Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How full is the msg 1972 dvd
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 02:57

i wondering because it's gonna be my next watch

Re: How full is the msg 1972 dvd
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 3, 2013 08:53

Your a MSG fan, isn't the very next show the 25th one at MSG?

Date: July 3, 2013 10:32

MSG 1972 DVD?

Pretty hungry, if you ask me winking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:50

Less filling, tastes great.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:57

Don't waste your money on this DVD. It has a very irritating graphic that comes up in every song. The person who released this obviously does not want people to copy and sell it so the "Idol MInd" logo comes fades in and out in every song. Unwatchable in my opinion. I sold my copy after one viewing.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:34

Tornnfrayed, besides the annoying logo that pops us, how is the picture and sound quality though? I've always wanted to see this DVD

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 3, 2013 13:55

i love msg , but if you do not have a copy of ladies and gentelman the rolling stones dvd on eagle rock . GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 3, 2013 14:01

I have 'Ladies and Gentlemen' of course, and it's supreme!

How about the MSG - is it all pro-shot? Maybe including some of the songs that were featured on the TV show (can't remember the name at moment) in which they were interviewed and some live songs shown from MSG?

Quality wouldn't be as good as 'Ladies and Gent's of course but how would you rate the quality?

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: July 3, 2013 14:03

Picture quality is like an audience recorded bootleg record. Not really clear. Just fair I would say. But the idol mind logo is so irritating that you just can't watch the DVD for more than a few songs. The picture fades out and the logo fades in every 45 seconds I would say. Irritating beyond belief and a big disappointment. I thought it was not a very classy move by Idol Mind.

Date: July 3, 2013 14:14

Many thanks for the views TornnFrayed,

Woudl the songs be full lenght versions, or just clips with the soundtrack dubbed on?

The 3 of 4 tracks from Dick Cavett show so would be much better than the MSG mega-rare pro shot

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 16:53

It's on Youtube!

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 3, 2013 18:11

No song's complete on this DVD, only fragments of rather bad quality

Date: July 5, 2013 03:23

I you guys had waited like me for the audio of these two shows, then seen the video w/o sound, then finally had somebody painstakingly match the audio to the video, i don't know. it's a bootleg. i got mine for free. if anybody wants me to copy my dvds so you can have a look, email me. it's not my music & i believe in sharing it w/other fans.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Lostbrook ()
Date: July 5, 2013 05:55

I was at the July 25 evening show so I should probably acquire this one day. Menace, I may take you up on that generous offer.

Date: July 5, 2013 21:32

Lostbrook
I was at the July 25 evening show so I should probably acquire this one day. Menace, I may take you up on that generous offer.

Lostbrook baby... I'll make you a sweet deal. Email me & take your time. But I want you to recount the entire experience, from the rumours they'd be touring to how you acquired your ticket to concert day, the layers of security, what people in the audience were saying. Did you speak to or overhear anybody who'd seem them on the road?

Everything, laddie. If you'd email me anyways... if you're not in the USA I need to know. Also my catalogue of Stones is legion up through 75.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Lostbrook ()
Date: July 6, 2013 00:58

I will email you a nice bedtime story, complete with ticket stub scan and another momento from that night - no it's not a recording. It might take me a few days. we have a group of French students in town. I'm off to show them DC at night in a moment.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 6, 2013 02:28

I don't think the blackouts are 'intentional' - like with some of the other Idol Mind DVDs I think the blank screens are space fillers to keep the full audio of the song. The majority of Super 8mm film footage is choppy since the reels were so short. Most people didn't film an entire song, they kept stopping and starting.

The blackouts could also be portions where the camera is moving way too fast/out of focus or the transfer from film to video is screwed up (I doubt these are made from the master Super8 stock, but rather from low generation VHS sources).

While all of these Idol Mind DVDs are limited by the sources they are using, I am amazed at how well they sync the footage with available audio. Makes for a much improved experience than the unsynced dubbing they were originally circulated with.

The Dick Cavett show only broadcast two songs from the afternoon show (I believe, might be misremembering that): Brown Sugar and Street Fighting Man. However, the teasers/bumpers/commercial breaks show footage from other performances that they filmed without the live audio. Midnight Rambler is one of them as Jagger is seen with harmonica in mouth.

J

Date: July 6, 2013 13:01

Lostbrook, take-uh your time; it's not gonna be graded.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home