Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Real Alternate Album - factory defects
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 18, 2012 14:46

Sorry if was posted before...

Some issues of the collection Real Alternate Album have factory defects. Hampton is just ruined but the record of the box sets Brussels and Exile on Main St. have problem, too.

You can watch video of Hampton here: [www.stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com.br]

I hope you don´t have the same problem or the seller return the money or resend the item in good conditions.

ps.: I bought a new needle and the prtoblem really is a factory problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 15:56 by carlostones10.

Re: Real Alternate Album - factory defects
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 18, 2012 16:29

...which makes me even more believe that this crap comes from WLR...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: April 18, 2012 17:58

i always thought all those "real alternate" boxes are shit, never worths any dollar cost, all the content we already have in good bootlegs!

Date: April 18, 2012 18:10

The first 13 releases were ok. But the last 3 are so bad. Hampton is embarasing.

I hope the sellers return money, send new box sets with good conditions or send other itens to choose the bad box sets.

Please, who had the same problem let us know. I don´t know if all box sets have defect but I know a good number of boxes have defect.

I will try to resolve my problem with a good conversation. I would hate to divulge the sellers names because I know we have here a factory problem, But sadly we don´t buy anything of the factory but we buy of the sellers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 18:10 by carlostones10.

Date: April 18, 2012 18:12

Date: April 18, 2012 18:13

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 18, 2012 20:33

André, I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with the last 3 boxes.
I hope you can understand me much better with what I experienced last year with you know well who!
Best wishes to you and hope you can solve your problem soon.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 18, 2012 21:04

I did buy Brussels and Hampton last weekend too, but didn't get them out of the seal yet. Is it with all the records from beginning to the end, or just two or three times? I bought them on a record fair, so I can't return them.

Date: April 18, 2012 21:49

GJV, Hampton is 100% ruined. Brussels some tracks are ruined but you will can listen some others tracks.
The problem is we all collectors have a lot of stuff to listen and to watch and sometimes we need to wait a long time until listen de records.

If you all post about your experience we have a chance of receive our money back. We are talking about around 400 euros in my case.

Date: April 18, 2012 21:51

Thank you, Quique-stone.

Date: April 18, 2012 21:53

Obrigado!
You are right about posting our experiences with adquired stuff, that can sometimes help and be useful for others!
Good luck André! thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 21:56 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: April 18, 2012 22:10

carlostones10
Sorry if was posted before...

Some issues of the collection Real Alternate Album have factory defects. Hampton is just ruined but the record of the box sets Brussels and Exile on Main St. have problem, too.

You can watch video of Hampton here: [www.stonesplanetbrazil.blogspot.com.br]

I hope you don´t have the same problem or the seller return the money or resend the item in good conditions.

ps.: I bought a new needle and the prtoblem really is a factory problem.

I have Brussels, Hampton & Exile from RTR. I never tried to play these vinyls, because the music source is digital so it's just like listening to a CD with additional crackles !!!

Because of your post, I played Hampton, and I have the same problems as you. I tried to have only 0,5 grammes of pressure instead of 1,5 grammes, there is less jumps, but it remains unlistenable. I have not played Exile & Brussels.

When I received the Exile box, I've had problems with the last song of the 3rd CD. So, I tried to extract that song on my computer, impossible, too. I don't know if it's only MY cd wich is dead or ALL 3rd CD's from this boxed set. Am I the only one ?

I will never buy a Red Tongue Record again. Never. Of course, impossible to send back to seller.

Carlostones, thank for pointing this problem. And to all other collectors, be very carefull with these boxed sets.

Date: April 18, 2012 22:18

I think we all need to do something. If your seller don´t send the money back or not find a good solution let us know. Post his name or his store name here.

Of course the sellers need find a solution.

I will try to resolve my problem with the sellers because I know they are correct persons. I hope don´t have a disappointment... Man, I paid around 400 euros for 3 box sets. It´s many money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 22:19 by carlostones10.

Date: April 18, 2012 22:45

One of my sellers said he can´t return money and can´t send the same box sets... but he will send me 2 box sets when we have somethin avaliable. Ok. It´s a solution.... if we talk with our sellers we can find solutions for all. But we can´t have the prejudice.

Please, you all let us know about your experience.

Date: April 18, 2012 23:05

First seller: he will send me 2 new releases when he has something avaliable. Ok. Good solution.

Second Seller: I will choose other itens in her store and he will send me. Ok. Good solution.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: April 18, 2012 23:17

carlostones10
I think we all need to do something. If your seller don´t send the money back or not find a good solution let us know. Post his name or his store name here.

Uh, be carefull, when you buy this kind of records, YOU KNOW what YOU'RE bying so you can't post the name of the seller ! The fault is on the people behing Red Tongue Records, not seller's fault.

I also bought the OFFICIAL Rolling Stones Records boxed-set with those 45 CD singles, and there is a mastering problem on "Think I'm Going Mad". And what can I do ? ALL theses official boxes have the same problem, there is nothing you can do. The Rolling Stones themselves don't care about the quality. 140 euros !

All I can do is never buy Red Tongue Records in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 23:19 by LiveAtHidepark.

Date: April 18, 2012 23:43

Dear friend.

If you buy a TV in a store and the TV has defect the store change the tv or return money. If you buy a record in a store and the record don´t work the store change the item or return money.... it´s same in any place.

It´s a simple question of buyer/seller.

We don´t buy anything of Red Tongue Records. We buy of sellers, stores... of course the sellers and stores need to compensate their customers.

If you pay something and the product don´t work you can´t accept. well, it´s your life you can accept but I don´t accept. I don´t accept pay an item and it don´t work. I think a lot of people don´t accept, neither.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-19 00:43 by carlostones10.

Date: April 18, 2012 23:56

ah,

Just read

First seller: he will send me 2 new releases when he has something avaliable. Ok. Good solution.

Second Seller: I will choose other itens in her store and he will send me. Ok. Good solution.

Why? because i am right... of course.

Or do you think we can pay 400 euros, the records don´t work and we accept? please, friend!

Date: April 19, 2012 17:22

OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM STONES PLANET BRAZIL
TO SELLERS AND STORES

All sellers and stores who sold the Stones Real Alternate box sets with factory problems need to compensate all your customers. We all will not to accept pay and don´t receive the product in good conditons.
The stores and sellers are responsable about your sales.

We want buy bootlegs again but we want receive serious products. We will not accept theft!

STONES PLANET BRAZIL EDITOR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-19 17:38 by carlostones10.

Posted by: lippmann ()
Date: April 21, 2012 10:31

hey from frankfurt,
as a guy, who collect this shit since 72, ican say, i am happy that i didnt get them, these labels are known for that problems.i wish i could turn back time, hearing from a friend that there was a pay tv show, buying 3 month later adouble cassette on portobello market, wringin it out, gettin a single lp with 35 minutes of it half a year later and be absolutely happy. listening with all my friends,drinkin beer, smokin a few joints, we all needed that,allright!
today, you buy a little expensive box with 14 hours of music on it and a 2 hour film and you couldnt get that satisfaction anymore.
the reason for this in my opinion is that it is all toooooo much!toooomuch!!
ps,when i see them for half the price, i buy them anyway, greetings!
ps2 never heard of a bring back guarantee from bootleggers, not in this life.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 21, 2012 19:42

I bought the some girls one and the red vinyl had a huge chunk of black vinyl in the pressing, it was so ragged it clearly wasn't going to play so I got shot of it.
Big waste of money, but I guess it was the price of an education.

Posted by: mksell ()
Date: April 23, 2012 14:11

I have all the Alternate Boxes.

Had problems with the last two of them (Brussels and Hampton)

Brussels have one skip in the first track of Lp2 side 2.

Hampton - LP1 and LP2 are almost impossible to listen due to many skips during the playback.

It is, no doubts, a press problem.

Date: April 28, 2012 18:10

I'm now playing Hampton:

LP1 side 1&2 are not listenable so bad.
LP2 side 1 is reasonable, side 2 is worse, but not so bad as the first LP.
LP3 side 1 I'm now listening to: so far so good.....

Date: April 28, 2012 19:45

LP3 side 2 is good
LP4 side 1 is bad again (I stopped listening)
LP4 side 2 is also good.

Posted by: Patrick1981nl ()
Date: May 9, 2012 00:13

I bought my Hampton 1981 Upgrade in a record Store in The Hague (Netherlands)
My first copy 598 of 600 was a complete disaster. LP 1 & 2 were both unplayable. The hickups were driving me insane and the only record I could play was LP4 side 8. Today I went back to my Record store and told him about my problem. I got a new copy 471 of 600. Happy as a little child in a candystore I came home and put the first record on my pick-up. Same problem wich i had with the other version. LP 3 Side 6 and Lp4 Side 8 are the only ones i could listen without hick-ups.

I'm going back to my record store again tomorrow morning and try to get my money back. He's got Undercover and Dirty work from Red Tongue Records as well but at the moment I'm not taking the risks of buying them for my bootleg collection

Greeting From the Netherlands.

Patrick

Date: May 9, 2012 01:02

Patrick, go tomorrow and ask for your money back! Sorry to hear your experience but glad this site was helpful to you! Welcome on board and enjoy your stay!

Date: May 9, 2012 22:49

I went back today to my shop and returned my Box. I didn't quite got my money back. The shop owner gave me The Alternate Exile in return. Sale prize € 150. I paid € 120 for hampton. He already sold 1 copy of This Exile box. and that person didn't came back. I'm now listening to it and for what i can say

LP 1 both sides are Terrible. Every track contains multiple hick-ups
LP 2 also has hick-ups on track 1 of side 3 and track 1,2 and 4 of side 4
LP 3 tracks 1,2 and 4 of side 5 contain hick-ups track 1,2 and 3 of side 6 too
LP 4 Side 7 is entirely unlistenable side 8 track 1 has hick-ups.
Lp 5 Side 9 is great Side 10 Track 1,2 contain hick-ups
LP 6 Side 11 track 1,3 and 4 contain hick-ups. Side 12 completely unlistenable.

As for the CD set... Disc 3 can't be copied because it's nmore than 80 minutes.

Can anyone tell me something about the quality for the Undercover and/or Dirty Work Box set from Red Tongue Records?

Date: May 10, 2012 00:41

That's realy sad, man!
If a shop sells you stuff, which don't work, they have to take it back, that's the right of every customer here in Holland and probably in most countries.

If he don't want to give your money back, maybe you have to play it a little harder. You can always say that otherwise you are gonna inform Stichting Brein (Dutch organisation who's searching for piracy/illegal cd's etc) that he's selling not autorised stuff. Don't think he's gonna like that!

Date: May 10, 2012 00:59

I know this guy for quite a long time. He's a former employee from Playland Records In Delft. The Shop doesn't excist anymore. He sold me some great stuff in the past. But now with the Red Tongue Records Releases It's sort of bad luck. Both boxsets were sealed and when it comes down to vinyl... Factory Defects can't be blamed on the retailer. They must be blamed by those who pressed/produced it. In this case Red Tongue Records are to blame. They brought out 600 boxes (1800 of the last 3 releases) wich are actually useless/worthless!!! Even though the cd's were in good condition That's not a reason I wanna keep that box. I'm a vinyl lover and I wouldn't care to pay € 120,- for a 4 lp, 3 cd and 1 dvd9 box set. But I Only wanna pay that money if the condition of the whole box is perfect. 4 worthless lp's or in the Exile box 6 lp's is a waste of money.

I think it would be fair if Red Tongue would test their stuff before releasing it.

I'm not entirely sure but I think They didn't used 180 grams Vinyl. Most of my records are 180 grams and never had any problems.

Date: May 10, 2012 01:06

He sells it, so it's his responsibility.
He has to take it back, period.
You have personaly nothing to do with the label, that's his problem, not yours.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home