Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SISTER MORPHINE ORIGINAL CDS WANTED
Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: February 5, 2011 09:40

I would like to complete my collection of Sister Morphine titles (I don't have many).
If anybody is willing to sell any originals or knows where i could get them, I am very interested. You can email to: silvertrain@telefonica.net

Re: SISTER MORPHINE ORIGINAL CDS WANTED
Date: February 6, 2011 12:05

up again!!!

Posted by: mifamifa ()
Date: February 7, 2011 10:27

As far as I remember, this has already been discussed. All SISTER MORPHINE releases are CDRs. If there are silver cds of their works, they are not released by SM.

Date: February 7, 2011 18:26

yes, when I state cds I mean the original sister morphine cdr pressings, but I'm only interested in original SM CDR pressings

Date: February 12, 2011 14:14

still looking for them !!!

Posted by: ozstonesfan ()
Date: August 13, 2011 05:27

Hello

I have found some issues with original Sister Morphine cdrs related to cdr rot. You can follow the discussion on the Beggars Banquet forum.

Cheers

Andrew

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 13, 2011 17:42

I have quite a few original SM cdrs (some over 10 yrs old) and have never had a problem, they all play as well as the first day I received them. Guess I was just lucky.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-13 17:43 by scottkeef.

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: August 13, 2011 22:49

scottkeef
I have quite a few original SM cdrs (some over 10 yrs old) and have never had a problem, they all play as well as the first day I received them. Guess I was just lucky.....

Yes- me too. They used 'MAM' (Mitsui Audio Mastering) cdrs, which are the absolute best on the market. The 'silver' ones apparently have an expected life-span of 100 years & the 24 Karat gold ones a whopping 300 years. The gold ones are 'archive grade' & were actually developed for storing US Government documents- so they're pretty much bullet-proof. I have seen FAKE Sister Morphine releases though- on Ebay etc. The main difference is that they're not on MAM discs, but regular cdrs.
I know all these facts & figures can sometimes be a load of 'sales-spin', but one of the reasons I like to keep on collecting silver-pressed boots (where possible) is exactly because of regular cdrs disintegrating- which they do on occasion, after quite a short time in my experience.

Date: August 27, 2011 16:40

MrsHop
scottkeef

Yes- me too. They used 'MAM' (Mitsui Audio Mastering) cdrs, which are the absolute best on the market. The 'silver' ones apparently have an expected life-span of 100 years & the 24 Karat gold ones a whopping 300 years. The gold ones are 'archive grade' & were actually developed for storing US Government documents- so they're pretty much bullet-proof. I have seen FAKE Sister Morphine releases though- on Ebay etc. The main difference is that they're not on MAM discs, but regular cdrs.
I know all these facts & figures can sometimes be a load of 'sales-spin', but one of the reasons I like to keep on collecting silver-pressed boots (where possible) is exactly because of regular cdrs disintegrating- which they do on occasion, after quite a short time in my experience.

I have had problems with a few discs now. All are MAM cdrs and all were obtained direct from SM records at the time of release so I know they are genuine (numbered etc). It appears there was an issue in the late nineties early 2000's with a batch of MAM cdrs which could explain why not all SM cdrs that people have are failing. Basically if you run your finger over the label side it will show up like you have grease on your hands and reveals a residue on the cd label side. A wash with soapy water cleans it up but often there are small pin prick holes evident after the clean. So far only one disc of mine doesn't play well. All others still play just look as though something has attacked the label surface. Seems to be more prevalent on the gold cdrs.

Cheers

Andrew

Date: May 9, 2012 12:53

Hi all

Just as an update to this series of posts. Finally getting around to sorting out all the cds collected in the late 90's and early 2000's (before downloading became possible) and I am sad to reveal that many releases on cdr bought at the time namely Sister Morphine and Mickboy releases in many instances either no longer play or are unable to be archived due to errors.

These are not copies but original cdrs so I can only assume that some of the media used and the chemicals used in the cd labels (Mickboy) combined with age have rendered them useless. It appears to my research that the lifespan of a cdr is about 10 years which is about where we are at compared to the halcyon days of cd bootlegs.

I would be interested in what others discover or if I am just unlucky. Maybe it is because living downunder we play the cds upside down smiling smiley

A very sad discovery. At least I still have my vinyl and silver boots!

Cheers

Andrew

ozstonesfan
MrsHop
scottkeef

I have had problems with a few discs now. All are MAM cdrs and all were obtained direct from SM records at the time of release so I know they are genuine (numbered etc). It appears there was an issue in the late nineties early 2000's with a batch of MAM cdrs which could explain why not all SM cdrs that people have are failing. Basically if you run your finger over the label side it will show up like you have grease on your hands and reveals a residue on the cd label side. A wash with soapy water cleans it up but often there are small pin prick holes evident after the clean. So far only one disc of mine doesn't play well. All others still play just look as though something has attacked the label surface. Seems to be more prevalent on the gold cdrs.

Cheers

Andrew

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: May 13, 2012 13:55

I bought cdrs direct from Mickboy back in the day and most had problems from the off.I think he burnt discs at high speeds at a time when most pc's couldn't handle it and alot of his discs eneded up full of static.
I am looking at an original SM Voodoo Edo 2 disc set on Mitsui Thermal (at least that's what it says on the discs)and they look fine to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home