Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

To Fortilix (and many others)
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: December 8, 2015 03:10

VERY important, with this post I do not want to attack or offend you or hurt your feelings!!!!

Let me first reply to two parts of your post where you stated the following concerning the 3 sample tracks from Luc (username: tioms):

I didn't share it track by track with shitty mp3...

and

I just don't get it why to give away three little tracks. You share it correctly or you don't. Just my two cents.

First of all, these tracks were samples, not an upload of a complete bootleg, so people got to hear that it actually is a Soundboard.
Second; if you've never transferred an LP to digital format and are generally "illiterate" with PCs, it was a job well done.
Luc sent those tracks over a period of two days to me through e-mail, asking to share them on IORR as samples
because he felt forced by some comments to open his box to prove it was a soundboard and that he had it in his hands.

Now the other parts:

I ain't no beggar! I did upload/offer several shows, last one was the Trabendo all of you were starving for...
Oh and I forget the Rod and Ron "drunk" private tape (in HD...)!!!

I (we) really appreciate your uploads (I for one didn't call you a "beggar" and I think the person who posted "beggars can't be choosers"
certainly meant that for what it is; an English saying, nothing more, nothing less).

But now we come to the essential part of your post:

I guess you all were happy grabbers who perhaps didn't even take the time to drop a little thanx but who are happy to argue...
What unreleased tape did you censors offer?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on one part.
When someone posts an upload, it is sad to see the difference between the number of views (and downloads) and the number of people thanking the uploader!
And then there are those that complain about the quality even when they were warned.
Speaking for myself; if I download something, I will try to thank the uploader every time (OK, I'm only human, so sometimes I forget, but not often!).

For the last part; there are others who do a great job uploading and re-uploading shows (new or older bootlegs they acquired).
To bad it's almost always the same small group of members...
As an aside; I remember the time when we were trading and treeing. I was approached by a taper who wanted me to share 2of his recordings, so I tree'd them on "RollingStonesBoots".
Sure enough, within 2 months, the two shows of this source were released by VGP (the taper could have had a nice reward from VGP (in those days), but that had gone to someone in the tree...

And now the last part. One that I also often thought of!

By the way I have some more to spread when I have time but for sure won't do it on this board.

I urge you to reconsider your intention. As I stated above, I've often thought that because the lack of appreciation by all these "grabbers" or the occasional nasty comment,
I might as well stop posting and re-posting, sending out mails with links (I don't know how it is with you, but I get a lot of e-mails with requests to upload something) and so on.
But then I thought "is it really worth it to stop doing all that to become a "grabber" myself?" So after "cooling down" a little, I went on doing what I used to do before smiling smiley

Well, I think I've said all I wanted to say, so please forget that "incident" and keep on doing your great job over here!

Take care,

Chris from Belgium

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-08 03:33 by coowouters.

Re: To Fortylicks (and many others)
Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: December 8, 2015 03:25

Well said Chris...you covered it...personally I'd love to hear the "Drunkin Keef & Woody" I'm pretty sure I missed that 1....I want to reiterate..I APPRECIATE EVERYTHING ALL the posters do to make this site 2nd to none..
ken from the D...Happy Holidays ...

Re: To Fortilix (and many others)
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 8, 2015 03:39

Well said Chris, on some posts I've seen hundreds of 'hits' , thousands on YouTube and ...... Not a lot of thanks

Well posted, respect

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 8, 2015 03:44

Hear, hear! Chris for Mayor of Anvers!!! And you know what? My tape 6-6-72 #1 sat in a box for many years before it found its way to be a happy VGP release!~ sat

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: December 8, 2015 10:08

Indeed, Well said Chris. I always appreciatie the uploads.
I must say I don't upload very much myself, although recently some missing vault entries.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: December 8, 2015 10:22

Amen!

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: December 8, 2015 11:07

Thanx Chris for taking time to write this nice little post. You are a real gentleman!

I know you, and my post didn't want to hurt you either. Nor anybody.

I've been a member of this board for a very long time. And I'm sad to say that these last years, more and more people are here to moan and to spread bad vibes.
Mainly "grabbers" who never offer anything, never say thank you, want everything for free, and fast... I don't want to lose my precious time arguing with these people. I see that there are enough of them to argue for hours filling up this board with stupid posts. I've been told as a kid that in this case, the clever one (or the less stupid) is the one who gives up first...

I don't care if the bootleggers who make money with other people's work lose cash when people spread what they "stole" for free. They've made money for years taking it from the fans (I know what I'm talking about...!!!) which is not very very "fair". At the beginning, in the early 70's, bootleg LPs were sold cheaper than legal LPs. For sure, bootleggers made a little money, but they were fans, first!

People will say that some labels make very nice and collectible products. That's true and often more enjoyable than official products. Well, no problem! Collectors who want these "original" items will anyway buy them. Official record labels do the same. They know that digital files will be cloned as soon as they are released, so they offer collector boxes with plenty of bonus stuff and books and... That can't be cloned. And Vinyl!!! Which by the way is most of the time complete nonsense, as these LPs are pressed from digital masters... So where is the benefit of analogic??? Makes me laugh when so-called audiophiles certify that they vinyl sound sooo much better and warmer that the Hi-Res digital version...!!! But the item is great, which I agree!

So let's get back to this very boot. I'm sure this soundboard is certainly a great tape. They chose to release it on LPs only. It was certainly taken from a digital master. So they sell a downgraded audio product, which will even be more degraded if ripped for digital... On purpose.
And to read that this "label" won't release the Videos because of poor CD sales... As you say, these labels never thank anybody! They are only it for the money, AFAIK... So why act as gentlemen with these people??? That's why, as a response, we should rip the whole show in Hi-Res lossless on the best equipment and spread it as fast as possible...

I know some will say that without these "label" we wouldn't get these tapes. I'm not sure, as 99,9% of these releases are taken from torrents since torrents exist. For free. Even this tape would have certainly seen the light, in better quality...

Fortunately, people like JEMS and others don't make money and try to spread the best available unreleased stuff they have, in the best way they can... And they know that their releases will be booted in no time. They just don't give a shit!!! That's a fan for fan rock'n'roll attitude! Thanx to them!

We are in 2015, nearly 2016, so things have changed since I started to collect boots (since 1974...), when these were poorly pressed LPs, you could only duplicate on cassettes...

I'm so sorry Luc felt "forced" to open up a precious boxset that was supposed to stay sealed on a shelf. I always thought that when you like music and buy some new stuff, you are in a hurry to enjoy it? Must have missed something...

And I still don't get it why to give away, even as samples, shitty mp3 and with awful wow and flutter that sounds like if somebody touched the turntable to alter the speed and ruin the recording (But maybe it's on the master??? If this is the case, why choose to giveaway this very song?)... Anyway T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U Luc for your generosity!

So, for my next uploads, I will give them away on the usual trackers. People will have to share a bit too, to keep their ratio up. And not just run away as soon as they have completed the download!!!

I'm never looking for thanx when I upload some stuff, but it's always nice to get some!
A thank you is FREE!!!

Well, we are all here for the love of music, and this very band. So let's hope this lasts for a long time!

And thank you to BV for running this board all these years, FOR FREE!!!

Take care all you stones fans! And keep the GOOD vibrations going!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: December 8, 2015 11:40

fortilix
Take care all you stones fans! And keep the GOOD vibrations going!

I didn't copy your complete post, just the last sentence, so you would be certain that this is my reply on your post smiling smiley

And what is my reply?????

Easy; I completely agree 100% with what you wrote.

So, thank you to those people who are so generous to share their music with all of us!

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 8, 2015 23:36

Nothing more to be said!! thumbs up

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 9, 2015 12:47

If I may wedge in 2 centimes... there are lots of posts of Stones shows I haven't downloaded for the simple fact that I have no interest in them. There is a breed of traders who download everything they can get their hands on like they are baseball cards, to use as barter for other trades.

That's it; that's all; I'm done.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 9, 2015 17:57

I did hesitate to put a reply here.

The thing I hate most is, when a Stonesvault link is broken, NOBODY ELSE steps in and does a reupload to help our fellow collectors.
This confirms most of members or visitors only are focussed on downloading.

I do hate the term FREELOADERS because I am one of that kind myself, having little money to buy what I see, but I do share what I have got.
On the other hand I do spend a lot of money in buying externals and shipping them registrated all over the world, and also had to buy new externals after loosing them in the mail, or collectors not returning them. Can you believe this ?? Well it happened to me! and I can tell you there is nothing funny about that.

The only time I didn't send registrated turned into my first lost of an external.
Loosing this external I did see as a calculated risk.
Not all of them get lost and mostly are a big contribution to my collection.

Spend a lot of time in sorting out for trades and considered I am only trading advanced collectors this usualy takes up to 3 or 4 weeks.

Don't need to be thanked for posting, but is nice to see.
BTW, Thankyous Always are from the same group of iorrians.

Just had to add this.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: December 9, 2015 20:16

Great to have people like you and Chris on this board! You are so devoted to the fans, you deserve more than some thanx.

(Btw, with me it took a bit more than 3/4 weeks to return your external...
But you did get it back with all those Pignoses!!! Don't tell nobody...)smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 9, 2015 21:24

Hi Fortilix, great memories.
BTW, I did not refer to what time I was waiting on a return shipment, but what time I myself needed to compair lists and look for missing items.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home