Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
L.A. Forum 75 What is the real date of this show?
Posted by: davidestrada ()
Date: November 18, 2014 14:57

Mick says in the recording that this is the last LA show this year! is this not the 7-13-75 show? Why is everything else I got say 7-11-75?

Re: L.A. Forum 75 What is the real date of this show?
Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: November 18, 2014 15:47

In a 1966 concert he says tis is the last Rolling Stones concert ever. So don't trust Mick. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 18, 2014 19:46

Dvd is from 11 and cds are from 13th...

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: November 18, 2014 20:14

How do I rip the audio from the dvd? Does anyone know?

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 18, 2014 20:57

Mr. Jimi
How do I rip the audio from the dvd? Does anyone know?

You got mail! winking smiley

With a little help from France and Netherland!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-18 21:47 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 18, 2014 21:42

thumbs up

Posted by: davidestrada ()
Date: November 18, 2014 23:37

Thanks! Nothing like getting them both! or all 3 once the audio is free from the dvd. Only 2 copies were available from best buy OKC!!!!!! (in store) the other 2 best buy stores did not get any.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-18 23:38 by davidestrada.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:59

In the final credits says the show is from 7-12.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: November 19, 2014 03:02

Yes it does and I rather belive in what an official stones video says than what people at this board thinks. If this video is from the same night as the old LA 75 bootleg video, which was labeled as ''11th July'' the bootleggers must have gotten the date wrong in the first place.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-19 03:04 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: November 19, 2014 05:45

Comparing with Millard on VGP 340, the DVD audio is from the 11th NOT the 12th.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: November 19, 2014 12:06

But who is right? The Stones or Millard?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2014 12:32

Millard was such a obsessive archivist that HE IS the one who's got the date right.

And Mick notoriously doesn't give a damn about the past so it doesn't surprise me nobody at the Stones HQ bothered to check the real date. I mean one click on Zentgraf's site and you'd get the facts straight.

Sorry Mick! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-19 12:38 by dcba.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 19, 2014 14:44

Wasn't it Empress Valley who released the classis "Whores, Cocaine And A Bottle Of Jack"-set? I have it burried deep somewhere but as far as I remember the dates given on the cover of the EVSD-CD were not correct. In that case - were the dates wrong because of Millard or did EVSD a bad job?

So I'd rather go with TheBlockbuster and I tend to believe the official release. As I pointed out in another thread I received the old LA-video on VHS with 3 different dates over the years (10/11/12) and personally I've never seen any proof that July 11 is correct. Would be great to see pictures with dates one can trust anyway.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 19, 2014 15:49

dcba
Millard was such a obsessive archivist that HE IS the one who's got the date right.
I already make this remark for the other tread
Millard was never behind the sale of bootlegs and was openly against the illegal sale of his recordings - like many audience tapers today. He was notorious for "marking" copies of his tapes so that if one of his recordings turned up for sale on LP or CD, he would be able to tell which person he had traded it to. He kept a very detailed logbook of his marked recordings and who they were distributed to.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 20, 2014 13:43

davidestrada
Thanks! Nothing like getting them both! or all 3 once the audio is free from the dvd. Only 2 copies were available from best buy OKC!!!!!! (in store) the other 2 best buy stores did not get any.
same thing in my neck of the woods best buy . i had to order it from best buy .com. very insightful into what best buy stocks on it's store shelfs and i guess the stones do not make the cut.sucks !!!!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 20, 2014 14:22

TheGreek
davidestrada
same thing in my neck of the woods best buy . i had to order it from best buy .com. very insightful into what best buy stocks on it's store shelfs and i guess the stones do not make the cut.sucks !!!!!

Try this place......[www.ebay.co.uk]

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 20, 2014 21:16

dcba

And Mick notoriously doesn't give a damn about the past so it doesn't surprise me nobody at the Stones HQ bothered to check the real date. I mean one click on Zentgraf's site and you'd get the facts straight.

Sorry Mick! >grinning smiley<

DCBA, what do you think of this show. Knowing the Stones as well as you do I wonder if you can pick up Mick's behaviour that indicates whether it was good or bad.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 20, 2014 21:37

-

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-25 13:09 by midnrambler.

Date: November 22, 2014 16:02

midnrambler
Empress Valley was the first label to release the Millard tapes and they dated the video show to July 12, not 11.

Except "someone" here who was very close to the person who sent the tapes to Japan wrote here on IORR that the EV crew was clueless and they totally messed up the order of the tapes for the box release.

So I still hang to my Millard...

And... didn't IORR member HeartbreakerPL study the band clothing for each of the L.A. nights?
Let's dig out the thread and compare to what we see on the DVD... They wore different clothes from night to night.
[www.iorr.org]

Jagger wore a black outfit on the last L.A. show (as he did for the last NYC show btw!).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 16:10 by dcba.

-
Date: November 22, 2014 16:55

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-25 13:09 by midnrambler.

Date: November 22, 2014 17:58

The proof he never made a single ID mistake for any of the dozens of shows he recorded. He was a maniac on many fields so I trust him 100% for the right date on his L.A. recordings.
The recent bunch of Dylan'78 & 79 torrents at Dime show that Millard not only wrote the date and venue of the show plus the gear used (mike + recorder) and some personnal comments ("arrived too late" "missed 3 songs" etc etc).

So yeah I'd go with Millard. thumbs up
And generally tapers are obsessive with details...

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: November 22, 2014 18:54

Hi There! Best wishes everybody, I've been a long time without chatting here... but if someone can send me a link here it will save me a lot of jobs... ThankX!smiling smiley

(and i'm maybe in the wrong box but what i'm searching is the Audio from the LA Forum 75 DVD) confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 18:58 by SirMuddy.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:03

SirMuddy
Hi There! Best wishes everybody, I've been a long time without chatting here... but if someone can send me a link here it will save me a lot of jobs... ThankX!smiling smiley

(and i'm maybe in the wrong box but what i'm searching is the Audio from the LA Forum 75 DVD) confused smiley

It's disappeared, I guess bv, the moderator, took it down.............

-
Date: November 22, 2014 19:05

-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-25 18:50 by midnrambler.

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:18

Thanks Eddie!... So i'll think i'm gonna the Job... btw the Heartbreaker version from the 10 with Mick & the Crowd claping the beat is still better than the two ones we got in the LA Forum DVD & CD Package... and his it me or the writtng are getting smaller every year on those covers grinning smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:32

EV totally screwed up the box set...and that comes from someone that was personally involved with it...not me tho...

Date: November 22, 2014 22:19

Here's what a MM cassette looks like :

Little room is left for approximation. It's orderly.
You might be folled by the US mm/dd/yy writing and wrongly read "Jan. 11, 1980" instead of the correct "Nov. 1, 1980" but other than this...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 14:36 by dcba.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 22, 2014 23:35

dcba

You might be folled by the US mm/dd/yy writing and wrongly read "Jan. 11, 1980" instead of the correct "Dec. 1, 1980" but other than this...
So in the US month #11 is December? Hate to tell you, but there is a world outside the US and month #11 for the ROW is November.

PS. Does Paul is still alive in the world where December is month #11? winking smiley

Date: November 23, 2014 14:37

Ahhhh "witty" posts on IORR... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 25, 2014 22:21

rogerriffin
Dvd is from 11 and cds are from 13th...

Thanks, Roger. Is it that simple? We have two concerts from LA '75 officially released: the DVD is from the 11th and the CDs are from the 13th?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home