Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

why do we have to use filefactory
Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:31

i was just wondering why we have to use filefactory because there are way better sites

Re: why do we have to use filefactory
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:33

Godxofxrock9
i was just wondering why we have to use filefactory because there are way better sites

They have a super strong union which overpowered all of us in a week moment...now we're bound by contract...sorry

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 15, 2013 10:22

Name a better site and I will tell you why we are not using them.

Date: May 15, 2013 14:15

strettonbull
Name a better site and I will tell you why we are not using them.[/quote i am fine with file factory i was just wondering why we had to use it

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 15, 2013 14:36

Godxofxrock9
strettonbull
i am fine with file factory i was just wondering why we had to use it

Because that's where Chris & Jaap decided to build their archive which they then chose to share with the rest of us.

I know you are not complaining, just asking, but far too many people do complain about the Vault using Filefactory, forgetting that they didn't have to share it at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-15 14:37 by JimmyShelter.

Date: May 15, 2013 14:36

Jaap and myself did a lot of research into the various different hosting sites, including reading a lot of other people's opinions.

The primary reasons that we chose FF were:

1) Affordability for both paying for the Stones vault and for people to have premium accounts.
2) The firm has been trading for a good few years and is part of a big parent company.
3) There was no limit on the space you can have. (Although there is technically a 1TB limit now under their fair use policy, I have been told that they have not actually deleted anyone's files when they have gone over the limit)
4) They were the only company that allows uploads to anyone with a special URL. (This is how everyone else can upload to the Stones Vault)

Whilst I appreciate some people have had problems with downloading as a free user, we had to go with the company who would enable us to get the Vault working properly.

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: May 15, 2013 15:15

Why not using [mega.co.nz] ?? confused smiley

Date: May 15, 2013 15:22

strettonbull
Jaap and myself did a lot of research into the various different hosting sites, including reading a lot of other people's opinions.

The primary reasons that we chose FF were:

1) Affordability for both paying for the Stones vault and for people to have premium accounts.
2) The firm has been trading for a good few years and is part of a big parent company.
3) There was no limit on the space you can have. (Although there is technically a 1TB limit now under their fair use policy, I have been told that they have not actually deleted anyone's files when they have gone over the limit)
4) They were the only company that allows uploads to anyone with a special URL. (This is how everyone else can upload to the Stones Vault)That's all fine and i think the stones vault is a very impressive piece of work and i love all the bootlegs i think you guys have done a great job with everything

Whilst I appreciate some people have had problems with downloading as a free user, we had to go with the company who would enable us to get the Vault working properly.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 15, 2013 15:26

strettonbull

packupload is great! thumbs up

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 16:20

There are so many possibilities for sharing worldwide.
And it's impossible to reconcile all people. No matter how the decision is some people will be dissatisfied because they haven't a premium account.
I remember that a similar discussion was led in the past.

We all should not challange the decision of uploaders. We should be glad that there are people who give us all that Stones stuff for free. To buy a premium account is the cheapest way to get so much CDs/DVDs.
And you also can download without a premium account - it only takes time. But:
Be careful! " Time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me"

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:24

werther2003
There are so many possibilities for sharing worldwide.
And it's impossible to reconcile all people. No matter how the decision is some people will be dissatisfied because they haven't a premium account.
I remember that a similar discussion was led in the past.

We all should not challange the decision of uploaders. We should be glad that there are people who give us all that Stones stuff for free. To buy a premium account is the cheapest way to get so much CDs/DVDs.
And you also can download without a premium account - it only takes time. But:
Be careful! " Time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me"

Forcing people to sign up for a premium account is why I didn't want my masters posted on the site. All my masters are posted on Planet Rock torrent site where masters do not even count against ratios on the site. The only problem with torrent sites is the expectation one shares what they download. Unfortunately, from what I have seen, many are unable to uphold their end of the deal.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:31

NathanLaze
Why not using [mega.co.nz] ?? confused smiley

Was not available when we started stonesvault.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:43

well,if it helps,i´m using mega from now on....but my uploading is slow process smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:40

dcba
strettonbull

Does look pretty good, can't see any info about file retention though? It has to be better than Wetransfer though, so maybe it should be the recommended upload place for sharing stuff with a max size of 400/1Gb ?

EDIT - Ah yes, file retention :

Your files remain available online as long as they are regulary downloaded.
A file is deleted if it is not downloaded at least once in two months for the guests and at least once in six years for registered members.

Since registration is free, six years sounds pretty decent!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 11:42 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 16, 2013 19:40

Mega isn't suitable as you only get 50gb of storage space. The costs of increasing it to what we need would be prohibitive to the Stones Vault.

With Packupload it wouldn't be possible for anyone to else upload to the Vault through a special URL.

Date: May 17, 2013 11:06

gotdablouse
dcba
strettonbull

Does look pretty good, can't see any info about file retention though? It has to be better than Wetransfer though, so maybe it should be the recommended upload place for sharing stuff with a max size of 400/1Gb ?

EDIT - Ah yes, file retention :

Your files remain available online as long as they are regulary downloaded.
A file is deleted if it is not downloaded at least once in two months for the guests and at least once in six years for registered members.

Since registration is free, six years sounds pretty decent!

Well I created an account on packupload and tried uploading the 179Mb Vegas MP3 zip three times and each time after a while it timed out. I sent them an email, haven't heard back...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 19, 2013 03:04

bump for tryin' to push on page 2 one seller who could have used one thread instead of 10 to try to sell his stuffangry smiley

HMN

Date: May 19, 2013 10:39

What ?

Anyway packupload is disappointing, was the recommendation a joke ? Stalls at 14% on my 179MB file and while it worked ok with a small 5MB file, downloading requires a "one-time" activation where they send a link to your phone number (yeah you can enter any phone number but still...).

Mega worked ok though, maybe preferable to webtransfer for one-off sharing here ? Any downsides ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home