Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Confusion About Some Girls CD/DVD
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: October 25, 2011 02:21

Confused:
With the new release of the Rolling Stones Some Girls cd and dvd plus deluxe or super deluxe it's confusing.

For example on Amazon Canada you have:

FOR CDS:

1. SOME GIRLS 2 CD which includes original 1978 CD and 2nd CD with 12 unreleased officially tracks which have been released only on boots.
[www.amazon.ca]

2. SOME GIRLS 3 DISCS:
Description: Super Deluxe Box Set Edition of this 1978 album from the British Rock vets that contains the digitally remastered and expanded two CD Deluxe Edition of the album PLUS a bonus DVD, 7" vinyl single, hardback book, a set of postcards, Helmut Newton prints, and a poster. Some Girls may have been the band's 14th album, but it was an album that bristles with energy and excitement. Instead of ignoring the onslaught of Disco, New Wave and Punk, Mick and Keef and the boys embraced it's raw energy and sounded rejuvenated on the album.
[www.amazon.ca]

FOR DVDS:

3. SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS 1978 1 DISC:
[www.amazon.ca]

4. SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS 1978 2 DISCS:
[www.amazon.ca]

Questions:

For the 2nd choice in CDS 3 DISC including 1 of the disc as DVD is it the Live In Texas? Or a different DVD bonus?

And for 4th choice in DVDS 2 DISC included is one considered a CD and other DVD live in Texas? Or another way of asking question will there be a CD of the Live in Texas too?

ANyone who clearify this for me would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Confusion About Some Girls CD/DVD
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 25, 2011 02:49

I have heard that the 4th choice - Some Girls 'live in Texas' will be a CD & a DVD.....some people over on 'Tell me' have been questioning how the whole show will fit on 1CD. Some suggest it might be edited, some say the record industry can and do produce 90 minute discs....I don't know anything for sure but just to let you know what I've read...........

I don't know anything about the 3rd disc on the Super deluxe Some Girls - choice number 2..............

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: October 25, 2011 03:16

EddieByword
I have heard that the 4th choice - Some Girls 'live in Texas' will be a CD & a DVD.....some people over on 'Tell me' have been questioning how the whole show will fit on 1CD. Some suggest it might be edited, some say the record industry can and do produce 90 minute discs....I don't know anything for sure but just to let you know what I've read...........

I don't know anything about the 3rd disc on the Super deluxe Some Girls - choice number 2..............

Hi Eddiebyword,
Thanks for the info you read about and i didn't even consider thinking about the cd being with all the songs.

I just checked the duration of film on dvd and it's 85 minutes. So this will not fit completely on a cd so either it will edit the speaking parts and intro and outro or omit a song in order to fit.

Anyways thanks for the info you do know but if anyone has more info please share.

Thanks.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: October 25, 2011 07:18

Just a point of interest, I have 90minute blank cds made by Akai so they do exist.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 25, 2011 11:30

Actually there are even 100 minute cdrs. I had a few, but haven't seen them for a long time now. I think for audiophile reasons it's not good to exceed 74 minutes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home