Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Leeds 1982 Question
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: August 21, 2013 22:00

for a long time this boot was in VG audience then when it was released on the stonesarchive it was SBD But that's not my question. then they put videos of this show on youtube. does anyone know if there is a full Pro-Shot for this show

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-21 22:02 by Godxofxrock9.

Re: Leeds 1982 Question
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 21, 2013 22:44

Not yet !

sc uk

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 21, 2013 23:01

Clearly there is...but where...where dammit!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 22, 2013 01:08

Something vague from memory... There is a British document called TWENTY YEARS ON from 1982, including "Honky Tonk Women" from Leeds. Then in VIDEO REWIND I suppose the live version of "Start Me Up" (in the very end) is from there also. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So there is stuff in the vaults...

- Doxa

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 22, 2013 01:10

I thought honky tonk woman was from Paris.

Date: August 22, 2013 01:16

hockenheim95
I thought honky tonk woman was from Paris.

Yeah, could be very well... it is about 30 years since I've seen it; it is somewhere in my VHS collection... not even a player any longer..

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 22, 2013 01:17

Doxa
Something vague from memory... There is a British document called TWENTY YEARS ON from 1982, including "Honky Tonk Women" from Leeds. Then in VIDEO REWIND I suppose the live version of "Start Me Up" (in the very end) is from there also. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So there is stuff in the vaults...

- Doxa

Nope. I remember watching 'Twenty Years on' at the time and it was broadcast ten days before the Leeds show (it actually mentions that they'll be ending the tour in Leeds on the broadcast)

'20 Years on' was a BBC 'Newsnight' special which took most of its material from two reports that the programme aired during the tour. An interview with Jagger and concert footage from Orlando in October 1981 (broadcast later that month) and an interview with Keith in Paris and footage from the following day's show there (13th June) - broadcast on 24th June. There's an interview too with Woody from Paris and with Bill in Cologne in early July.

Date: August 22, 2013 01:32

Okay, thanks for correcting it, Gazza. Yeah, I recall it saying something about Leeds (my English was still pretty much a work in progress then...), and that probably stuck to mind, and I associated it with that footage. Being wrong 30 years...>grinning smiley<

Most probably my second trivia is wrong as well...

- Doxa

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: August 22, 2013 06:43

Yes, There is a complete Leeds show. There are at least 4 complete shows from the 82 Euro Tour as I have seen at least that many; one being the Leeds show "Stu's last show with the band". One day the Stones may decide to release it.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: August 22, 2013 13:01

VideoJames
Yes, There is a complete Leeds show. There are at least 4 complete shows from the 82 Euro Tour as I have seen at least that many; one being the Leeds show "Stu's last show with the band". One day the Stones may decide to release it.

Really? which ones?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home