Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 26
Re: Post Label / Publisher "Dog 'n' Cat"
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 27, 2018 17:08

(deleted, see below!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 21:19 by midnrambler.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: January 27, 2018 17:13

I'll Bite and thanks

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 27, 2018 19:31

midnrambler
Don't know if I should have posted this here.
This is NOT a genuine DAC release. This is rather how DAC-048 should have been. Because the original DAC-048 has some ugly flaws:
Rio: Cut in Midnight Rambler around 6:10 (about 1 minute missing), and before Rough Justice ("It's a boogie-woogie").
Buenos Aires: Missing intro and band introduction; they used the versions with the Argentinian radio speaker for Shattered and Start Me Up.
Absolutely Mindblowing And Complete: [we.tl]

Thanks a lot for your efforts in upgrading this DAC bootleg midnrambler, it's much appreciated! thumbs up

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: January 27, 2018 21:36

thanks

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 28, 2018 11:34

Thanks for the upgrade for DAC-048

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 28, 2018 12:51

stonesmuziekfan
Thanks for the upgrade for DAC-048

Appaling shows though (imho). The best strings of 2017 top these two from 2006.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 28, 2018 12:56

midnrambler
This is NOT a genuine DAC release. This is rather how DAC-048 should have been. Because the original DAC-048 has some ugly flaws:
Rio: Cut in Midnight Rambler around 6:10 (about 1 minute missing), and before Rough Justice ("It's a boogie-woogie").
Buenos Aires: Missing intro and band introduction; they used the versions with the Argentinian radio speaker for Shattered and Start Me Up.

Are you sure these embarrassing errors are on the original DAC? Hoffmann wrote nothing about these. Or did you just download it anywhere?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 12:57 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 28, 2018 15:27

midnrambler

Hi,
I check my version of DAC 042 and they're no these flaws!
I can make an upload if you want!
anyway lots of thanks for all your uploads!
Norbert

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 28, 2018 16:00

I download the Vault version and I check it: it's good too (without errors)

Date: January 28, 2018 16:39

StonyRoad
midnrambler

Hi,
Norbert

I couldn't imagine that DAC - by far the best Stones bootleg label ever - does embarrassing mistakes like this. I think it's always a problem if there are releases being reviewed that the reviewing person doesn’t have in hand! Reviews should only be made by persons who OWN the original release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 17:22 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 28, 2018 20:11

Deleted. I do not want to discuss with people who always know everything better.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 22:09 by midnrambler.

Date: January 29, 2018 09:00

midnrambler
Deleted. I do not want to discuss with people who always know everything better.

Means the problem is not your big, but extremely sloopy "Check Review" but DAC and me?

Date: January 29, 2018 11:52

DAC-183 : Hyde Park'69 (again).

Date: January 29, 2018 12:34

Who needs another Hyde Park variation? We need a DEFINITIVE EDITION but this one isn't it too as it seems.

Date: January 29, 2018 15:18

Monsoon Ragoon
Who needs another Hyde Park variation?
[iorr.org]

Mainly : "I just saw that those idiot(s) from DAC will release a new Hyde Park 1969 2CD set using (stealing) the WLIR 1979 broadcast that I uploaded here on IORR some months ago. But that version was just a first attempt of recreating the WLIR broadcast and it turned out to be very wrong (wrong order of tracks and comments, incomplete comments), in other words, it was just crap.
Btw, I have later uploaded the correct WLIR broadcast on EL (but it's gone since the big crash)."

Hence the 2 versions...

Date: January 29, 2018 16:16

dcba
Monsoon Ragoon
Who needs another Hyde Park variation?
[iorr.org]

Mainly : "I just saw that those idiot(s) from DAC will release a new Hyde Park 1969 2CD set using (stealing) the WLIR 1979 broadcast that I uploaded here on IORR some months ago. But that version was just a first attempt of recreating the WLIR broadcast and it turned out to be very wrong (wrong order of tracks and comments, incomplete comments), in other words, it was just crap.
Btw, I have later uploaded the correct WLIR broadcast on EL (but it's gone since the big crash)."

Hence the 2 versions...

Okay. But I think DAC folks are not at all "idiots". Normally they produce the best version of a certain tape or gig. I wonder what's the reason for the obviously (I don't have the thing) ill-fated release of 2016. Great would be a sort of "definitive edition" with all important tapes, maybe something like the 4cd of Oakland II.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 29, 2018 17:17

Quique-stone
midnrambler

Thanks a lot for your efforts in upgrading this DAC bootleg midnrambler, it's much appreciated! thumbs up

This made me curious and I downloaded DAC's Rio from the Stones Vault, and the flaws are right there where midnrambler told us...

Date: January 29, 2018 17:48

Rank Stranger
Quique-stone
midnrambler

This made me curious and I downloaded DAC's Rio from the Stones Vault, and the flaws are right there where midnrambler told us...

The problems are on the DOWNLOAD but probably not on the original CD set. DAC doesn't make serious mistakes.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: January 29, 2018 17:51

Monsoon Ragoon
StonyRoad
midnrambler

Hi,
Norbert

I couldn't imagine that DAC - by far the best Stones bootleg label ever - does embarrassing mistakes like this. I think it's always a problem if there are releases being reviewed that the reviewing person doesn’t have in hand! Reviews should only be made by persons who OWN the original release.

In case you missed it midnrambler does own each original dac....he scanned all the artwork from every dac and upped it here....he also has supplied us with several of the titles here......the guy is a stones expert and knows the history of virtually every stones boot known to man.....do some research before you blast someone who has given us so much over the years.....THANK YOU MIDNRAMBLER for all you do!

Date: January 29, 2018 18:34

mjmjr
Monsoon Ragoon
StonyRoad
midnrambler

Hi,
Norbert

In case you missed it midnrambler does own each original dac....he scanned all the artwork from every dac and upped it here....he also has supplied us with several of the titles here......the guy is a stones expert and knows the history of virtually every stones boot known to man.....do some research before you blast someone who has given us so much over the years.....THANK YOU MIDNRAMBLER for all you do!

Are those mentioned mistakes on the original DAC or not? I don't know what to believe. I don't have it. By the way, my intention is not to "blast" somebody. Not even somebody who judges very harshly himself about other persons/bootleg producers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-29 18:37 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: January 29, 2018 22:11

I quote:
"I couldn't imagine that DAC - by far the best Stones bootleg label ever - does embarrassing mistakes like this. I think it's always a problem if there are releases being reviewed that the reviewing person doesn’t have in hand! Reviews should only be made by persons who OWN the original release."
I quote again:
Are those mentioned mistakes on the original DAC or not? I don't know what to believe. I don't have it. By the way, my intention is not to "blast" somebody. Not even somebody who judges very harshly himself about other persons/bootleg producers.
Interesting !!!
(I quoted messages from: Moonsoon Ragoon (Vincenz Kaiser)
Tons of thanks to midnrambler who shares with us !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-29 22:18 by hj3009.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: January 29, 2018 22:14

In case you missed it midnrambler does own each original dac....he scanned all the artwork from every dac and upped it here....he also has supplied us with several of the titles here......the guy is a stones expert and knows the history of virtually every stones boot known to man.....do some research before you blast someone who has given us so much over the years.....THANK YOU MIDNRAMBLER for all you do![/quote]

Plus one! Thanx Midnramblersmileys with beer

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: January 29, 2018 22:19

Just in case I was misunderstood:
I quote:
"I couldn't imagine that DAC - by far the best Stones bootleg label ever - does embarrassing mistakes like this. I think it's always a problem if there are releases being reviewed that the reviewing person doesn’t have in hand! Reviews should only be made by persons who OWN the original release."
I quote again:
Interesting !!!
(I quoted messages from: Moonsoon Ragoon (Vincenz Kaiser) kaiser.vincenz@gmail.com
Tons of thanks to midnrambler who shares with us !
Cheers
Hervé

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 14:45 by hj3009.

Date: January 30, 2018 11:47

I did not really want to participate at this discussion anymore, but one last time to make it clear: I have the original silver pressed 4 CD set of DAC-048 and the flaws are there on the original silver pressed 4 CD set of DAC-048 as I described it. DAC is unfortunately by far no longer that great label it used to be (especially as it still was VGP).

Date: January 30, 2018 21:56

midnrambler
I did not really want to participate at this discussion anymore, but one last time to make it clear: I have the original silver pressed 4 CD set of DAC-048 and the flaws are there on the original silver pressed 4 CD set of DAC-048 as I described it. DAC is unfortunately by far no longer that great label it used to be (especially as it still was VGP).

Well, then I have to apologize. I misunderstood something. These threads here are very confusing. Too many crazy people!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-31 21:30 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 31, 2018 00:33

hj3009
Just in case I was misunderstood:

Tons of thanks to midnrambler who shares with us!

You weren't misunderstood at all!

+1 from this corner of the world! Thanks for sharing your stuff all over the years midnrambler! thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: January 31, 2018 17:55

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-31 17:56 by 999.

Date: February 3, 2018 18:49

You could already download the newest DAC months before its release...
here: [iorr.org]
and here: [iorr.org]
The links have however expired now...

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 3, 2018 18:57

The least they could do is send you a free copy...cool smiley

Date: February 4, 2018 04:08

Rank Stranger
The least they could do is send you a free copy...cool smiley

I've said that many times! thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home