Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Silvers from O2 2012
Posted by: elmod ()
Date: December 13, 2012 23:48

Kowalski, It´s great, that you have recorded the show and shared it for free. Thank you again. And it´s great, that GR released both shows as real cd with great artwork. Unfortunately all without permission of the Rolling Stones.
But, who cares????
If the Rolling Stones release these shows (or part of them) official (download, cd, dvd) i will buy it too, beyond question.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 14, 2012 00:17

elmod
Kowalski, It´s great, that you have recorded the show and shared it for free. Thank you again. And it´s great, that GR released both shows as real cd with great artwork. Unfortunately all without permission of the Rolling Stones.
But, who cares????
If the Rolling Stones release these shows (or part of them) official (download, cd, dvd) i will buy it too, beyond question.

exactly - I'm glad for every source that turns up smiling smiley

what I find a bit boring are the remasters of the remasters on Dime with careful removal of the SBE's on each (!!) track. I wonder, I always remove them every here and there and every now and then but on each and every track??? Oh my God...

Hope the uploader isn't here eye rolling smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 14, 2012 01:16

Sorry, I didn't mean to heat up the discussion. I was just pointing out something I noticed when I first listened to the samples of GF releases.

I didn't provide the recording but did the first mastering for CD of Bol's recording and posted it here for free (and was glad someone else posted it on Dime - still for free).
Because I spent hours at working on this recording I'm quite familiar with its sound. When I listened to GF samples I found a striking familiarity. That's all. Now if they used a different source that's just great.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 14, 2012 01:53

elmod
But, who cares????

We care. We care just because we're curious. It's "interesting to know"; nothing more. The new Godfather is of course very "welcome"

Kowalski isn't trying to prevent people from buying this, just because Bol's recording might have been used in the matrix

...not that I would know about that, only have lousy PC speakers right now

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-14 03:18 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 14, 2012 04:41

Erik_Snow
elmod
But, who cares????

We care. We care just because we're curious. It's "interesting to know"; nothing more. The new Godfather is of course very "welcome"

Kowalski isn't trying to prevent people from buying this, just because Bol's recording might have been used in the matrix

...not that I would know about that, only have lousy PC speakers right now

That is lousy...get with it

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 14, 2012 12:24

henrik87
They must clearly have used an IEM source to get that sound.

Absolutely! Mick should put tin foil paper on his IEM belt receptor! >grinning smiley<

Date: December 20, 2012 19:18

Bump!

Has any of you received them...?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 19:36

I heard they were sent to the dealers 2 days ago

Date: December 20, 2012 21:16

Aaaargh dealers won't have them for X-mas... grinning smiley

Date: December 20, 2012 21:20

who knows

Posted by: Rick56 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 21:21

well I'd like to know where I could get original GF's

I can never get what I want

Date: December 20, 2012 21:32

a nice rip will do for me

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 21, 2012 08:26

Are there any news on the audience recording mentioned by kees which has killer sound... according to him? It would be very nice to hear this recording... maybe even to do a Matrix with the GF release.

Posted by: frogman9 ()
Date: December 21, 2012 10:22

I thought that Aud recording had been posted on Dime ?

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: December 21, 2012 16:07

kowalski
elmod
kowalski
silkcut1978_
It sounds fantastic under my head-phones

....but it still sounds close to Bol's recording

who cares????

If I had recorded a show and had shared it for free on the internet for fans, I would hate to see someone make money with it. But maybe that's just me. And maybe I'm wrong about the source of Godfather CD's. Just at first sight I found it sounded very similar to the audience recording that was posted here a couple of weeks ago...

I suppose this was always likely to happen but better to share it with those on this board who really wanted a copy of the recording than worry about someone making money off the back of it.

Date: December 21, 2012 16:30

the release of these Cds was already announced one day after the first show,
so I doubt they didn`t record their sources on their own.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: December 21, 2012 18:39

Don't expect too much from the Trabendo show... Heard the raw tape. Enjoyable but it needs quite some work! Anyway I can confirm it exists!

Date: December 21, 2012 19:17

fortilix
Don't expect too much from the Trabendo show... Heard the raw tape. Enjoyable but it needs quite some work! Anyway I can confirm it exists!

Great news. Did you hear the IEM recording that is supposed to be released by Godfather records or the audience tape that is rumoured to be released by Crystal Cat?

Do you know if the private show at Mogador has also been recorded?

Posted by: basti ()
Date: December 22, 2012 00:04

Hy

A seller send me a Track ...
So i have i wanna be your man

On my iphone speaker The Sound is clear, tomorrow evening i hear These again on my bose Sound System

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: December 22, 2012 13:34

Don't know who will release this show. Been told might not be on CD but some other old fashion media...

Date: December 22, 2012 15:03

Vinyl? Urgh...

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: December 22, 2012 15:36

Date: January 10, 2013 17:39

Has anyone heard the new Empress Valley release of both London shows? It's called 2 Days Hurricane and is supposed to be better sounding than the Godfather releases.

The tracklist and track separation is the same as on Godfathers release so it might just be a remaster by them. But on the other hand Empress Valley released some nice and different sources for other shows in past.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: January 10, 2013 20:54

henrik87
Has anyone heard the new Empress Valley release of both London shows? It's called 2 Days Hurricane and is supposed to be better sounding than the Godfather releases.

The tracklist and track separation is the same as on Godfathers release so it might just be a remaster by them. But on the other hand Empress Valley released some nice and different sources for other shows in past.

have you more Infos or a Link ...

Date: January 10, 2013 22:46

Here you can see more details on this Release.

[www.beastones.com]

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 11, 2013 17:20

THe Godfather O2 discs have shown up on Ebay..

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 11, 2013 17:23

It will be great to hear if EVSD is really better. Godfather sounds fine except maybe Charlie is too quiet...

Date: January 11, 2013 17:38

Munichhilton
It will be great to hear if EVSD is really better. Godfather sounds fine except maybe Charlie is too quiet...

it can easily be better with some EQ or a better AUD source in addition.
on the other side, EV once released some 1981 setreo SBDs which turned out to be only faked mono versions with a small delay in one channel.
so I don't expect a sensation but I'm curious.

Date: January 11, 2013 18:24

And the cheap price tag (3800 Yen) makes me think it's a straight knock-off off the European title...

Empress Valley's heart (and wallet) is in these expensive Led Zep SB tapes releases : they ask huge amounts of money for atrociously bad shows...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-11 18:27 by dcba.

Date: January 11, 2013 18:28

falo01
Munichhilton

it can easily be better with some EQ or a better AUD source in addition.
on the other side, EV once released some 1981 setreo SBDs which turned out to be only faked mono versions with a small delay in one channel.
so I don't expect a sensation but I'm curious.

The tracklist being identical to the Godfather release also indicates this. Hopefully some other audience sources will be released? I think DAC must have taped the shows. And kees was also talking about an excellent aud. source which might be released on silvers.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home