Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones - Live In Oakland 1999_CaptainAcidRemasterFaloMatrix
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:02

Hi everybody,
since my last post here did not draw much attention,
[www.iorr.org]
only 2 persons have said thanks and only 27 downloads, i have decided to stop posting my work here, for now. It takes too much of my time and it don`t get much attention.
So from now on i am just gonna use it as an information board.
For people that are interested, i`ll share info and point them where to download my new remasters, as torrent!
All my remasters are exclusively premiered on Hunger City. However if someone else have the time and will to share it here, he has my blessing, do it!

Captain Acid

By captain_acid at 2012-03-11

By captain_acid at 2012-03-11

link to Hunger City post
[www.hungercity.org]

Re: The Rolling Stones - Live In Oakland 1999_CaptainAcidRemasterFaloMatrix
Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:42

Hi Captain,

please do continue sending the download links here on the IORR site for us mere mortals/morons who can´t/won´t do torrents!

And most of all: a HUGE thank you!

Ya-Yas aka Matti

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:43

Sorry to hear that Captain. It's a sad fact (which all the uploaders) will confirm, that most people leech from here and do not give anything back.

Personally I think that's OK if they are unable to upload stuff, as long as they say thank you.

Over 200 people downloaded my Ronnie Wood Show postings and you can see how many people say thanks.

It does make the uploaders think is it worth it.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:04

this ones a nice recording,i got it and shared this when megaupload was still kickingsmiling smiley

Mr.acid i know how you feel,you do exellent work,just curios,would you be interested to work on Atlanta-78,after i´ve done some work with it?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:49

hi sad you don't want to post here anymore ,,i was hoping for some merge/matrix works on some 1973 tours,

i did not downloaded your last upload..it's too new for me,

that's but thanks again for your greats works la 1975 dvd..paris 76.and hamton 81..

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:54

vancouver
hi sad you don't want to post here anymore ,,i was hoping for some merge/matrix works on some 1973 tours,

i did not downloaded your last upload..it's too new for me,

that's but thanks again for your greats works la 1975 dvd..paris 76.and hamton 81..

you mixed up some things between gile and myself. gile is the audio guy, I´m the
video guy ;-) and gile didnt work on the LA75 audio.

I think there are enough people on hc who may want to upload stuff here as well,
but it´s really boring to spend your time uploading data for a 2nd time on file
sharing sites, getting not enough attention and getting uploads killed like
it happened with megaupload.

we do our "job" creating it all, sharing it via torrents. someone else can do the job and spreading it for all others....

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 13, 2012 14:09

Thanx Captain for everything you did......sad to say I dont do the torrents....

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 13, 2012 16:14

Like to do torrents but hate the obligatory fingerprints aso
How do yoy get these fingerprints or what else is needed
Maybe somebody could explain it to me
(send me an email, and in case I have further questions, i can ask for specific information)

best
Jaap

Date: March 13, 2012 16:16

@.....I think there are enough people on hc who may want to upload stuff here as well,
but it´s really boring to spend your time uploading data for a 2nd time on file
sharing sites, getting not enough attention and getting uploads killed like
it happened with megaupload.

we do our "job" creating it all, sharing it via torrents. someone else can do the job and spreading it for all others....

Yes, exactly, you couldn`t say it better. As i have said i hope there is someone who have the time to download from HC and upload it here. It`s too time consuming. I better do another remaster.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 13, 2012 16:17

thanx you very much

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 13, 2012 19:59

LOL, I posted a link to video's I uploaded a couple of times. Lots of downloads, but only a handfull of "thank you's"
I don't really care as these were just uploads.

Your work involves a lot more; the remixing and so on, so you deserve a "Thank you" from EVERY downloader!!!!!

I'm not sure if I downloaded the Keith files, but if I did, I'm guilty of not saying thank you.....

So, just to make sure, thank you captain A for all you've done for us!!!!

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-13 20:18 by coowouters.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 13, 2012 20:30

One thing CaptainAcid....you highlghted the lack of interest & thanks in the Keith Atlanta '88 show....(I D/Led this one just now)...........maybe though not so many are big on Keith's stuff ? but big on Stones ?.............I've got to say I am gutted......what with the BS from the FBI over Megaupload you are the one keeping the torch alight...smileys with beer.............sad smiley.......please reconsider... if only about the 'well worth it' best Stones shows..............Cheers, Eddie

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 21:39

Very meaty comparing to Sister Morph. Excellent.
If you have could you please add bonuses from Stones Age?
Thanks,
Greg

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: March 14, 2012 00:16

Just downloaded this latest project and it's impressive like the rest of your remasters. FYI, I wasn't interested in the X-Pensive Wino's concert you did last time. Maybe a lot of people weren't and it's more a knock on Keith than you.

Since you don't seem to mind, I'll download your work from Hungercity (where I go by the name Biggusdickus) and post it here at IORR for those users who don't do torrents.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: March 14, 2012 00:27

A perennial issue for anybody here who uploads...
...I am constantly amazed at stuff (I have posted of varying subject matter over several years) still being downloaded,

No matter, many thanks indeed for taking the time to enrich our listening pleasure.

Cheers

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 14, 2012 07:29

It has happened before...

...if all the leechers just take a few seconds to give the thanks...

Date: March 14, 2012 10:59

@....Since you don't seem to mind, I'll download your work from Hungercity (where I go by the name Biggusdickus) and post it here at IORR for those users who don't do torrents.

Thanks, Laughing Sam !smoking smiley

You see guy`s, it`s not that i am angry or frustrated (well maybe a bit) but offers for me to remaster something are ever growing and i try to do as much as i can. But uploading files to Hotfile or wherever takes too much time, actually the problem is that i have to stop all torrent activities until files are uploaded.

As i have already said, it`s better to use that time to make a brand new remaster of something, than to waste it on uploading. I mean remastering is something not many people knows how to do, and uploading is a pretty common thing, i guess.

But it`s nice to see that lot`s of you are already on Hunger City.
Anyway we are looking for a volunteer that has the will and positive energy to be the link between Hunger City and iorr.
My conscience is bugging me, i feel sorry if there are some people that wants this and can`t get it.
Many new MFG`s and Acid Project`s are coming to Hunger City. We better find a good guy to help serve those that are not doing torrents.

Cheers
Captain

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 14, 2012 14:12

Learning to remaster takes many years,from me it took propably 3 years,,,most usual mistake is overdoing.

Date: March 14, 2012 16:53

@.....,,,most usual mistake is overdoing.

Wise words Marko,smoking smiley or shall i say "Words Of Wisdom"!

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: March 15, 2012 06:47

"Words of wisdom Loyld. Words...of...^^^ wisdom."

-- Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson says to the bartender) in "The Shining" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:22

Thanks for all of the posts. Thanks for the torrents. I love torrents, one click and your done downloading! Personally, I've downloaded two of your offerings but haven't had time to review them. When I do, I'd love to say thanks but your post will be lost by then. It's just the reality of the systems that are set-up. I don't say thanks in the beginning if I don't know the work. For you and everyone who shares, "Thank you." Also, if people would tell in your post if it's audience or soundboard, it would be a big help. I figure if it doesn't say soundboard, it must be crap! @#$%& MP3s. They are low quality crap too. Music is about beautiful sound, so why MP3s? It doesn't make sense. Thanks again!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:30

Speaking of people who can't upload....I don't know how to upload. Are there FAQs on uploads? Maybe we'll get more uploads if we know how. When I get some time this Summer, I'll figure out how to upload. Right now I only know Drop Box. Drop Box is very cool. Just download DropBox and then anything you want to share, simply put in your DropBox folder. After it's in the folder, Left-Click on the file and it will give you a public link to share with others. I'll post a Drop Box link soon.

Date: March 18, 2012 14:56

@...if people would tell in your post if it's audience or soundboard, it would be a big help.

Dear friend, i can see you are not yet experienced in this bootleg world. It`s completely alright, i`ll try to explain it. When you see somewhere that it says MATRIX this means there were 2 sources mixed (matrixed) in one.
Usually it is a matrix of soundboard and audience, to make it better.

@...I figure if it doesn't say soundboard, it must be crap!

You can`t be further from the truth! But that is another beginners mistake, when they enter Bootleg World. I did it myself, too. For first year or so i did not want to touch audience recordings at all (he,he how wrong was i, oh boy). Audience recording can be that good that you cant tell if it`s audience or soundboard.

@...Music is about beautiful sound, so why MP3s? It doesn't make sense.

You could n`t be closer to the truth with this one. I hate mp3, complete degradation of music. I was thinking of making a T-shirt for the summer that will say : " F#@k MP3 ! "

Captain

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 18, 2012 15:10

Dear friend, i can see you are not yet experienced in this bootleg world. It`s completely alright, i`ll try to explain it.

Ha! A tour from the good Captain. Keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times!

Posted by: stonsik ()
Date: March 18, 2012 19:26

Capitan Acid what program do you use to do such beautiful artwork ?

Date: March 18, 2012 19:51

@...Capitan Acid what program do you use to do such beautiful artwork ?

Guys, i am not doing artwork here ! Mr D is the artwork guy, i am the remastering guy.smoking smiley And Falo was the Matrix guy, it this case.
He is usually the DVD guy !grinning smiley

Posted by: stonsik ()
Date: March 18, 2012 19:58

ok smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDee ()
Date: March 19, 2012 01:14

Hi, Stonsik, thanks for comment. Photoshop only, in this case. But it doesn't matter, it could be first PS version from nineties, or even stone age technique with scissors, newspaper photos, glue and letraset, as i did it in the beginning.
The catch is in "no overdoing", or, as Captain says 'the less is more'. Ordinary font (no going mad with extravagant fonts, usually they ruin the whole thing), clever mix of colours, composition, the text size hierarchy (what is more important,
and what is less...). In the first place to look tasteful, to give the information and not to bore the eyes. Sometimes it takes me 10 or 15 hours to make the sleeve,
because every pixel has its place.

Cheers,
Mr.D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home