Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

bern73
Posted by: Norbert VANEGUE ()
Date: February 19, 2013 10:32

Swiss made VGP116 and Bern'73 2nd show are recorded on 26/9 but it was first or second show ? does anyone tell me about ?

Re: bern73
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 19, 2013 13:06

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 19, 2013 23:39

Looks like Godfather are about to release the 9/26 2nd show that surfaced in full last year. Wonder which of the two sources they'll use.

Date: February 20, 2013 00:38

It's funny cos DAC was a good candidate for that release... Are they losing their touch? drinking smiley

Date: February 20, 2013 03:17

dcba
It's funny cos DAC was a good candidate for that release... Are they losing their touch? drinking smiley

Asleep at the wheel = hubris = drippy wings = SPLAT

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: February 20, 2013 06:53

dcba

Yeah, I'd been thinking that. Them or the no-label folks.

Date: February 20, 2013 10:54

Anyway that new 1973 show is red-hot! Keith probably wanted to make up for the crap show he played on the 25th...

Date: March 10, 2013 16:22

Bad news for boot collectors : Godfather completely messed up this CD : they mastered the tape at the wrong speed : it runs much too fast, about a semi-tone.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 10, 2013 21:55

Hopefully one of the multi-talented folks here on IORR will remaster it for our listening pleasure! Some of the people here produce a superior product even compared to legit releases!

Posted by: dph ()
Date: March 10, 2013 23:19

I don't think much can be done to improve it by remastering it. Haven't heard Godfather's efforts. It is what it is, as they say.

I did substitute the first 1:46 of Brown Sugar from "The Lost Bern Show" for my listening version. I think it's superior up to that point. Once this "new" recording settles down it's better.

Date: March 11, 2013 00:38

I already ordered the Godfather title and it's on the way, darn. Seems odd that they would blunder like that.

Date: March 11, 2013 16:07

I'm curious. & a total unknowing student here. Couldn't anybody tell it was running fast? I use VLC for anything that runs too fast or too slow. I know these live Stones songs & their tempos; they're imprinted in my brain.

So how could some oik from a bootleg label neuk this up? I remember Cold English Blood Runs Hot ran slow (it ran slower still when The Good Sister got hold of it - or so he told me).

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 11, 2013 17:43

If they just ripped off the William Tell Edition, it can be slowed to proper speed in Sony Soungforge...

Date: March 11, 2013 19:40

Munichhilton
If they just ripped off the William Tell Edition, it can be slowed to proper speed in Sony Soungforge...

God! The sound is AWFUL. Sonysoundforge is USD299 - VLC is free. I slowed it down to .92% & the tempo's OK. It's just the sound. Utterly foul....

Date: March 11, 2013 19:55

The Menace of Mayfair
Munichhilton

God! The sound is AWFUL. Sonysoundforge is USD299 - VLC is free. I slowed it down to .92% & the tempo's OK. It's just the sound. Utterly foul....

Damn is that what I paid for it? Well...its needed for work...and no. It did nothing to improve the sound

Date: March 11, 2013 21:38

Munich, you've got mail.

Date: March 12, 2013 00:29

DAC please help us!

Rework the original torrent (bring it to proper speed) and spread the good word (aka "expensive import CDs" ) onto the Stones worldwide fan-base.

Amen! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 13:09 by dcba.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 12, 2013 12:30

As far as I know, all of a sudden two versions appeared couple of years ago:

1.) William Tell/Judge Free

2.) RobertRMB

I think both versions run a bit fast.

Can you please tell me, which version The Godfather Records used, and did they speed this up even more?

Date: March 12, 2013 13:17

Rank I think you're right. The GF guys messed up their "Before The Affair" release cos they took the tape "as is" without checking the pitch.
Btw this CD has a "G.R. 845" tag. How can you churn out 845 (!?) titles and caring about quality... My idea is you can't and they didn't... eye rolling smiley

I checked the William Tell/Judge Free recording and indeed it runs too fast. Roughly 5% too fast with Audacity and you're good.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 19:45 by dcba.

Date: March 12, 2013 20:57

I'm gagging.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: March 12, 2013 21:17

I've been having a go at this (the Godfather release) for my own listening.

There's a couple of mp3 samples here. I can upload the full flac version if anybody wants it.

Gimme Shelter

Dancing With Mr. D

Does anyone have the William Tell version to upload ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-12 21:18 by JimmyShelter.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 12, 2013 23:08

JimmyShelter
Does anyone have the William Tell version to upload ?

Here it is: [www.hungercity.org]

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: March 12, 2013 23:34

Ah. Thanks Erik. Missed that.

Date: March 13, 2013 00:32

Robert RMB's here :
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Getting both tapes, speed-correcting them then merging them in one aural entity (ahem) that's a job for Captain A.! grinning smiley

Date: March 13, 2013 02:40

dcba
Robert RMB's here :
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Getting both tapes, speed-correcting them then merging them in one aural entity (ahem) that's a job for Captain A.! grinning smiley

But worth the trouble? Hmmmmm

Date: March 13, 2013 22:58

The RMB source is also very good. It's more vintage and muddy than the WT one but imo the thicker sound conveys the power of the music a bit better.

Ymmv but a speed-correction of minus 2.5% with Audacity will bring this RMB tape to concert pitch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home