Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: New DAC 'Pirate'-any info?
Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: May 28, 2011 14:33

vox12string
ironbelly
I have a strange feeling that this is a copy of a torrent (excellent vinyl rip) that was uploaded at least twice on... well known site in 2008 or 2009. Plus Brown Sugar as a bonus track.

Yes, the demons have this, thanks for the heads-up, ironbelly, just started torrenting this, only a couple of seeds but chugging along quite nicely

Hi, Can anyone reseed the artwork torrent ?
Thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 28, 2011 15:31

Erik_Snow
vancouver
hyde park vinyl audience sources

Why?

Have you heard the "watch it" work of the entire Hyde Park show (taken from FM, CD and vinyl) ?

sorry erik.i don't know if it is "watch it " i got ?

but a mix of audience and soundboard (original mp 3 download)

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: May 28, 2011 16:16

Erik-yes- me again! :-).I hope you don't mind me mentioning this, as I think it might be a typo (?). But what did you mean here?:

< I only have "100 Years Ago" and "Brown Sugar & White Snow". But they're both just explended >

Did you mean expanded,splendid,expendable etc?.

As for the vinyl-rips, I think I DO have 'Happy Birthday Charlie', though I can't remember exactly how I got it. I'll check later, but from what I remember- the sound isn't vastly different to the VGP cd. I may be wrong though. Rather embarassingly I haven't fathomed out how to do any kind of uploading yet, which IS genuinely embarassing- as I have worked-out how to download.
There's always 'snail mail' of course (?).

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 29, 2011 00:55

axl79
vox12string
ironbelly
I have a strange feeling that this is a copy of a torrent (excellent vinyl rip) that was uploaded at least twice on... well known site in 2008 or 2009. Plus Brown Sugar as a bonus track.

Yes, the demons have this, thanks for the heads-up, ironbelly, just started torrenting this, only a couple of seeds but chugging along quite nicely

Hi, Can anyone reseed the artwork torrent ?
Thanks smiling smiley

Hi Axl79
Artwork is up and running (at least for me)
If you'll have problems just drop me a line and I'll try to rapidshare artwork or something.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 29, 2011 04:13

When it comes to vinyl boots, I remember a TMOQ title called PLAY WITH FIRE because it has some Paris 1966 tracks in the best quality as far as I can remember. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 29, 2011 04:19

alimente
When it comes to vinyl boots, I remember a TMOQ title called PLAY WITH FIRE because it has some Paris 1966 tracks in the best quality as far as I can remember. Can anyone confirm this?

hi once i had this album,yes it includes some paris tracks from 66,but in a bad quality

Date: May 29, 2011 05:19

vancouver
alimente

hi once i had this album,yes it includes some paris tracks from 66,but in a bad quality

Maybe I listened to them on a shitty equipment (in a record shop somewhere) and that tends to make bad recordings sound better. But then, funny, I remember them really as quite good and mucho better than later CD releases. Never had a chance to compare them directly, though. Maybe it's just my memory that's tricking me.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 29, 2011 12:12

alimente

Here are the Paris 66 tracks from vinyl:

[www.sendspace.com]

This is one Wma file, I think it will do for a short comparison.
Please let me know, if you want the whole lp.
The record is in very good condition, I can do a more careful rip and upload in Flac, but I won't be able to do so before Whitsuntide.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 29, 2011 12:59

Rank Stranger
alimente

[www.sendspace.com]

The record is in very good condition, I can do a more careful rip and upload in Flac, but I won't be able to do so before Whitsuntide.

It sounds better than VGP-286. Haven't compared it with other CDs.

Date: May 30, 2011 11:34

Rank Stranger
alimente

[www.sendspace.com]

Yes, that's the one. It IS indeed better than VGP 268 like midnrambler already pointed out,though admittedly not as great as I remembered it, but that was decades ago. But it's the best source for this material so far!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 31, 2011 16:28

MrsHop
Erik-yes- me again! :-).I hope you don't mind me mentioning this, as I think it might be a typo (?). But what did you mean here?:

< I only have "100 Years Ago" and "Brown Sugar & White Snow". But they're both just explended >

Did you mean expanded,splendid,expendable etc?.

As for the vinyl-rips, I think I DO have 'Happy Birthday Charlie', though I can't remember exactly how I got it. I'll check later, but from what I remember- the sound isn't vastly different to the VGP cd. I may be wrong though. Rather embarassingly I haven't fathomed out how to do any kind of uploading yet, which IS genuinely embarassing- as I have worked-out how to download.
There's always 'snail mail' of course (?).

Sorry for late reply, I've been out travelling.
I meant "splendid".....I'm not English speaking - wish I was.
What I meant by saying that they're great, is that the sound is terrific, the artwork is great - and that they haven't been (much) upgraded later on, in the CD age

Thanks to Alimente and everybody else who gave details about vinyl vs CD. Never knew about that Paris 1966 upgrade (and haven't downloaded yet)

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 1, 2011 01:38

Just compared the Play With Fire source Rank Stranger posted with some other sources. The Play With Fire tracks seem to have less tapespeed issues and sound less distorted. Definitely the best source allthough the soundquality is still mediocre. A new, lossless rip of the vinyl will probably sound somewhat better. Thanks for the upload Rank Stranger.

Date: June 2, 2011 12:10

Yeah, I forgot: Thanks for the upload Rank Stranger!!!

Less tapespeed issues and lesser distortion indicate that TMOQ must have had access to a better generation tape of the same source.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 2, 2011 12:58

I will reupload this more carefully recorded and in Flac soon.
I have already started; but now I got an invitation from my sister, lunch is waiting!
See you later!

Date: June 2, 2011 14:06

Thanks for sharing, Rank Stranger - yes indeed, it sounds better than the CDs. Didn't know about this vinyl being an upgrade - nice surprise

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 2, 2011 18:41

alimente

Yes, that's the one. It IS indeed better than VGP 268 like midnrambler already pointed out,though admittedly not as great as I remembered it, but that was decades ago. But it's the best source for this material so far!

This Paris show (btw it's the 2nd show) is also on Ready Steady Stones (VGP-248) which sounds better than Play With Fire (VGP-248) and similar to the vinyl (maybe just slightly worse).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 15, 2011 20:07

[www.iorr.org] for "Ready Steady Stones"

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 16, 2011 18:46

Hey Erik how have you been? Thanks for mentioning "watchit"s Hyde Park. Is that the one that says "All Sold Out Productions"? I commented about it on another thread and thought I got it from HC but couldnt remember. Also the "Ya Yas Complete" release is virtually identical with artwork to one I d/l off demonoid a few months ago. Not sure if the sound is identical but this one is very well done so makes me wonder if this is where DAc got it ........

Date: June 17, 2011 20:21

MrsHop
Hi All,
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but as many will know- DAC just released another 'non-numbered' 2cd, which isn't part of their catalogue, but a kind of 'sideways' release similar to their 'Complete Ya Ya's' cd. In other words, it's pirated official material.
It's the old (quite rare) German Decca 4-disc set from the early '80's: 'The Rest Of The Best' (see pic's). This had/has several rare tracks on it, that to my knowledge haven't appeared on any subsequent releases, e.g: 'Memphis' (instrumental, recorded under the 'Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra' moniker), 'Da Do Ron Ron' (ditto- but with Jagger on vocals) & obviously- 'C*cksucker Blues'.
That's absolutely ALL I know about it & even that's probably wrong!. I was hoping somebody hear might know if there's actually anything else on this that's different, or of interest (?). If it's purely a matter of those few tracks- I wouldn't really want to waste my money. I've done a bit of 'Googling' & learnt NOTHING other than the above, but I KNOW there's some experts on here who might be able to help. I'd REALLY appreciate it! :-))

Has this one turned up yet?

Date: June 17, 2011 20:34

Original 4 LP flac at demonoid

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: June 17, 2011 21:00

scottkeef

I have the DAC here since a week, thanks to DRNO thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-17 21:00 by Keessie.

Date: June 17, 2011 21:06

Oops! sorry.. winking smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 17, 2011 21:25

Keessie
scottkeef

Would love to have the flac files too!

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: June 17, 2011 21:50

Keessie
scottkeef

Hi:-). So- what's the verdict on this DAC?

Date: March 18, 2013 00:30

Erik_Snow
Thanks for sharing, Rank Stranger - yes indeed, it sounds better than the CDs. Didn't know about this vinyl being an upgrade - nice surprise

Erik, you've got mail from me on HC.

Date: April 21, 2013 14:47

DAC has just released the 3rd Bern show of 1973 plus Gotherburg 1973, on a 2CD

[beastone.cart.fc2.com]

DAC-129
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:26

I'm not DAC's official PR man but at least the music on this set will run at the right speed, unlike what we saw with the awful Godfather version of the Bern tape.

...and with Mr. Shinzo Abe's suicidal economical policy, the Yen will sink lower and lower... which means the price of these DAC's expressed in foreign currencies will sink too!
Yeah! >grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-22 12:31 by dcba.

Posted by: Norbert VANEGUE ()
Date: April 22, 2013 12:49

sound?

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: April 22, 2013 13:19

Can anyone upload "The Rest of the Best" please?

Date: April 22, 2013 14:32

Norbert VANEGUE
sound?

VG

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home