Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Brand New Captain Acid Outtakes `68-`72 REMASTER at Hunger City
Posted by: Fritz4You ()
Date: March 23, 2012 20:04

Thanks a lot for the important upload.

Juergen

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: March 24, 2012 01:27

@...On the cover art you says "from Performance movie session", but this is a STONES take. Yeah, Mr D have put it as the song was to be used in the Performance, but not that it is that version. Like that, any session with that song was a session for Performance movie.But since artwork department belongs to Mr D, he may explain better what he has meant.

Maybe one of you encyclopedic fans can help clear something up for me... Which version is this:

Memo From Turner (alt version)

I did a "complete history of the stones" project (for personal use) a few months ago and ended up with this version. I can tell I remastered it, but have no clue about which bootleg/source I pulled it off of.

edit: I just searched my HD & think it's from "Genuine Black Box" [Scorpion], CD3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-24 01:32 by Laughingsam.

Posted by: MisterDee ()
Date: March 24, 2012 04:21

Hey Laughingsam, i'm also doing The Complete Stones History, album by album, with singles, alternate takes and outtakes, and i'm doing it for two years now, hope i'll finish it by the end of the 'anniversary' year. The most fun for me is the redesign of the original sleeves and packages for each CD (everyone of us has his own trip, that's the whole fun in it).
I've downloaded your "Memo" and found out that is the Metamorphosis version, some raw mix (well, not mix, but some kind of remaster). The same version is on Invasion "Olympic Rec. Session" which Captain Acid wanted to use for "Sticky Beggars...", but we agreed to use the alternate 'Stones' version, that appears on 'On The Rocks' & 'Trident Demos', because it is recorded at the same session as Metamorphosis version, probably one after another, they are too similar, just slightly different (the same thing as 'Jiving Sister Fanny' boot & Metamorph vers)
So if you are doing a complete history of the Stones, you better use the Metamorphosis vinyl rip version of 'Memo', because the version you uploaded is the same take. I did it that way as a bonus for 'Beggars Banquet'

Cheers, Mr.D

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: March 24, 2012 05:53

K great. Thanks for the useful info. I'm still updating & expanding my Stones History Collection...it's up to 560 Tracks/26 CDs. It's a fun project I agree.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home