Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'DEUCES STILL WILD' - Best '72?
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 16:31

Quick question - the Sister Morphine release "Deuces Still Wild" - reviewed on bootlegzone as maybe the best 1972 boot

I have great boots like 'You Can't do that Baby', would 'Deuces' be the best quality of all the 1972 stuff?

Re: 'DEUCES STILL WILD' - Best '72?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 23, 2013 17:40

As a rule the terms "Sister Morphine release" + "best" never ever match...

SM was the Lance Armstrong of the boot world : everything was "enhanced", un-natural and to be avoided.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-23 17:41 by dcba.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 23, 2013 18:10

Saying "Deuces still Wild" is the best bootleg of 1972 is like saying that a chewing gum is the best meal in town
Those comments at bootlegzone is not something one should pay attention to. Most "commenters" there don't have a clue

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 23, 2013 18:17

Hi Erik! >grinning smiley<

Date: August 24, 2013 21:29

dcba

SM was the Lance Armstrong of the boot world : everything was "enhanced", un-natural and to be avoided.

That bad?^

Only learning about the bootleg world, thanks to such an amazing resource like StonesVault.

I'll stick with 'Keep your Motor Running' and 'You Can't do that baby' for 1972, they are very good

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: August 24, 2013 22:20

Erik_Snow
Saying "Deuces still Wild" is the best bootleg of 1972 is like saying that a chewing gum is the best meal in town
Those comments at bootlegzone is not something one should pay attention to. Most "commenters" there don't have a clue

Ha! I like that analogy. Although I don't think it is fair. I think a better analogy is to find the best steak in town, then rub it in an ashtray and eat it. There is Morph: still good but tainted, not as good as it once was, and always from another farm.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 24, 2013 23:33

IrelandCalling4
dcba

That bad?^

Only learning about the bootleg world, thanks to such an amazing resource like StonesVault.

I'll stick with 'Keep your Motor Running' and 'You Can't do that baby' for 1972, they are very good

It's not thát bad!

Date: August 25, 2013 15:33

kleermaker
IrelandCalling4
dcba

That bad?^

It's not thát bad!

What would you recommend kleer? I have Motor Running, and You Can't do that - I really like both,'You can't do that' has better sound overall I think

What would your own favourites be from the tour?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 25, 2013 17:01

Plug In Flush Out

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 25, 2013 17:04

You can't do that is not realy necessary, it's just the soundtrack of the Ladies & Gentlemen movie, which you have on official dvd/blu ray anyway.

I think the 7 cd box of rattle snake: The Rolling Stones Touring Party 1972 is the one to buy. It has all the well known soundboards in best possible sound:
the Philladelphia Special 1&2 material, Fort Worth express , Welcome to N.Y. etc..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-26 01:46 by GJV.

Date: August 25, 2013 17:09

IrelandCalling4
kleermaker
IrelandCalling4
dcba

That bad?^

It's not thát bad!

What would you recommend kleer? I have Motor Running, and You Can't do that - I really like both,'You can't do that' has better sound overall I think

What would your own favourites be from the tour?

You Can't Do That is the soundtrack of L&G, so when you have L&G it's superfluous.

Keep Your Motor: there are different versions, but none of them is my favourite.

Difficult to say what is to recommend. I have so many of them. The Philly shows and Fort Worth ones are good, and especially the (Rattle Snake) Touring Parties (3 volumes). Just grab them all and compare them yourself.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 25, 2013 17:13

What I just said a couple of minutes ago...winking smiley

Date: August 25, 2013 17:30

GJV
What I just said a couple of minutes ago...winking smiley

Yep. I didn't read that. Shame on me. sad smiley

Date: August 25, 2013 22:46

Thanks very much guys, I'll go for 'Touring Party'!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home