Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Just received a threatening email from daspyknows.
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 8, 2013 18:56

StonedInTokyo
I don't have a dog in this fight, but in my opinon it is always inappropriate to share private correspondence on a public forum without the consent of the sender, regardless of the nature of the private correspondence.

Please. As stated eloquently above...this is not a 'fight'...its a 'squabble'.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 8, 2013 18:58

Munichhilton
I've been a taper for years as well. Even used to have to do it on good old CR02. I truly feel that once I've 'released' one of my own recordings its no longer under my control in any way. Its sorta public domain... Why wouldn't it be? Some of my better Police recordings turned up as japanese bootlegs for Shanghai sake. Anyway...you obviously feel very protective of your stuff so if it honestly makes you mad enough to call for such language towards good people I think I would just keep your stuff to yourself.

No harm done. Enjoy your show tonight...

Now that's a mature point of view........dapsy should imo be more phlegmatic...you know, like Andy Warhol, who used to sign his own 'fakes'...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 19:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:00

Munichhilton
StonedInTokyo
I don't have a dog in this fight, but in my opinon it is always inappropriate to share private correspondence on a public forum without the consent of the sender, regardless of the nature of the private correspondence.

Please. As stated eloquently above...this is not a 'fight'...its a 'squabble'.

"I don't have a dog in this fight" is an idiom (a figure of speech). I can only reiterate it's inappropriate to share private correspondence on a public forum without the consent of the sender.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:02

Normally I would agree - but that goes out the window when it's that type of nasty correspondence.

Date: May 8, 2013 19:14

dennycranium
IF IT WERE ME releasing these shows, I would have no problem with a remaster as long as I APPROVED IT FIRST.

If it were anyone releasing anything it's obvious to me the fact of the matter is the original taper relinquishes control.

I have released uncirculated tapes in a 100% profit free manner in the past. I'm not so naive as to believe I can now dictate to the world how those recordings are to be archived, used, traded or sold. Any taper losing sleep over such concerns ought not to release their recordings until they can accept reality.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 19:15 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:19

Anyway, you've got a nerve complaining about Strettonbull, when you go to a show it expressly says on the tickets "NO RECORDERS OR CAMERAS".........now, unless you're releasing these recordings with the express permission of the band - fat chance considering the quality - even if you're crew - which really, if you're working for the band is conceivably an even bigger breach of protocol & trust - I suggest you're a bit of a hypocrite slating Strettonbull for 'breaching' your desires & demands, when you have simply, it's clear, no regard or respect for the band's wishes. Just nutty.

Putting aside you've got the whole thing about File Factory arse backwards.............

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 19:24 by EddieByword.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:22

Looks like the ball is in your court daspy, either share your next tape ... or don't.

Either way, round 2 is going to be starting soon ...
(oh for f^£ks sake, eye rolling smiley bring it on)

Date: May 8, 2013 19:22

strettonbull
Normally I would agree - but that goes out the window when it's that type of nasty correspondence.

Ancient Chinese proverb says never to write when one is angry.

I agree the sender needs to take a deep breath and step back from the ledge, but as a matter of principle I would not inform the public what he had been shouting at me in private unless I had the sender's consent to do so. The sender does not wish to lose face on IORR. The day may come when sender regret the whole thing. It will be easier to move forward if it is kept private.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 03:01 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 8, 2013 20:57

StonedInTokyo
dennycranium
IF IT WERE ME releasing these shows, I would have no problem with a remaster as long as I APPROVED IT FIRST.

If it were anyone releasing anything it's obvious to me the fact of the matter is the original taper relinquishes control.

I have released uncirculated tapes in a 100% profit free manner in the past. I'm not so naive as to believe I can now dictate to the world how those recordings are to be archived, used, traded or sold. Any taper losing sleep over such concerns ought not to release their recordings until they can accept reality.

Perhaps I should clarify my statement.
Personally, I would be happy to see someone remaster a recording I put out freely.
I just understand how daspyknows feels in this situation.
Anyways, this is all moot.
Daspyknows and Strettonbull have worked things out between each other and I for one am glad that they did.
Thanks for both of you being adults about it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:33

Looking forward to San Jose! smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 21:37 by dcba.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:35

... with three MT songs played during the show!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 21:38 by dcba.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:04

Yeah, respect the tapers' wishes, don't publish private correspondence and everything will be fine. And let's face it, FileFactory is a pain to deal with if you're not a paid up member.

Hope your taping goes well daspyknows and enjoy the show!

Posted by: gingerbread ()
Date: May 9, 2013 08:24

What is exactly threatening about that message? Seems he was just mad to me, no threats

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: May 9, 2013 22:43

Since the issue is solved the thread title might as well be changed?

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 9, 2013 22:44

Britney
Since the issue is solved the thread title might as well be changed?

thumbs up

Re: Vegas Harmony
Date: May 9, 2013 23:19

winking smiley

Re: San Jose Harmony
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:14

smileys with beer

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:18

My San Jose source is up on the torrent sites for those that want it. There will be Wetransfer links shortly which is completely free to all users and is not bandwidth throttled for any users.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:25

daspyknows
My San Jose source is up on the torrent sites for those that want it. There will be Wetransfer links shortly which is completely free to all users and is not bandwidth throttled for any users.

Thanks a lot once again for sharing it!
Cheers!
smileys with beer

Date: May 10, 2013 10:33

Yes - thanks once again!

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 13, 2013 04:04

Yes thanks for sharing!

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: May 18, 2013 20:29

daspyknows

I'm having trouble with the torrent sites, can u tell me the sound quality of this show please.

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:09

So daspy wants to share his recordings online and still retain control over how they're shared? That's totally unrealistic. Once the milk's out of the bottle, there's no use crying over it. If he wants to keep his recordings private, then he should keep them locked away in the basement like some weird art collector, but don't share them on torrent sites and expect to maintain control over how they're shared.

Sorry, I appreciate tapers who share their recordings in the spirit of speeding the music, and I can see where people turning a profit off them would be maddening, but I have no sympathy for someone who turns a recording loose on the web and bitches about where it goes from there. And shows up insulting good people for making it available for free.

I'd even go so far as to call someone like that an @#$%&.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:24

Laughingsam
So daspy wants to share his recordings online and still retain control over how they're shared? That's totally unrealistic. Once the milk's out of the bottle, there's no use crying over it. If he wants to keep his recordings private, then he should keep them locked away in the basement like some weird art collector, but don't share them on torrent sites and expect to maintain control over how they're shared.

Sorry, I appreciate tapers who share their recordings in the spirit of speeding the music, and I can see where people turning a profit off them would be maddening, but I have no sympathy for someone who turns a recording loose on the web and bitches about where it goes from there. And shows up insulting good people for making it available for free.

I'd even go so far as to call someone like that an @#$%&.

Good to see you back around Sam...and in rare form...I'm still enjoying your Pittsburgh 72 redo!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 19, 2013 03:02

bump for tryin' to push on page 2 one seller who could have used one thread instead of 10 to try to sell his stuffangry smiley

HMN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home