Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your favorite paris 1976 show?
Posted by: marko ()
Date: June 5, 2012 20:51

I think mine is 2nd day,listenin it now,great show for 1976 standard.

Re: Your favorite paris 1976 show?
Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:43

My favorite would probaly be 9th June, through 7th isn't bad either. Soundwise I would say June 6 is the worst. I don't understand why that one became so well-known, despite the fact that Keith's son died the same day...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-18 18:55 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2012 12:30

The 9th June show took place in Lyon... grinning smiley

To answer Marko's question imho none of the Paris shows are that good. Compare them to some German shows and you quickly realize the band/Keith sounds tired and slow.
Those who hung around backstage reported years later it was a drug supemarket : all the drug dealers of Paris hd gathered there. Not very conducive to great shows imo.

They probably used these shows for LYL because that's all they had from 76 that was pro-recorded (along with the London gigs which are even worse).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-07 12:37 by dcba.

Posted by: richardsberry ()
Date: June 8, 2012 19:47

Mine is 06-06-76 !
Ron never played a better solo than on Hot Stuff that day !

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 8, 2012 22:18

dcba
They probably used these shows for LYL because that's all they had from 76 that was pro-recorded (along with the London gigs which are even worse).

You know that many more shows were pro-recorded, the bootleggers just didn't get their hands on them. Most of these soundboard bootlegs are stolen tapes taken from the montior disk.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-09 00:14 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 9, 2012 00:05

Most of these bootlegs are aud tapes made from the audience. And I do wonder if the Stones have any of the German shows in their vaults... and that's too bad cos there was some fine playing in Germany.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 9, 2012 06:45

The 6th of June show in Paris is one of the best of the European tour.
You have these great versions of Hot Stuff, Hand of Fate, @#$%&, You Can't Always Get..., Happy, Brown Sugar, Jumping Jack Flash, Street Fighting Man with an excellent Ron Wood.

Posted by: richardsberry ()
Date: June 9, 2012 13:26

dcba
Most of these bootlegs are aud tapes made from the audience. And I do wonder if the Stones have any of the German shows in their vaults... and that's too bad cos there was some fine playing in Germany.

Man, i didn't mean Ron was excellent during all show ! But he's kind of magic on "hot Stuff", surfing on the groove with a lot of melodic inspiration he never had after ... specilly his low notes are so feeled ! i really dig it! IMO this is the only solo makin me not missing taylor !

Date: June 10, 2012 00:38

My studied opinion of 75 & 76 is that all the gigs were uneven, w/the exception of 75 (Seattle - I was there, LA &c.). Some tunes rocked whilst the rest of the set suffered. 75 was too long, just about 2 hrs, nearly an hour filled w/sludge. 76 they were just not into it. You can blame ennui, drugs... but sometimes there's more than enthusiasm req'd - like millions of euros & two+ months of sold out shows.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: stoneslive ()
Date: June 18, 2012 01:32

It would be really great that they release "oficially" at least one of these Paris 76 shows on the StonesArchive site. Let´s cross our fingers!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 18, 2012 21:49

What I DO love about any decent sounding boot is that you can hear the band as they sounded and played. I remember being so disappointed when I read (on this site) how many classic 'live' albums were so overdubbed and/or weren't live at all or weren't recorded when/where they were purported to be.

All the warts are there....from a guitar dropping out of the live mix, to forgotten lyrics to how on fire (or not) the band was at that moment.

I love the Paris recordings simply because they document the band at that moment...raw. I have seen a DVD of one show, and they are sloppy, Jagger is off, but it is who they were. I would much rather have that than taking parts of songs from other shows, overdubbing Mick's mistakes and re-recording guitar parts.

Posted by: DocAndCat ()
Date: June 21, 2012 19:37

Hi
Thanks for your file
I'm looking for 'Next Exit Philadelphia' philly july 21 1st in audience (SnB part not request)

Thanks again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home