Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 5 NEW 81 SHOWS ON WOLFGANG SITE!
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: June 21, 2013 15:12

rockshow2112
So are these technically "officially released"???
Forgive my ignorance....but you can't purchase them correct?
Some of us have no idea how to capture streaming audio.
I think it would be o.k. to put them on Wetransfer on here?

I understand the archive releases you can purchase from Google...which I did in fact pay for them all....are "official"....but the WV vault is different isn't it??

It all comes down to one thing - does the web site owner want to deal with any possible legal trouble, and risk being shut down, sued, etc. There are several organizations that could potentially take action. I recommend that if it is questionable, don't post it and risk it all for pissing off the wrong person. But ask BV if you don't like my answer.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 21, 2013 17:32

Due to the "grey area" nature of the WV site it'd be morally unacceptable to post them here.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 21, 2013 17:34

dcba
Due to the "grey area" nature of the WV site it'd be morally unacceptable to post them here.

Grey area and morally unacceptable don't match.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 21, 2013 17:51

actually there is no grey area...

WV owns the tapes and the rights to them. Just like any photo taken on the tour is copyrighted by the photographer and even today Kamin owns what he hasn't sold.

Bill Graham's company recorded several Rolling Stones shows with the obvious Stones blessing in order to use them for KBFH PPVs and even Still Life which the Stones retain the copyright to.

So there is no question that these tapes are WV property. I guess you could research whether they are paying the license fees on the songs rights?

Posted by: ak1977 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 19:27

At the end of the day, they're still bootlegs. I highly doubt they're paying fees...but what the hell do I know.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 21, 2013 22:30

Munichhilton
actually there is no grey area...

WV owns the tapes and the rights to them. Just like any photo taken on the tour is copyrighted by the photographer and even today Kamin owns what he hasn't sold.

Bill Graham's company recorded several Rolling Stones shows with the obvious Stones blessing in order to use them for KBFH PPVs and even Still Life which the Stones retain the copyright to.

So there is no question that these tapes are WV property. I guess you could research whether they are paying the license fees on the songs rights?

WV holds the property rights, but not the publishing rights. So, they can't release any music on vinyl, CD or whatever. However, streaming music is not included in the publishing rights, so they are allowed to do that. Also, buying a concert for 'a reasonable fee' in a non-lossless format does not hurt the publishing rights, so that's exactly what they do.

Mathijs

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: June 22, 2013 01:47

So when a Japanese bootleg company begins selling these concerts without mentioning that WV is the source, does that change anything? Would those bootlegged versions be ok to share?

I've captured the shows for personal use, but would share them with others if it wasn't controversial.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 22, 2013 02:10

If they offer it for streaming then they have to pay fees to the artist which from what I have read WGV does so to the artists every time someone streams a song from their site.

They own the rights to the concerts so it is not appropriate to share this material anymore then it would be to share the Stones vault shows IMHO.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 22, 2013 02:30

Agree

WV is trying to make their money back...I'm sure these will show up in due time at some of the seedy sites...

Posted by: steini ()
Date: June 22, 2013 03:50

Lets cut out the crap, how can we get it?

Ps. Legally is streaming one way of puplishing.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: June 22, 2013 04:19

steini
Lets cut out the crap, how can we get it?

Ps. Legally is streaming one way of puplishing.

Buy a membership on Wolfgang - it's cheap!

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: June 22, 2013 09:07

i could do that , buy a membership, but then i'm lacking the tools and knowledge to capture..:-( but they will turn up so we all get them soon.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: June 22, 2013 11:57

"Buy a membership on Wolfgang - it's cheap!"

I CanĀ“t got no cards.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: June 22, 2013 14:37

WV stuff has been shared here before without any issues so why now?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home