Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Paris 25.10.2012
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 6, 2013 15:13

I listened to the raw version with VLC player, then I used VLC's EQ tool but add tons of high. It largely improves the sound... but the distortion is also more intrusive.
So I guess the person who mastered the tape for CD release didn't have an easy job and had to compromise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-06 18:08 by dcba.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 6, 2013 15:36

I don't know who said this was an IEM, but it definitely isn't.

This is an AUD recording, some audience interference make it obvious.
They are limited because it sounds to me like recorded from right in front of the speakers which explains the saturation and distorsion. The recorder had a basic recorder, or couldn't take the risk of controlling the recording levels to avoid being caught

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: February 6, 2013 16:20

Doc
I don't know who said this was an IEM, but it definitely isn't.

This is an AUD recording, some audience interference make it obvious.
They are limited because it sounds to me like recorded from right in front of the speakers which explains the saturation and distorsion. The recorder had a basic recorder, or couldn't take the risk of controlling the recording levels to avoid being caught

At first there was only speculation that an IEM was recorded, but it is now confirmed that it's the Mogardor show that was recorded via IEM stream. So let's hope the taper or the label releases the recording sooner or later.

Regarding Trabendo it was assured by various sources that this is actually an AUD recording.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-07 09:17 by henrik87.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 6, 2013 16:40

henrik87,

Thanks for your feedback. I've been confronted to some people saying the Trabendo release was going to be an IEM so I was kinda surprised by the samples.

I also hope the Mogador show will follow. Can't wait for it !

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 8, 2013 09:42

people people
please adjust the level record
so many ones with MAX recording... useless
the recording is ruined

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: February 8, 2013 10:46

I agree with 2much : an analog recording made with the levels in the red is listenable. But a "in the red" digital recording will sound positively dreadful!

But hey, better this than nothing! winking smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 8, 2013 18:45

toomuchforme
people people
please adjust the level record
so many ones with MAX recording... useless
the recording is ruined

Or just refuse to release something not up to acceptable standards.

Sounds like it was a difficult recording situation.

I have a similiar somewhat overloaded recording, from a major artist's rehearsal studio so I couldn't really release it anyway but it's nice to have and I was in no position to pull out the recorder and look at it.

Date: February 8, 2013 19:01

If the guy who owns/owned the Trabendo tape had told the Stones community he'd keep the tape to himself there would have been an uproar! "Hoarder, selfish b@stard" and so on... >grinning smiley<

PS : Dan your 2003 Staples center recording is neat! thumbs up
I hope no boot label will "borrow" it...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 8, 2013 19:19

dcba
If the guy who owns/owned the Trabendo tape had told the Stones community he'd keep the tape to himself there would have been an uproar! "Hoarder, selfish b@stard" and so on... >grinning smiley<

PS : Dan your 2003 Staples center recording is neat! thumbs up
I hope no boot label will "borrow" it...

I probably should have thought of that.

Posted by: Roel ()
Date: February 11, 2013 16:45

Who knows something abou this one ?

[www.ebay.fr]

Date: February 11, 2013 19:26

Roel

[www.ebay.fr]

Looks like it's the final product of the recording. It was said that the CD was to be released by an unknown label or as non labeled CD, which this one obviously is.

Hopefully the tape will be shared soon as the CD is finally out now.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: February 12, 2013 18:47

henrik87
Roel

[www.ebay.fr]

Looks like it's the final product of the recording. It was said that the CD was to be released by an unknown label or as non labeled CD, which this one obviously is.

Hopefully the tape will be shared soon as the CD is finally out now.
That's the one I uploaded the raw and remastered "Midnight Rambler"...

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: February 12, 2013 19:39

TOO MUCH DISTORTION BUT NICE SOUVENIR

Date: February 12, 2013 19:59

I pity the guy who bid FIFTY Euros on this one at Ebay... eye popping smiley

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 12, 2013 20:03

question for fortilix:

why do you upload only Midnight Rambler and not the entire show?

regards

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: February 12, 2013 20:38

rogerriffin
question for fortilix:

why do you upload only Midnight Rambler and not the entire show?

regards

Read the thread...
BTW to say thanx doesn't hurt (even for one track)...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 12, 2013 20:53

ok, of course its great you been shared MR at least.

well, as you say, we need to stay tuned for the upload...

thanks- you make me read! jajaja

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 12, 2013 21:02

I don't know what's all the fuzz about this release. My copy is ready for me but heavy snowfall keeps me from driving to Vienna. But as soon as I'm able to I'll upload this show here and on Hungercity. Can't understand why it's still kept away from the "public".

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 12, 2013 21:12

silkcut1978_
I don't know what's all the fuzz about this release. My copy is ready for me but heavy snowfall keeps me from driving to Vienna. But as soon as I'm able to I'll upload this show here and on Hungercity. Can't understand why it's still kept away from the "public".

thumbs up and the answer to your question is €€€ I guess...

dcba

I pity the guy who bid FIFTY Euros on this one at Ebay...
If it's a friend of the seller no big deal >grinning smiley<

HMN

Date: February 13, 2013 00:01

"If it's a friend of the seller no big deal"

Oh non Monsieur pas possible! Maybe we should bid too to help the seller? smoking smiley

There's 5 days left, can we break the 150 Euros barrier? grinning smiley

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: February 13, 2013 00:55

Honestman
silkcut1978_

No guessing, it is the answer. The guy who made the Mogador-recording is asking for 5,000 Euro. Do the math: if only a label would pay this amount they will have a) to struggle to sell 200 copies and b) the price for the CD would be EUR 25 to equal the investment, + I gues about 3 Euro for the production, +at least 5 Euro for the benefit of the producers + postage to spread it around the world + around 5 Euro for each retailer - minimum EUR 50,- I'll pay 12 - 15 for the Trabendo. It seems we're lucky enough that the Trabendo-show was sold way cheaper but they still have to fight to sell the 200 copies before it's free to download in the www.

Date: February 13, 2013 08:47

silkcut1978_
Honestman
silkcut1978_

No guessing, it is the answer. The guy who made the Mogador-recording is asking for 5,000 Euro. Do the math: if only a label would pay this amount they will have a) to struggle to sell 200 copies and b) the price for the CD would be EUR 25 to equal the investment, + I gues about 3 Euro for the production, +at least 5 Euro for the benefit of the producers + postage to spread it around the world + around 5 Euro for each retailer - minimum EUR 50,- I'll pay 12 - 15 for the Trabendo. It seems we're lucky enough that the Trabendo-show was sold way cheaper but they still have to fight to sell the 200 copies before it's free to download in the www.

5000 Euro for the Mogador show??? That is mad, isn't it? I think the price for the 97 Double Door video tape was lower than that.

Hopefully a label will buy it but for them it is very risky as most of us are downloading only.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: February 13, 2013 18:48

I have received the "Trabendo" CD.

The sound is very saturated in the bass frequencies, but it's not the fault of the taper, they sounded that way.

Musically, it's probably one of their worst shows in 50 years.

thumbs down

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: February 13, 2013 19:15

can anybody pls tell me where to get it in silver format?
if so, pls email me to silvertrain@telefonica.net
many thanks

Date: February 13, 2013 19:26

On PriceMinister and Ebay France.

price was Euros 21,99 last week on PriceMinister

Trabendo
CD Album
Réf. : 225064693 21,99 Euros
Comme Neuf > Suivi de commande

Date: February 13, 2013 21:55

LiveAtHidepark

The sound is very saturated in the bass frequencies, but it's not the fault of the taper, they sounded that way.

Makes me thing the many fan-remixes of the tape will be better than the raw boot...

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 13, 2013 22:01

LiveAtHidepark

thumbs down

it´s funny when you tape those shows where you think the bass is to heavy and the
sound is "distorted". with most good mics, the distortion is gone. those recordings
often sound much better than the show itself. but of course, in a small club, when
you are to close to the speaker, you may have no chance.

Date: February 13, 2013 22:10

falo01
LiveAtHidepark

thumbs down

it´s funny when you tape those shows where you think the bass is to heavy and the
sound is "distorted". with most good mics, the distortion is gone. those recordings
often sound much better than the show itself. but of course, in a small club, when
you are to close to the speaker, you may have no chance.

I have taped a few shows with an excellent microphone and a Sony mini-disc, and I reconize that most of them sound better than what my ears remember of the actual show. But concerning the Trabendo, believe me, you can ask other people who were there, the sound was loud and saturated.

Date: February 13, 2013 22:21

dcba
LiveAtHidepark

Makes me thing the many fan-remixes of the tape will be better than the raw boot...

Remix ? You can remix a multi-track tape, but you can't remix an audience tape, all you can do from an audience recording is a different EQing.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 13, 2013 23:15

LiveAtHidepark

Remix ? You can remix a multi-track tape, but you can't remix an audience tape, all you can do from an audience recording is a different EQing.

of course thats what dcba wanted to say.
but in this case it doesnt help a lot to EQ,
you can`t get rid of distortion.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home