Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Real Alternate Album - factory defects
Posted by: Patrick1981nl ()
Date: May 10, 2012 01:16

I Agree. he told me that if this release also had problems I could come back

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 10, 2012 01:27

Good for you.

My problem is I bought my boxes, Brussels and Hampton, on the record fair in Utrecht. I know who the seller is, but I can't proof I bought it there. And if I wait for the next Fair in november it's to long ago. So I'm ..., you know what I mean.

Date: May 10, 2012 01:36

I totally understand your frustration. The @#$%& up thing about the Record fair in Utrecht is they don't give receipts... and the people who sell things see so many faces that they can't tell for sure if you bought it there... I read that Brussels only has one track with problems. But Still we expect to buy bootlegs in perfect condition wich in our cases isn't true

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 10, 2012 01:59

Just a couple of thoughts on this.
Firstly, although I'm no expert, I believe that cutting a record is an art in itself which is why someone like George "Porky" Peckham's "Prime Cuts" are so admired.
He cut Led Zep's fourth album which featured John Bonham's thunderous drums on "When The Levee Breaks".
It has been commented by more than one listener that these new archive releases have been "brickwalled" by Bob Clearmountain, ie mixed very loud.
As I understand it, a loud recording requires deeper grooves in order to stop the stylus skipping and, judging by some of the complaints here, these records have not been cut with any great due diligence.
"Porky" himself explains it better here at about 6:30:

If a vinyl record has not been cut and mastered properly it will always skip no matter how many time you change it.

Secondly, these records are not bootlegs but rather they are pirates, ie illegal copies of legitimately available products, in much the same way that a fake Rolex watch is.
It might look nice on your wrist but, if it doesn't tell the time properly, it's no use at all. If you bought one and it didn't work would you expect a replacement that did?
It would seem that these records, although beautifully packaged, are only designed to look good on your shelf and to make money for the people who produce them.
As the saying goes, "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware).

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: May 11, 2012 04:22

After the Drama with Both hampton boxes and The Exile box I could trade them for The Real Alternate Dirty Work. All Records sound great and i love the tracks even though people say it's their worst album... DW was cheaper but i Arranged a € 20,- discount on my next bootleg purchasesmiling smiley. For those who bought bad condition boxes on a record fair or elsewhere... I truly hope a good solution will appear for you guys. I truly do!!

I Hope we can help eachother here for giving info about future Releases from RTR

Date: May 11, 2012 18:24

That's a good solution! Dirty Work has great outtakes!thumbs up

Date: May 12, 2012 20:38

It sure as hell has!!! I wonder how an official version of Crushed Pearl, Treat me Like A Fool, Some Of Us Are On Our Knees or I Want Nobody Else would have sounded like.

Date: May 13, 2012 13:14

It always looked like to me, that the best songs didn't make the album. Strange!

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 3, 2012 20:03

I've seen some sets labelled as Upgrades (Hampton Upgrade for example)

Is that the general title anyway or does this mean they've fixed the problems with a decent re-press?

Date: July 7, 2012 15:04

With "upgrade" they just mean the new down load version.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 7, 2012 16:54

GJV
With "upgrade" they just mean the new down load version.

Cool, thanks for the info. This is what I assumed.
Shame they messed these up, they look so damm cool!

Date: July 11, 2012 20:08

I recently visted my supplier and L.A. Friday was the new version It had a sticker on it that said Good Quality Guaranteed (or something in that way)... We both had to Laugh about it and looked at eachother asking the same thing. Is this one gonna be a good release.... Anyway I don't have this bootleg yet so I wonder does anyone have this one and can he or she share some info with us smiling smiley Just saw Tokyo 1990 show up @ stonesarchive so that will be the next release

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: July 11, 2012 20:17

Patrick1981nl
I recently visted my supplier and L.A. Friday was the new version It had a sticker on it that said Good Quality Guaranteed (or something in that way)... We both had to Laugh about it and looked at eachother asking the same thing. Is this one gonna be a good release.... Anyway I don't have this bootleg yet so I wonder does anyone have this one and can he or she share some info with us smiling smiley Just saw Tokyo 1990 show up @ stonesarchive so that will be the next release

This LA-boot is in fact one of the better ones. A few songs have some disturbing signal on vinyl (Tumbling Dice, Wild Horses and one or two others) but that's it. An excellent release in comparsion with the usual RTR-output.

BUT - the next release is/was in fact "Cosmic Christmas - Another Real Alternate Satanic Majesties" and this one is absolutely free of errors.

And I'm sure you're right - Tokyo 1990 will be the next (at least after "Cosmic Christmas").

btw - when I got my copy of LA I've been told something like "now we have a sticker that says "Satisfaction Guaranteed" on it cause it's free of errors this time...but could do me a favour and listen closely to it if it's really true?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 20:24 by silkcut1978_.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: July 11, 2012 23:23

Patrick1981nl
I have this release with the sticker, unfortunately on one cd there is between Heartbreaker and IORR a 2 second gap (CD). Vinyl seems okay.

edit: no errors on the unnumbered DAC-Releases "Hampton" and "Brussel" smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 23:27 by elmod.

Date: October 9, 2012 18:38

Does anybody know if there is a Tokyo'90 box released... and if so.. how is the quality?

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: October 10, 2012 13:08

carlostones10 () Why did you remove the videos ?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home