Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT (allmost) J.Geils Band, Candlestick Park 17 oct. 1981
Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: November 19, 2011 17:13

Hello dear freinds!
In case you havent noticed, Wolfgang has uploaded this great warmup-show for the Stones, performed by J. Geils Band, at Candlestick Park 17 oct. 1982.
I first saw them in Gothenburg (Sweden) in 1982 an became a fan of this great band.
If you dont like them, its mayby a "sweet memory" of this great tour.
I dl the files and burned them on dvd (you can dl them with realplayer downloader - its free). Its so great IMHO.
What a shame they did´nt filmed the Stones at the same time!!!
Here it is:[www.wolfgangsvault.com]

Cheers Bo

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 17:35 by hedegaard.

Re: OT (allmost) J.Geils Band, Candlestick Park 17 oct. 1981
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 19, 2011 20:08

Wow

Great to see again
I have little memory of this

Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: November 20, 2011 08:26

Thanks hedegaard!

Memoriessmileys with beer

This might be a stupid question: Can these be burned to dvd?

Date: November 20, 2011 17:54

edithgrove
Thanks hedegaard!

Memoriessmileys with beer

This might be a stupid question: Can these be burned to dvd?

Oh yes -its very easy if you now how to do.
To DL the files, you use realplayer (the free version). In realplayer there is a DL-function. When you go to Wolgang and click on the files, and they start playing, you just move (just move - no click) the cursor to the top of the picture - realplayer ask you if you want to DL, and then you rightclick with your mouse, and the download starts. Realplayer creates a folder all by itselfes called "your realplayerdownloads" were youre dl is put. It cannot be more simple!! To burn the files on a dvd you have to convert them to vob-files.
Some of my friends keep on telling my, that I dont have to convert them at all, if I use Nero.I,ve tried some 100 times, but it dont work for me.
I use Nero 10 and I cant find a function that can burn either mpeg, flv or wmw-files. Mayby some kind soul on this board can explain me/you how to do-
What I do is, that I convert the files using AVS converter, put the vob-files in a folder, and burn them with Nero .AVS Converter is a rather expensive program (as far as I remember about 80 USD - maybe more) but the best. I,ve tryed several free convertprogrammes but its crap, and most of them dos´nt work at all.
I convert files several times a week, so its worth the money. Besides that, AVS can convert your files to wathever you want, and it has a lot of really smart funtions. It,s also a dvd-burner, and IMO better than Nero.
You could try some of the free programmes, and se if it works for you - I havent tryed them all!!
Please let me know if I can help you in any other way. As one says, there is no stupid questions, only stupid answers!!

Cheers Bo smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-20 18:12 by hedegaard.

Date: November 21, 2011 20:23

Thanks hedegaard!

It sounds easy. But I think you left out a step. How do you add videos to realplayer library confused smiley

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 21, 2011 21:48

I've just tried RealPlayer but it didn't work for me.
I just moved (just move - no click) the cursor to the top of the picture - realplayer didn't ask me if I want to DL.Thanks anyway.

Date: November 22, 2011 01:18

edithgrove : thers a function on realplayer where you can add your vidoes (and music) to realplayer library. My realplayer (and its still the free version) does that by itself. Have a look again please.

I forgot to say, that you can make your own folder and place it anywere on your pc - when you clic on the file, it will start playing in realplayer, or you can choose another player (windows media player for example)

Jaap: very strange. Thats the way it works for me at my windows 7, and before that at my XP!

If you want to, I can upload the files here from megaupload?
I,ve told you before, you just tell me what you want and I,ll UP it for you - no problem!!
And as a "special" service for you Jaap, I could burn it on DVD for you. Its just a way to payback for all your great and hard work uplouding all the great stuff you do.

Cheers Bo

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-22 01:40 by hedegaard.

Date: November 22, 2011 08:34

Hello hedegaard,

I can't figure it out. It doesn't add videos to library by itself, or I can't activate this function. The EU version must be different. The US version is crap. I'll just find another program to dl videos.

Take care of stonesmuziekfan. You're right he has contributed a lot of great uploads to this site.

Thanks again for trying to help out.

Date: November 22, 2011 23:16

edithgrove
Hello hedegaard,

I can't figure it out. It doesn't add videos to library by itself, or I can't activate this function. The EU version must be different. The US version is crap. I'll just find another program to dl videos.

Take care of stonesmuziekfan. You're right he has contributed a lot of great uploads to this site.

Thanks again for trying to help out.

I suspect your right - some programs is acting in different ways on PC´s (I think thats the main problem) .You,r not the only one with that problem in this forum.
But still, if you want me up these files just ask me.
Good luck!

cheers Bo

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 23, 2011 14:57

hedegaard
edithgrove : thers a function on realplayer where you can add your vidoes (and music) to realplayer library. My realplayer (and its still the free version) does that by itself. Have a look again please.

I forgot to say, that you can make your own folder and place it anywere on your pc - when you clic on the file, it will start playing in realplayer, or you can choose another player (windows media player for example)

Jaap: very strange. Thats the way it works for me at my windows 7, and before that at my XP!

If you want to, I can upload the files here from megaupload?
I,ve told you before, you just tell me what you want and I,ll UP it for you - no problem!!
And as a "special" service for you Jaap, I could burn it on DVD for you. Its just a way to payback for all your great and hard work uplouding all the great stuff you do.

Cheers Bo

I can't refuse good offers, so yes please. Thanks

Date: November 23, 2011 22:44

My pleasure ! Just sending you a mail

cheers Bo

Date: November 23, 2011 23:18

Now this is very, very strange- I went to wolgang to check the setlist, and found out, that I cant download anymore with realplayer!
This month I,ve dl lots of concerts with J.Geils, and Ten Years After, as I have done the last 3-4 years WITH realpl. - and now it does`nt work anymore.
I dont know which program to use now, but its the same thing that happened with YOU TUBE. But I still have the files on my pc. but what a shame I cant dl. from wolfgang in the future!!

confused smileyconfused smiley

Date: November 24, 2011 08:50

Hello hedegaard,

Sorry to hear this. I was pulling out my hair trying to get it to work. Nothing worked. Maybe this is why it wasn't working for me.

If you would be kind to up these files. I would really like this because I was there. I hope others will want to enjoy this show too. I owe you one.

Best,
EG

Date: November 24, 2011 14:40

edithgrove
Hello hedegaard,

Sorry to hear this. I was pulling out my hair trying to get it to work. Nothing worked. Maybe this is why it wasn't working for me.

If you would be kind to up these files. I would really like this because I was there. I hope others will want to enjoy this show too. I owe you one.

Best,
EG

VERY strange - I,ve just found out today, that realplayer-download only works when I go to wolfgang via mail! I try to explain: I have set wolfgang to my "favorittes" (I dont know the english word) but when I use that, I cant download. Today I recieved a mail from wolgang re. a Myddy Waters video, and when I go to wolfgang via that mail, I can downlaod everything at his site. I think maybe you have to sign up as a member at his site to dl. Hope that make sence. Only sleept 2 hours last night!
Off course I can up these files, but I can also burn a dvd for you. I just need your adress?
I,m just going to Copenhagen in 10 minuttes, but I,ll be back this afternoon, I cant remember if your mail is hidden - my is.'

You,re was at that show - you´ve GOT to have it on DVD - think about it!!
Cheers Bo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-24 23:56 by hedegaard.

Date: November 24, 2011 23:55

Uploading files right now (780MB!)EDIT: I think I,ll try tommorow.When up 300mb I got kicked of (erorcode 904) This happened 4 times"

Here it is:[www.megaupload.com]

and please try the converter (setup.file) I,ve uploaded.

I tryed to put them in order, but I,m not sure I succeded, so here is the setlist as it should be played:

1. Rock Me
2. Just Cant Wait
3. Come Back
4. Till The Walls Tumbling Down (incomplete)
5. Pack Fair And Square
6. Sanctuary
7. Stage Banter
8. Must Of Got Lost
9. Love Stinks
10. Looking For Love
11. Wammer Jammer
12. House Party
13. Where Did Your Love Go
14. First I Look At The Purse

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-25 04:39 by hedegaard.

Date: November 25, 2011 23:23

Hi hedegaard,

Thanks for the upload! When I burn it, can I change the order to correct set list? I moved tracks to correct order, but when I play them, it goes back to default order you downloaded them it.

I will email them, but it is holiday (Thanksgiving) here in the US. I hope they post the Stones show from this date. Do they have any other J. Geils shows posted?

Is there any cds titles you are looking for? I'm going through my silvers and search for titles not posted and upload them here, but I won't be able to until after the new year. Just let me know, and I will see if I have them.

Thanks again for your time! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 26, 2011 00:23

edithgrove
Hi hedegaard,

Thanks for the upload! When I burn it, can I change the order to correct set list? I moved tracks to correct order, but when I play them, it goes back to default order you downloaded them it.

I will email them, but it is holiday (Thanksgiving) here in the US. I hope they post the Stones show from this date. Do they have any other J. Geils shows posted?

Is there any cds titles you are looking for? I'm going through my silvers and search for titles not posted and upload them here, but I won't be able to until after the new year. Just let me know, and I will see if I have them.

Thanks again for your time! smiling bouncing smiley

Yes - the same thing happened to me. I renamed them to "track 1,2 a.s.o.

Yes theres some few more J.Geils show from 77´(black and white).
Have you tryed the converter - it looks great and have a lots of free apps.
I really dont know if I am missing something (I mean music LOL).
My pig problem is that i have about 4 terrabites(!) on ly with stones, and have no order what so ever in my mess. I,m trying to make some order but it,s take a LOT of tome. But thanx anyway - and have a nice Thanxgiving!

have a nice day

cheers Bo drinking smiley

Date: November 26, 2011 23:55

Hi hedegaard,

I figured out the realplayer problem. It only works with Internet Explorer. Works perfect, just like you said. I always use Firefox, and #8, the current one isn't compatible. So that was my problem.

Wolfgang has some nice shows. Working on another J. Geils. The dvd converter you uploaded, does it convert all tracks at the same time or just individual tracks one at a time. Maybe another stupid question, but I've never done this before.

Thanks again,
EG

Date: November 27, 2011 00:20

edithgrove
Hi hedegaard,

I figured out the realplayer problem. It only works with Internet Explorer. Works perfect, just like you said. I always use Firefox, and #8, the current one isn't compatible. So that was my problem.

Wolfgang has some nice shows. Working on another J. Geils. The dvd converter you uploaded, does it convert all tracks at the same time or just individual tracks one at a time. Maybe another stupid question, but I've never done this before.

Thanks again,
EG
If I understand your question correct: you cant put all the tracs in a folder, and then just put it to the converter. I know no converter that can do that , not even AVS Converter. You have to put one files at a time into the converter, using the "browse" button. Remember to make a output folder. I tryed to use the dvd-burner that follows with that programm, but it would´nt play on my pc or any of my other 8 dvd-players/recorders . I,ll just see if it works in Nero 10.

Any further questions, just ask!!!!

cheers Bo

Just converted the files with this free burner - put them in a folder, and burned them with NERO - worked fine, no problems at all!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-30 00:33 by hedegaard.

Date: November 27, 2011 01:10

Hi hedegaard,

I think you answered my question. I never did this before, and just wanted to get an idea of how to do it, which I think I understand now. I've spent most of my time at record shows mainly collecting the old European titles. The economy hit me hard here, and I just can't go for the pricey Japanese titles. But as a Stones collector, it never ends. I have friends in Holland, and they are feeling the change in economy. I hope it doesn't spread all over Europe. Thanks again for the help.

Date: November 27, 2011 01:26

edithgrove
Hi hedegaard,

I think you answered my question. I never did this before, and just wanted to get an idea of how to do it, which I think I understand now. I've spent most of my time at record shows mainly collecting the old European titles. The economy hit me hard here, and I just can't go for the pricey Japanese titles. But as a Stones collector, it never ends. I have friends in Holland, and they are feeling the change in economy. I hope it doesn't spread all over Europe. Thanks again for the help.

Hope it will work for you - if not - ASK ASK ASK!
B.t.w the economy is hitting very hard here in Denmark - we´ve just got a new goverment (SORRY BV) and thats gonna be VERY hard. Your not alone!

cheers Bo ("keep on smilling") drinking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home