Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New tarantura "Live666" The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Blondie03 ()
Date: May 21, 2012 17:06

Tarantura just released The Rolling Stones Live 666. Featuring a new tape source for the June 6th, 1976 Paris show, it is the label’s first Stones title in almost five years.

More informations??

Of course we have DAC 009 "Live in Paris 1976" as "original soundboard recording".

Blondie

Re: New tarantura "Live666" The Rolling Stones
Posted by: gsparaco ()
Date: May 22, 2012 06:10

I'll post a review on my site as soon as I get it. But, according to the label, it is a new audience recording. The front cover says "Mabo Records Present" which indicates it's from the same taper who recorded several Eric Clapton shows in Japan in 1990, 1993, 2003 and, most recently, the November 17th, 2011 Clapton / Winwood show in Sapporo. If it is, it should be very good sound quality.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 22, 2012 09:21

gsparaco
I'll post a review on my site as soon as I get it. But, according to the label, it is a new audience recording. The front cover says "Mabo Records Present" which indicates it's from the same taper who recorded several Eric Clapton shows in Japan in 1990, 1993, 2003 and, most recently, the November 17th, 2011 Clapton / Winwood show in Sapporo. If it is, it should be very good sound quality.

please post a link to your site.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 22, 2012 10:34

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 22, 2012 11:11

It's probably this one:

[www.hungercity.org]

Another one stolen from a torrent.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 22, 2012 11:37

Or (hopefully) this one :
[www.hungercity.org]

Yeah the claim that "the taper is the same one who recorded several Clapton shows in Japan in the nineties. Looks like he really gets around…." is COMPLETE bs.

But hey that's business as usual for our "friends" at CMR! smoking smiley

The Tarantura guys most probably stole the new June 6 tape shared at HC, and "remastered" it... read "add insane levels of amplification to the music to make it sound ugly metallic and distorted". Takes 15 minutes to do this with a computer...

That's one of TR's trademarks : they consistently destroy all the great Mr. Peach tapes they lay their hands on. eye rolling smiley

Get the genuine undamaged article for free at Hungercity!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-22 11:41 by dcba.

Posted by: gsparaco ()
Date: May 23, 2012 06:00

But hey that's business as usual for our "friends" at CMR!

Why do I bother with iorr.org?

What exactly is your accusation? That I lie about sources? What is it?

I am judging by what I read on the front cover. If it's not what it says it is, I'll say so. I am at a disadvantage, however, because I do not download tapes so I have no way to compare Tarantura to what is on Hunger City.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-23 06:02 by gsparaco.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 2, 2012 12:20

"I do not download tapes so I have no way to compare Tarantura to what is on Hunger City"
You don't know what you're missing, my dear! >grinning smiley<

And I just read your (rather bland and boring) review of this new TR title and I was pleased to notice that this time you didn't mention TR's bs about the origin of the tape.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 2, 2012 13:35

gsparaco

Thanks alot,thumbs up as Stonesmuziekfan says, can you post a link to your site ? thanks............

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 2, 2012 16:32

midnrambler
It's probably this one:

[www.hungercity.org]

Another one stolen from a torrent.

Agreed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home