks were lifted from.

For a more enjoyable listening experience of Paris 1970, I still prefer Laughingsam's DSP remaster which sounds more natural than all these "harsh" undoctored releases from VGP, Sister Morphine and now Scorpio.

Where can i get these 3 tracks (sympathy, bs & liv) in excellent soundboard quality?

Date: October 3, 2013 15:23

SFTD = VGP-100
BS = VGP-083
LIV = ?

Posted by: dph ()
Date: October 4, 2013 01:58

I listened to the sample of Roll Over Beethoven from Paris 1970. Thanks Erik. Not impressed with the sound. This is not an upgrade, just different EQ which I don't like. It sounds like a Sister Morphine release and I don't mean that as a compliment.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home