Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor - 1981
Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: August 25, 2011 16:29

What's the best downloadble version of the dec. 14, 1981 gig (with Mick TAYLOR as special guest)? And where can I find it?!

(I did a search on IORR - a.o. "Mick Taylor 1981", "Kansas City 1981", etc. -, but remarkably nothing came up.)

Thanx for the feedback (and, preferably, the links... winking smiley)

Re: Mick Taylor - 1981
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 25, 2011 16:51

you probably searched with the "last 30 days option" on.
plenty of Kansas City 1981 uploads here.

Guitar Onslaught: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-25 16:51 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 26, 2011 00:23

Erik_Snow

Is,nt there a "story" about that you cant hear Taylor very well at the soundboard version, but much better on the audience version? I have them both at one of my external HD but cant remember where ( something like 3 TB!) total mess.
I THINK I remember the aud. version is better??

cheers Bo

Posted by: Mixedreactions ()
Date: August 26, 2011 01:13

Never heard or seen a link for an aud version. Especially if there's some extra MT guitar you can pick up in it. That would be awesome if someone could provide that. Thank you.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 26, 2011 01:26

Mixedreactions
Never heard or seen a link for an aud version. Especially if there's some extra MT guitar you can pick up in it. That would be awesome if someone could provide that. Thank you.

I,m allmost 99% sure - but I cant remember the bootname. Maybe Erik or Midnrambler knows (they know ALL about the stones)

Bo sad smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 26, 2011 01:48

You are right about the audience recording Bo, anyway if I'm not wrong there are more than one audience sources!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:18

hedegaard
Erik_Snow

Is,nt there a "story" about that you cant hear Taylor very well at the soundboard version, but much better on the audience version? I have them both at one of my external HD but cant remember where ( something like 3 TB!) total mess.
I THINK I remember the aud. version is better??

cheers Bo

Well maybe one could say that at certain times, one can hear Taylor better on the audience recording, but certainly not "much better". If better at all. It's been a long time since I listened to that audience recording, I must say - it didn't do it for me. You can find it on "Did We Meet Somewhere Before" (VGP). But also on "Together At Last", "Kansas City 81", "Well....Comeback My Sweetheart" and"Five Is Not Enough"

edit: but all those bootlegs features a mixture of the Dec 14th and the Dec 15th shows.... can't remember hearing the entire Dec 14th show in audience quality. Only the entire Dec 15th show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-26 14:40 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 12, 2011 02:58

I dont think you can hear Taylor very much at all but some say loud and clear, maybe they just cant tell the different players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2075
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home