Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Desert Trip Weekend 2
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 19, 2016 03:56

I recorded all 6 sets from the pit. Schoeps MK4->Actives->NBox Platinum->Tascam DR2D. The question I have is whether to post them or not. When I see another Schoeps source matrixed with a youtube periscope source I start to wonder whether to release anything.

I really hope no one tries to "improve" the recording like was done with Scooter123's weekend one recording.

Re: Desert Trip Weekend 2
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 19, 2016 05:45

daspyknows
I recorded all 6 sets from the pit. Schoeps MK4->Actives->NBox Platinum->Tascam DR2D. The question I have is whether to post them or not. When I see another Schoeps source matrixed with a youtube periscope source I start to wonder whether to release anything.

I really hope no one tries to "improve" the recording like was done with Scooter123's weekend one recording.

Hi, Scooter's 'tapers notes' are as follows.....(a Word doc in the download)

Scooter: "As always, I don't care what you do with these files, once you download
them--they are yours now, except these files are not for sale, free
trade only. You can thank me by uploading something of a similar genre
or trading with me, so I can.
Regards,
Scooter"

I guess there's no guarantees what'll happen if you do upload them but if I remember rightly yours are pretty excellent raw recordings not in need of remastering or matrixing anyway, so..............

Scooter's raw tapes are pretty good as well, personally I haven't listened to the matrix yet ..

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 19, 2016 06:20

I've downloaded daspyknows from dime, an excellent taper. I too would be surprised if anyone wants to alter it

Date: October 19, 2016 07:07

I use the same gear as Scooter123. He is a good friend and I got him the ticket.

My last Stones show were "improved" here the same way. There are times when the matrix is an improvement and justified by both recordings should be lacking in some area and there is an improvement over both imho.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 09:29

daspyknows

I 2nd that, especially when it comes to crap like youtube.
it doesnt always make sense to make a matrix when you have 2 recordings.
you dont improve a good source when mixing it with a much worse source.

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 10:56

Daspyknows, please share the Stones and Roger Waters, please, please.
Agree with you about the keeping of hifi-lossless quality.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 11:59

daspyknows

I would be very happy if you could upload your recording. I am also convinced that mixing a great source recorded with high quality equipment is the worst thing one can do.

Someone did this with my Berlin 24bit source and the result was much worse...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 19, 2016 13:00

Andrea82
Daspyknows, please share the Stones and Roger Waters, please, please.
Agree with you about the keeping of hifi-lossless quality.

thumbs upthumbs up ........and Neil Young ..... (regarding alterations, I come on this site alot and knowing other people here as far as I do, I think if you did put a rider on with your upload asking for it to not be altered, well, I can't think of anyone here that would deliberately go against that..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 13:45 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:21

Yes please!!Merci.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: October 19, 2016 20:19

EddieByword
regarding alterations, I come on this site alot and knowing other people here as far as I do, I think if you did put a rider on with your upload asking for it to not be altered, well, I can't think of anyone here that would deliberately go against that..............

I'm pretty sure no one over here would go against your wishes. Just mention it in your post and the usual remastering people will respect that.

Of course you can never be sure that somewhere down the line, someone will start playing around with your recording once it's out there. (And I specifically think "labels", although nowadays, those are mostly too lazy to remaster stuff they download here or on torrent sites, they just make some nice artwork, print the show on silvers, or just CD-Rs with artwork. The SM days are over and cool cool hand retired smiling smiley )

So please, share your recordings with us, we'll be very grateful!

(on a side note, a friend of mine is going to Vegas and will try to tape both shows (It's CL, the guy who gave us a couple of Olé shows). If all goes well, he will send me the raw tapes with the explicit wish to look for someone to improve the tapes! But if I consider his tapes good or very good, I will split them myself and post them without letting them be remastered.)

Chris from Belgium

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 20:48 by coowouters.

Date: October 19, 2016 20:39

It will be up in the next 24 hours. I got all 6 sets of the festival.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: October 19, 2016 20:49

daspyknows
It will be up in the next 24 hours. I got all 6 sets of the festival.

Great! Looking forward to your recordings!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: October 19, 2016 21:01

Recordings like Scooter 123 is way too good To them to improve or them in a Matrix
to edit. I promise that their recording remains unaffected daspyknows

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 20, 2016 21:39

thumbs up
Thanks in advance!
You will be respected!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home