Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: neylon79 ()
Date: October 27, 2010 17:43

I posted last week about my attempt to compile the Stones outtakes using the best sources, so that I didn't have to listen to repeats and inferior versions of outtakes from various cds. I am uploading my collection on to megaupload now, so I will be posting them.

Here's the first set:
Beggar's Banquet
1 - Hamburger To Go.flac
2 - Blood Red Wine.flac
3 - Family 2.flac
4 - Pay Your Dues.flac
5 - Highway Child.Flac
6 - Family.flac
7 - Still A Fool.flac
8 - Child Of The Moon.flac
9 - Dear Doctor Take 1.flac
10 - No Expectations.flac
11 - Sympathy For The Devil.flac

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-21 15:41 by neylon79.

Re: POST: Ultimate Outtakes Collections - Beggar's Banquet
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 27, 2010 20:51

Nice start...and in FLAC too!
Since these are the 'same old' outtakes you have no doubt heard ad nauseum, what kind of thought went into the track order?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: October 27, 2010 20:56

Looks promising!

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 27, 2010 21:58

Thanks for the effort.

Could you include the source each tracks was taken from in the tracklist? That would make things somewhat easier for those who would like to compare with alternate sources.

Date: October 28, 2010 00:34

Thanks for the compliments, I hope I can contribute something to you guys. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the work everyone has done posting and how much great stuff I have been blessed to hear because of you all.(esp Urban Wheel)

As to sources, I hate having to type this, as my plan was to provide just this information. My file with that info was somehow deleted, so I don't have the info. No doubt that would have made this SO much easier- sorry.

As to track order, for things like Beggar's Banquet where I had between 5-15 tracks, I put unreleased songs first, basically in order of how much I like the song, then different versions of official songs next, since I tend to want to hear all the different songs rather than 2 versions of one song. On Some Girls/Emotoinal Rescue where there were 20-50 tracks, it ended up basically being alphabetical, which is kinda stupid, but I was growing weary of all the organizing at that point. I plan on listening and making notes on my favorites and re ordering at some point.

Most of my stuff is flac, I of course tried to get all flac, but was unable to. I then of course went for the highest bit rate I could. I can tell you that almost all of my sources are the common ones found here, black box, unsurpassed masters, etc. I also noticed in looking at this txt file that I have some overlapping, songs on 2 collections. I may have doubled up by accident, could be a different version recorded earlier.

I used a program called tag scanner to tag the files. I've been CD free for a couple years now, using a hard drive for my music only (and a backup of course). Anyone can create these compilations so easily in this way, adding to mine or whatever you want to do.

I look forward to posting more and finding some unknown gems or just upgrading some songs with your help.

Matt

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: October 28, 2010 17:26

Very interesting - good luck!!

It is always a very personal view on what outtakes should be included - or left out - and sorting out duplicates, low grade versions, etc can be a big task.
Always interesting to see what others come up with and how they are put together
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 29, 2010 00:40

Thanks Matt for sharing your compilation and selections here!
smileys with beer

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: October 29, 2010 07:07

Yes, many thx for the effort in this, I know I've tried & it's taking me ages to do it.

Notice you've got 5 - Cops And Robbers, & 6 - Crackin' Up listed, they're not outtakes but radio broadcasts

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 7, 2010 13:31

thanks

Posted by: vladar966 ()
Date: November 13, 2010 16:51

Hi Matt,

do you plan to continue with other posts?

Date: November 18, 2010 23:10

Yes, i am going to post the rest sometime soon.
Sorry, I've been more busy than expected recently

glad you want more though

Matt

Posted by: vladar966 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 18:16

Thank you in advance!!!

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: November 24, 2010 00:46

Thankyou

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: December 7, 2010 17:25

i´m hopefully awaiting more posts!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home