Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
STONES/LED ZEPPELIN:3 New US SCORPIO releases
Posted by: gilles ()
Date: August 28, 2013 18:20

AVAILABLE SOON! Essential new titles on the REAL Scorpio label. Very limited. Please order now!

hi

these 3 nice digipack items below just released:

each 1CD = 15 euro
each 3CD = 44 euro

+ minimum of postage

pliz email pv at: megad78@aol.com
if interested in

-Rolling Stones - American Exile (3CD)
This lavishly packaged set presents, direct from first generation transfers, the best quality versions to date of several key Rolling Stones performances from the legendary 1972 North American tour. The tour opening show in Vancouver, British Columbia, June 3 is presented here in it's entirety. This upgraded version was transferred directly from the 1st generation original cassette, and is not sourced from the plethora of online torrents that have circulated recently. 24/96 mastering presents this landmark show in the best quality ever, with unique performances of Torn & Frayed, Ventilator Blues & Loving Cup presented in sharp & bracing sound. Vancouver, clocking in at over 90 minutes was the most extended performance of the tour. Ragged but right, the Stones attack the material from Exile & earlier with fiery intent, resulting in a vibrant & bracing performance that serves as a telling precursor to the mayhem & abandon that was to characterize that summers sweep through North America.

The following days performance(s) in Seattle are represented here, once again in their un-edited entirety, by the evening show. Much better in sound quality than any extant recordings of the afternoon outing, the evening performance presents an even more raucous, if arguably more focused, document of the band firing on all cylinders. On every level this is a superb show, serving as a harbringer of what was to ensue once the Stones Touring Party(s) American odyssey subsequently transited further into their definitive spiritual homeland south of the Mason - Dixon during succeeding weeks.

One off performances of Sweet Black Angel, Dead Flowers & Don't Lie To Me are included from soundboard sources to present as complete an overview of the tour as can be re-created with the material available, resulting in at least one version of every song known to have been performed (of which a recording exists or is currently available), with the first & third shows of the tour being bookended by the final show at Madison Square Garden July 26. Well known & widely travelled in previous release as Welcome To New York, an important fact to keep to mind is that all subsequent releases of this show have been sourced from various issues of the old TMOQ vinyl. What may be less well known is that only the 2nd issue of the LP offered the true stereo soundboard recording, which is presented here, transferred from the original RS - 546-A/B REI matrixed vinyl, in what must be acknowledged to be the best quality ever, suffering none of the diabolical no-noise & cedar treatments that marred so many reissues of the show, including the abhorrently muffled Swinging Pig version.

Presented in a glossy laminated heavy weight tri-fold digi-pack gatefold cover, accompanied by an eight page booklet laden with appropriate photographs and relevant commentary ( as an example of the care brought to bear in this release the interior sleeve band photo is from the Vancouver show, readily identifiable by Keith's striped tunic) American Exile accomplishes what it (presumably) set out to achieve; delivering a pull no punches, all out assault to address & reconcile the mediocrity, redundancy & mendacity of too many haphazardly presented previous 1972 Rolling Stones US tour releases, resulting in as essential a Rolling Stones STP document as will likely be released until the band decides to issue one itself.

-Rolling Stones - Secrets Travel Fast (1CD)
Secrets Travel Fast presents what to date can be considered as the definitive document of the Rolling Stones 1970 European Tour. Sourced from an upgraded version of the French radio broadcast of the band's September 23, 1970 Palais des Sport , Paris, performance, and enhanced with appropriate bonus tracks, this release delivers a tremendous Rolling Stones listening experience. The bands 1970 tour has been reasonably well documented via audience recordings through the years. All well & good, but what Stones fan wouldn't hope for something a bit more, umm, dynamic? This crisp & solid soundboard recording delivers precisely that. Certainly the material on offer cannot be faulted; no less than 3(!) Chuck Berry covers serve to define1970's Continental outing as a return to the bands roots. After the mayhem of 1969's US tour the group must have relished the opportunity to traverse Olde Europe, scene of plenty of prior riots, though thankfully fewer fatalities than the previous years ill-starred junket.

Opening in Malmo , Sweden on August 30 the band played the tours only performance of Gimme Shelter. Why they saw fit to subsequently drop this from the set list remains a somewhat impenetrable mystery. Thankfully a recording of acceptable quality recently surfaced, 43 years on, and is presented here in best ever, though admittedly not perfect, quality. Owing to this fact the decision was made to append it to the end of the disc, rather than in it's original running order, so as to not critically impair the sonic integrity of what is otherwise a reasonably high quality recording.
Also added to this disc was the Malmo performance, in it's original running order, of You Gotta Move, which unfathomably was not played at the Palais des Sport. The quality of this acoustic track allows it to somewhat seamlessly integrate into the flow of the show...

For whatever reason the final two songs of the Palais des Sport show were not broadcast, and the known audience recordings from Paris are so diabolical that even the geniuses behind the old Oil Well label might have had cause to pause prior to inflicting them upon their unwitting victims, uh, I mean customers. In a bid to present a more complete overview of the tour audience recordings of Honky Tonk Women & Street Fighting Man are sourced from a (West) German show from the tour. The final tracks are soundboard recordings from the Stones Saville Theatre performance of December 14, 1969, the bands second to last live performance of the 1960's. Broadcast by the BBC these tracks reveal a (relative) measure of torpor in the performances, but are valuable none the less as now this release sports no fewer than 4 Chuck Berry covers!!

Presented in a heavy weight glossy tri fold digi pack sleeve adorned with dozens of photo's from the 1970 tour Secrets Travel Fast presents as extensive an overview of this somewhat over looked era in the bands history as has surfaced to date. Until such time as the band sees fit to release their own document this release can be seen as the essential encapsulation of this crucial transition period in the bands history.

-Led Zeppelin - Acetate Masters (1CD)
Presented on this release are 8 studio recordings spanning the years 1968 - 1975 sourced directly from Jimmy Pages' personal reference acetates, cut at various studios in the UK, as well as a mono version of Black Dog sourced from a US promotional only 45. The full power of the band is revealed on these unlimited, un-compressed raw transfers cut prior to final mastering to reveal the quality and characteristics of the mastering and mixes. As is so obvious as to almost warrant not being mentioned, Led Zeppelin was entirely Jimmy's creation, and it was he & he only who had final say over any aspect of the bands career that he chose to involve himself in. Certainly mundane details regarding tours & promotion might be left to Peter Grant to decide, but in matters of the groups recorded output it was Jimmy alone who had final say over what was to be released. Which is what makes listening to these acetates so fascinating. Revealed here, for the first time ever, are the very recordings that Jimmy utilized to determine whether a particular track or performance met the stratospheric standards he would demand of the band & himself.

Recorded with the highest quality tube powered analog equipment, entered at a 24/96 sampling rate, carefully transferred and subsequently (lightly) de-clicked, the raw power of the original recordings shows through with startling clarity. These transfers are presented both in de-clicked (tracks 1-8, 17) and raw recordings, allowing the listener a choice of playback options.

These acetates are amongst the rarest & most unique Led Zeppelin artifacts to have surfaced in the ensuing 40+ years since they were first cut. Almost certainly they are one of a kind items; Jimmy didn't feel the need to solicit others opinions regarding recording quality standards. Unquestionably genuine, as opposed to the multitudes of patently bogus acetates regularly appearing on various auction sites and elsewhere, Led Zeppelin enthusiasts are here presented with a singular opportunity to transit back in time to the very moment when decisions were arrived at as to which versions of any given track was to be given the green light for release.

Re: STONES/LED ZEPPELIN:3 New US SCORPIO releases
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 20:09

=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-28 22:17 by Godxofxrock9.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 28, 2013 21:20

The reviews were copied from here

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Cover pics incl

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: August 28, 2013 21:49

Godxofxrock9
instead of makeing people buy them share them for free and keep the discs to yourself
It's his business, selling bootlegs.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: August 29, 2013 02:13

10 years ago I might have bought these. Now, no.

I am dubious of the claims for American Exile. It's unlikely to be an upgrade over the existing torrents considering that they are also from first generation sources. I highly doubt the claimed 24/96 mastering will help sound quality. "Sweet Black Angel" is not available from a soundboard source, only an audience source (let me know if it is!).

It is possible that Scorpio has tracked down an upgraded source for the Secrets Travel Fast radio broadcast. That would be great but unlikely considering that one has never turned up. And the annoying announcer will still be there.

I hope someone can review these honestly based on actual listening not pre-release hype.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 29, 2013 04:23

Hey, roll off gilles...he has good info regarding upcoming torrents...or a hard copy should you want it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 29, 2013 10:30

The back-cover of the "STFast" CD says "Sept. 23" so this is the raw incomplete (11 tracks) soundboard released by VGP (catalogue #044) and not the the "Europe 1" broadcast which is from Sept. 22.

It's been upgraded once (slightly) by VGP (#078) but it was still so-so so maybe a massive upgrade has been achieved by Scorpio...?

The CD has 18 tracks but seven are filler from Malmoe (2 songs), and unknown show from Germany (Essen?) (2 songs) and the well-known Saville Theater gig from 1969 (3 songs).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-29 10:34 by dcba.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 29, 2013 18:13

dph
I am dubious of the claims for American Exile. It's unlikely to be an upgrade over the existing torrents considering that they are also from first generation sources.

This was my first thought, as well. It's gotta be them JEMS torrents from DIME
That Scorpio in their press release says "not many knows that the later pressing of Welcome To New York has wide stereo...." makes me mistrust this release, as everybody knows that. DAC released it on "Nasty Songs" for instance.....which by the way is a copy of your torrent

The Paris 1970 boot; which I would guess is the Sept 23 show is more interesting, though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-29 18:16 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 29, 2013 20:13

I know someone on the west coast who has ordered the ZEP disc (supposedly the first pressing is sold out and they are doing a second) he said he will be able to hear the stones discs from the distributor at a record show this weekend so maybe he can give us some feedback. Hopefully he'll get a deal on them and send them to me...he has good connections to scorpio and godfather..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-29 20:14 by scottkeef.

Date: August 30, 2013 11:46

LZ's fans impressions about the upcoming "Acetate Masters" CD are not that good :
[www.royal-orleans.com]

so that doesn't bode well for the two Stones titles (but I truly hope I'll be proven wrong).

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: August 30, 2013 20:44

dcba
LZ's fans impressions about the upcoming "Acetate Masters" CD are not that good :
[www.royal-orleans.com]

so that doesn't bode well for the two Stones titles (but I truly hope I'll be proven wrong).

None of them have heard the tracks or even seen a track listing on the Zeppelin piece. I'd definitely take that Led Zeppelin site with a grain of salt. A lot of them are really young kids of the torrent era who want everything for free and don't have any clue about bootlegging or how different sources work. Most of them basically don't have any understanding of where the stuff comes from, before it's on their screen at Pirate Bay or whatever. A few of them there know their stuff, but not many.

I am curious about all three of these releases, because in the OLD days, in the '90s, Scorpio used to do good stuff. When he said something was an upgrade, it usually was. I'm a little suspicious though when he says "this is better source than the new one that recently surfaced on torrent sites," if they are similar and they both surface at the same time, how do we really know its any different source than the one that's already out there?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-30 20:45 by Turning To Gold.

Date: August 30, 2013 21:47

I agree 100% but does the guy who gave us wonders in the 90's still have the magic hand?
In the early 90's "Studio Daze" and its wealth of outtakes/live cuts was breath-taking but "Acetate Masters" seems to be made of acetate-sourced songs identical to official tracks.

Date: August 31, 2013 23:52

I've taken a chance on that Paris 1970 release, maybe I'm in for a treat. Never thought I'd buy another Scorpio after realising Genuine Black Box was lossy

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 1, 2013 01:04

alright, Erik!

Date: September 1, 2013 01:21

Howdy Scott, maybe you'll give us a review of that 1972 3CD set...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-01 02:08 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 1, 2013 17:29

The 72 set :
[www.global-websystem.net]

The Paris title :
[www.global-websystem.net]

AE looks weird to me : CD1 (the Vancouver show) has this track-listing :
01 BS
02 Virginia
03 Rocks Off
04 YCAGWYW
05 GShelter
06 Ventilator Blues
07 Bitch
08 MRambler

Why chop and re-arrange the June 3 show like this? Or the booklet infos don't match the content of the discs?
In either case it's an amateur job imo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-01 18:00 by dcba.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 1, 2013 22:32

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-08 16:01 by midnrambler.

Date: September 1, 2013 22:44

midnrambler
[www.ebay.com]
[www.ebay.com]

My comment: What a bullsh...!

What is....? The price there isn't bad, so I'm wondering what you mean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-01 22:55 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 1, 2013 23:22

"Internet write-up below pulls no punches and reveals the grandiose nature and impact of this classic release. Not to be missed"

That's some hyperbole! >grinning smiley< eye rolling smiley

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: September 5, 2013 21:51

Has anyone heard the American Exile set?i'm thinking about getting it tomorrow.

Date: September 6, 2013 00:38

If I were you I'd wait for reviews. Like I wrote above (ahem) the June 3 tape has been hacked to pieces and re-arranged in a way that leaves you wondering "wtf is this?"

On top of this CD1 holds 70 minutes of the Vancouver tape CD1 holds 70 minutes of the 2nd Seattle tape... and CD3 holds the ends of both shows (plus unnecessary filler).
Imo that's probably the worst/most amateurish way to put to CD tapes taht last more than standard CD duration.

Even WLR wouldn't have chosen to do things this way! >grinning smiley<

My 2 cents (and I may be wrong) :
the Paris CD is the one to get, the one SC-guy coughed up real money for.
To recoup his investment SC-guy also releases a 3-cd set of the US'72 tour, for which he paid nothing and from which he'll get some money.

I guess he's betting on the fan "hey I'll get both titles" mentality to earn a little something ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-08 13:20 by dcba.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 6, 2013 02:42

Concerning Paris - 3 tracks (Sympathy, Love In Vain and Brown Sugar) are already out there in exc. soundboard quality - comparable to the great Led Zep Paris Olympia rebroadcast.

Now if the rest of the set finally becomes available in the same or even better quality than the above mentioned three tracks, we will be in for a real treat!

I just hope that it's NOT a compilation of these tracks with the other (mediocre) soundboard from Paris, I hope it's really something new.

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: September 7, 2013 14:56

Does anybody have the new Paris 1970 CD? How does it sound? Is it stereo or mono soundboard?

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: September 7, 2013 17:46

"Secrets Travel Fast"
1. Jumping Jack Flash / 2. Roll Over Beethoven / 3. Sympathy For The Devil / 4. Stray Cat Blues / 5. Love In Vain / 6. You Gotta Move / 7. Dead Flowers / 8. Midnight Rambler / 9. Live With Me / 10. Let It Rock / 11. Little Queenie / 12. Brown Sugar / 13. Honky Tonk Women / 14. Street Fighting Man / 15. Gimme Shelter / 16. Satisfaction / 17. Jumping Jack Flash / 18. Carol
1-5,7-12 : Palais de Sports, Paris, France. Sep.23, 1970 - mono SB
6&15 : Baltiska Hallen, Malmo, Sweden. Aug.30, 1970 - mono Aud
13&14: Sporthalle, Cologne, West-Germany. Sep.18, 1970 - mono Aud
16-18: Saville Theatre, London, UK. Dec.14,1969 - mono SB

[wwr6.ucom.ne.jp]

For me, only "Gimme Shelter" is an upgrade sound, though it seems to have been shared in IORR 4 years ago (I don't have).

atsu-y
[wwr6.ucom.ne.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-07 17:49 by atsu69.

Date: September 7, 2013 23:26

So it's a checkmate? The 72 set is pointless and the 70 CD brings hardly anything new?

Okay so let's keep our money for the official Hyde Park dvd! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: September 8, 2013 00:40

i think it's an upgrade.......but who knows for sure.....to my ears it is

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 8, 2013 04:54

midimannz
The reviews were copied from here

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Cover pics incl

that was not a review on CMR it was the description most likely created by the Scorpio label that was posted on CMR. AFAIK there has not been a review done on CMR yet for those titles.

Date: September 8, 2013 13:02

So I wasted 20 euro? Glad I didn't buy the "American Exile" set, then

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: September 9, 2013 17:56

I'm listening to the American Exile set and imho it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be(go ahead and get it i'll bet you'll like it).

Date: September 9, 2013 18:00

The thing is we got it off the Dime torrent site around 2011... thx to poster Weedwacker67.

We even got the story around the taping of the 1st 3 shows of 72... and why on the 1973-01-21 recording one can hear someone say "they're so much better than in Seattle".

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home