Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New DAC Release: Sexual Healing (DAC-117)
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 26, 2011 19:31

Yep, that´s the one i have as well, great boot! Bought it at Camden market in London a few years ago.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 26, 2011 19:47

The really interesting message in this thread is not that DAC
did an upgrade of already well-known El Mocambo-recordings, but
that there is finally a third complete Bern73-recording circulating.
Thanks to dcba for pointing this out!

N

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 22:16

On the japanese website of beastone you can hear a sample of the "new" DAC Version of the El Mocambo recordings. I think it's just equalized and not a significant upgrade, as we all suggested.

By the way: Nice to hear about the full Mocambo tapes. abou seven years ago I also heard the rumour about them being traded in the inner circle, who also seems to have more 81 SBDs (incl. videos) and newer soundboards.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 27, 2011 00:25

NeddieFlanders
The really interesting message in this thread is
that there is finally a third complete Bern73-recording circulating.
N

Send the guy who posted it at Dime a "thank you" PM... If he gets tons of "thumbs up" he might ask his source if there are more Stones tapes in the attic. I have a hunch the Swiss guy who taped the 25 show also did the well-known Sept.26 gig. Quality is about the same. So who knows we might have the late Bern with a non-boot lineage if you push had enough... grinning smiley

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 27, 2011 20:46

alimente
The rumours that a guy called WS (won't mention his full name) is hoarding the Mocambo tapes is curculating since decades. However, noone heard even a clip yet. I would not blame the guy for "hoarding" stuff like this, because he supposedly gave a promise to his source not to trade the stuff by any means.

The only thing what pisses me off is that people like him actually talk about owning certain tapes - knowing that there's quite a few people out there who want to listen to them too.

And if the story is true that he supposedly agreed to trade the tapes against some other rare stuff - which he received - and did not send the Mocambo tapes, but some other generally available - and, of course, UNWANTED - stuff in return (or a tape copy of the Mocambo vinyl boot, can't remember this exactly, it's many many years ago that I heard this story) it pisses me off even more.

Are we talking about the"WS", who at the end of the seventies lived in Dortmund;
I have not been in contact with him for thirty years; don't know where he is now;
was then an avid collector; also a big Karl May fan, if I remember correctly.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: April 27, 2011 21:35

I see that Exile (now a cdr label?) are the first to jump on the new Bern recording, with DAC to follow shortly, no doubt.

Posted by: krkhamster ()
Date: April 27, 2011 21:51

JumpinJeppeFlash
EddieByword
falo01
and the complete tapes are still fading away in hamburg, untraded...........
Are you talking 'The Stones own' recordings or an audience recording ? ....Hmmm, if 'he' won't trade I guess there's zero chance of him being generous and giving them to Stonesworld before it's too late.......I'm shocked that someone other than the Stones might have these shows....eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley
As i said before, when it comes to Stones and especially Mr. Jagger i'm quiet sure that he has nice tapes of about every show they have done in the past. Regarding people outside the inner circle, there are many nice recordings and shows that have been recorded that never will be circulating and that's it. I know a few people having very nice tapes of shows that don't "exist" but they wont share then. I respect that since many Japanese bootleg labels would make a lot of money just by download it here or somewhere else and then press the material on silvers without giving anything to the owner of the tape. But who knows? Maybe we can listen to the horseshoe gig (and other rarities) one day, as i know a guy that has it.

If I'm not mistaken Bill Wyman wrote in "Stone Alone" something like "from that show on we'd recorded every show"...and that was in the mid sixities. I would love spending a year or ten in that archive spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.
krk

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 27, 2011 22:50

JumpinJeppeFlash
EddieByword
falo01
and the complete tapes are still fading away in hamburg, untraded...........
Are you talking 'The Stones own' recordings or an audience recording ? ....Hmmm, if 'he' won't trade I guess there's zero chance of him being generous and giving them to Stonesworld before it's too late.......I'm shocked that someone other than the Stones might have these shows....eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley
As i said before, when it comes to Stones and especially Mr. Jagger i'm quiet sure that he has nice tapes of about every show they have done in the past. Regarding people outside the inner circle, there are many nice recordings and shows that have been recorded that never will be circulating and that's it. I know a few people having very nice tapes of shows that don't "exist" but they wont share then. I respect that since many Japanese bootleg labels would make a lot of money just by download it here or somewhere else and then press the material on silvers without giving anything to the owner of the tape. But who knows? Maybe we can listen to the horseshoe gig (and other rarities) one day, as i know a guy that has it.
Maybe a solution could be... the people who have the tapes make a deal with the Japanese, then if they are not bothered about the money for themselves they could give their profits to a charity of their choice - although I have to say - I don't know anyone who couldn't do with a bit of extra cash.............as "evil" as it is (sic), maybe they could insist that the Japanese give some of their profits over too - maybe to the 'Save the Whale' charity..........winking smiley . like my ole gran used to say...where there's a will .....there's a way..........

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 28, 2011 13:23

Rank Stranger
alimente
The rumours that a guy called WS (won't mention his full name) is hoarding the Mocambo tapes is curculating since decades. However, noone heard even a clip yet. I would not blame the guy for "hoarding" stuff like this, because he supposedly gave a promise to his source not to trade the stuff by any means.

The only thing what pisses me off is that people like him actually talk about owning certain tapes - knowing that there's quite a few people out there who want to listen to them too.

And if the story is true that he supposedly agreed to trade the tapes against some other rare stuff - which he received - and did not send the Mocambo tapes, but some other generally available - and, of course, UNWANTED - stuff in return (or a tape copy of the Mocambo vinyl boot, can't remember this exactly, it's many many years ago that I heard this story) it pisses me off even more.

Are we talking about the"WS", who at the end of the seventies lived in Dortmund;
I have not been in contact with him for thirty years; don't know where he is now;
was then an avid collector; also a big Karl May fan, if I remember correctly.

Yep, that's the one.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:43

I have this vinyl reedition

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-30 10:56 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: May 9, 2011 19:44

Date: May 9, 2011 21:16

thumbs up

Posted by: MJAGGER123 ()
Date: May 10, 2011 12:15

Thanks!
But I can`t get a connection to hungarycity!

Is there anywhere, who can upload this DAC-117 on Megaupload/Rapidshare??

Rock`s Off

Andreas

Posted by: MJAGGER123 ()
Date: May 10, 2011 12:26

Sorry I found the link to megaupload!

Many Thanks!

Rock`s Off

Date: May 10, 2011 13:05

" I can`t get a connection to hungarycity!"

Hungarycity... sounds good isn't it?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home