Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New DAC Release: Sexual Healing (DAC-117)
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 24, 2011 18:17

Sexual Healing (DAC-117) is a one disc title containing various tapes from the March 4th and March 5th, 1977 El Mocambo shows in Toronto. This includes two stereo remixes, a mono upgrade and a declicked edition of the acetate.

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Re: New DAC Release: Sexual Healing (DAC-117)
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 24, 2011 18:26

Great artwork. But is it an upgrade, compared to the IMP release.....? - that's the big question

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: April 24, 2011 18:48

kewl...

Date: April 24, 2011 19:03

blakeeik
kewl...

had to look up this word in dictionary...since I'm not english speaking....dictionary said:

"KEWL" The stupidest possible mispelling of a word in existance. Not only is it wrong, but it is also harder to type than "cool"."

so there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-24 19:04 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: April 24, 2011 21:07

actually, there are about 100 dumber ways to spell cool:

kool
kwel
koo
kl
kul
kuul
ku
kwl
sool (so cool)
quool
cu

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 24, 2011 21:29

Erik_Snow
Great artwork. But is it an upgrade, compared to the IMP release.....? - that's the big question

They sorted it after the tape sources while IMP mixed the best sources to present first the concert order and then some tracks from alternate sources as bonus. Well, I just bought the IMP release and will for sure get this one too. So I can compare...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 24, 2011 21:45

Such an important show.
On its way to becoming released in as many different forms as Oakland 1969 or Brussels 1973. Crazy Mama is still just a fragment, so its got to still be the same sources as before.

The question's still remain...
When will the Stones put out a nice upgrade?
How did the bottle of Jack not vibrate off the Bass amp?

Date: April 24, 2011 22:39

midnrambler
Erik_Snow

They sorted it after the tape sources while IMP mixed the best sources to present first the concert order and then some tracks from alternate sources as bonus. Well, I just bought the IMP release and will for sure get this one too. So I can compare...

I´ll buy this one as well!

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 24, 2011 23:29

and the complete tapes are still fading away in hamburg, untraded...........

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 25, 2011 00:14

falo01
Are you talking 'The Stones own' recordings or an audience recording ? ....Hmmm, if 'he' won't trade I guess there's zero chance of him being generous and giving them to Stonesworld before it's too late.......I'm shocked that someone other than the Stones might have these shows....eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-25 00:39 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 25, 2011 00:42

EddieByword
falo01
Are you talking 'The Stones own' recordings or an audience recording ? ....Hmmm, if 'he' won't trade I guess there's zero chance of him being generous and giving them to Stonesworld before it's too late.......I'm shocked that someone other than the Stones might have these shows....eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Could you tell us more about this? Are you implying tapes of both shows exist but are being hoarded?

Posted by: mexicanrstone ()
Date: April 25, 2011 01:15

please can you upload this???

Date: April 25, 2011 09:20

EddieByword
falo01
As i said before, when it comes to Stones and especially Mr. Jagger i'm quiet sure that he has nice tapes of about every show they have done in the past. Regarding people outside the inner circle, there are many nice recordings and shows that have been recorded that never will be circulating and that's it. I know a few people having very nice tapes of shows that don't "exist" but they wont share then. I respect that since many Japanese bootleg labels would make a lot of money just by download it here or somewhere else and then press the material on silvers without giving anything to the owner of the tape. But who knows? Maybe we can listen to the horseshoe gig (and other rarities) one day, as i know a guy that has it.

Date: April 25, 2011 11:24

Well it's never too late... someone at the torrent site Dime has liberated an excellent aud recording of the "lost" Bern 1973-09-25 show (confirmed date), and WHAT A SHOW!
So things happen eventually... and I don't think Jap bootleggers are a nuisance cos they sell very few units these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-25 11:25 by dcba.

Date: April 25, 2011 11:30

dcba
EddieByword
falo01

Could you tell us more about this? Are you implying tapes of both shows exist but are being hoarded?

I heard about El Mocambo tapes being hoarded in Germany, years ago. So the rumour might be true, since Falo even knows the city they're locked away in
And Altamont SBD exists....we know; after the "MP3 stream" on the "Revelations on the Rolling Stones" website.

Jeppeflash mentioned Horseshoe Tavern 1997......well; I could do mighty fine without that one, myself.
An unrehearsed 1997 Rolling Stones concert.....probably even worse than Double Door 1997.....NO THANKS! Leave the tape untraded, please.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-25 12:59 by Erik_Snow.

Date: April 25, 2011 11:34

midnrambler
Erik_Snow

Let us know what you find out.
Think I'll pass on this DAC - since there's nothing new; and I have my doubts in the people charge in EQing over at the DAC factory.

I'll save my money for the forthcoming Bern 1973 release grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-25 12:58 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: April 25, 2011 13:16

falo01

Please....

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: April 25, 2011 14:12

>Well it's never too late... someone at the torrent site Dime has liberated an excellent aud recording of the "lost" Bern >1973-09-25 show (confirmed date), and WHAT A SHOW!

More than the six tracks already circulating? On Dime? Can't find it there.
Do you have a direct link?

N

Date: April 25, 2011 15:36

Sure!
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Labelled as Sept.26 but read the 297 comments... this stuff is new and matches the well-known incomplete 25/9 tape.
And the recording can be greatly improevd with a bit of EQ. As is it's pretty dull, boost the treble and it'll be much nicer, with a bit of hiss though...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-25 15:41 by dcba.

Date: April 25, 2011 15:39

Erik_Snow
and I have my doubts in the people charge in EQing over at the DAC factory.

Good point! Sometimes denoizing an acetate means sucking the life out of it...

Posted by: marko ()
Date: April 25, 2011 17:49

dcba
Sure!
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Labelled as Sept.26 but read the 297 comments... this stuff is new and matches the well-known incomplete 25/9 tape.
And the recording can be greatly improevd with a bit of EQ. As is it's pretty dull, boost the treble and it'll be much nicer, with a bit of hiss though...

Oh,i just downloaded this one,is it really show from 25th??? as it is soon to be
remastered.I will share this here for sure!

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: April 25, 2011 20:44

Isn't the original vinyl version still the best source for this show?

Or did I miss something?

Date: April 25, 2011 21:08

"Isn't the original vinyl version still the best source for this show?"

As with lots of boots, yes probably...

Date: April 25, 2011 21:09

Hillside Blues

Or did I miss something?

Why should you be missing something just because there's a new CD release in Japan?

Date: April 25, 2011 21:13

Hillside Blues

Or did I miss something?

It´s great but i think the IMP release is the best so far.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 25, 2011 23:08

The rumours that a guy called WS (won't mention his full name) is hoarding the Mocambo tapes is curculating since decades. However, noone heard even a clip yet. I would not blame the guy for "hoarding" stuff like this, because he supposedly gave a promise to his source not to trade the stuff by any means.

The only thing what pisses me off is that people like him actually talk about owning certain tapes - knowing that there's quite a few people out there who want to listen to them too.

And if the story is true that he supposedly agreed to trade the tapes against some other rare stuff - which he received - and did not send the Mocambo tapes, but some other generally available - and, of course, UNWANTED - stuff in return (or a tape copy of the Mocambo vinyl boot, can't remember this exactly, it's many many years ago that I heard this story) it pisses me off even more.

Date: April 26, 2011 02:35

Erik_Snow
Hillside Blues

Or did I miss something?

Why should you be missing something just because there's a new CD release in Japan?

Well yeah... I bought the original vinyl about 2 years ago and it totally blew my mind. It was so much better than the VGP release that I can't even begin to describe it. I thought I had the ultimate release and never looked back.

Since then I've heard about some new CD's from IMP and now this DAC and thought maybe they found some new sources. Obviously I was wrong and I'll keep listening to my vinyl rip.

Date: April 26, 2011 11:59

Hillside Blues
Erik_Snow
Hillside Blues

Or did I miss something?

Well yeah... I bought the original vinyl about 2 years ago and it totally blew my mind. It was so much better than the VGP release that I can't even begin to describe it. I thought I had the ultimate release and never looked back.

Since then I've heard about some new CD's from IMP and now this DAC and thought maybe they found some new sources. Obviously I was wrong and I'll keep listening to my vinyl rip.

Can you post the LP artwork? I wonder if it´s the same LP that i got?

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: April 26, 2011 12:06

Well can you post that vinyl rip too,with artwork,please?

Date: April 26, 2011 18:03

I don't have a scan of the cover but it looks like this. The vinyl is green and black.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home